Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Trucks
User Name
Password

Old 08-08-2010, 10:33 AM

Default Mazda/Ranger G-machine

I dont know if anybody is following this, but on TRUCKS! we're building a Mazda B2500 (RBV same thing as a Ranger, but cheaper to buy) with a 4.6 Aluminator, T56 Magnum trans, 04 Cobra IRS, Custom adjustable front suspension., coilovers, etc. We're using reconstruction techniques to balance weight and hopefully get it a little more even and square biased. I dont have any pics right now of the new engine, but it's been on the air with our Marauder engine/trans swap we did as a first stage V8 swap (which worked well until we broke some parts...)

We hope to be able to tear up some autocrosses in the spring, but also maybe change the ratio of not only Trucks-vs-cars at these events, but also the grossly unbalanced Chevy to Ford Ratio that hacks like Finch and Steilow are flooding them with..... ( that oughta start something good... )

New shows should be airing soon showing details.

KT.
PTFB, Viking, Holley Performance Products, BFGoodrich, Heatshield Products, Turbonetics, Hellion Turbo Systems,TCI, Dennys driveshafts, Eastwood, Preferredline Media, Summit Racing, Strange Engineering, Forgeline, TMI Products, DBR High Performance, Spectre Performance, Vintage Air, NPD, Digitails, Redline Lumtronix, Dakota Digital, Newport Engineering, Stage 8 fasteners, Industrial Depot, Brian Finch, Grant Salter, and many more Good friends with big hearts.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I like the idea on the IRS and that you're gonna show how to fix whats wrong with it. Also think stretching the wheelbase is a cool idea. Neat project.

Jeff-
Old 08-08-2010, 12:34 PM

I watched the show yesterday. It looks like a really cool project. More fords out there would be really nice. I get the feeling we are about to see an influx of them though with your other project coming, the Ring Brothers shop car being a just a couple of the cars being built. My Mav should be ready this fall. Not a pro build by any means but hopefully still fast enough to be competitive. Anyway... looking forward to watching the Mazger build. Maybe you can have a showdown against the "Horse Power" BMR setup Camaro when they're done.

Its not a Vega!!!!

Total Cost Involved - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - Fatman - MaverickMan Carbon
Old 08-08-2010, 05:03 PM

I've been watching this build, lovin' it!! But I'm glad my Ranger is in another state where I can't get my hands on it, your truck is making me itch to get going on it as well...
Old 08-09-2010, 08:12 AM

Truck looked great this weekend Kevin! Looking forward to seeing what you can do to get it balanced... and also how you're moving the front suspension forward... it's the little stuff that goes unnoticed that makes all the difference sometimes! Cool that you guys pointed it out on the show!

Check out this Datsun 520/Miata hybrid for some inspiration:

http://www.build-threads.com/build-threads/mx520/

Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST
Old 08-09-2010, 01:28 PM

I DVR the show every weekend......out of the box build, very cool
Old 08-09-2010, 02:30 PM

I wish I could get the show here in Switzerland. I can't find anything on the Trucks website.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:25 AM

It's a cool project, excited to see how it turns out. I'm even more excited that some of the hosts of a show are on a real forum checking things out. To many times you hear show hosts spew out incorrect info about things.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,542 Times in 850 Posts

I say we put them side by side and see who does a better burn out.

I mean with both have 4.7l motors

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Old 08-01-2011, 07:12 PM
eurekomash

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttrucks View Post
I dont know if anybody is following this, but on TRUCKS! we're building a Mazda B2500 (RBV same thing as a Ranger, but cheaper to buy) with a 4.6 Aluminator, T56 Magnum trans, 04 Cobra IRS, Custom adjustable front suspension., coilovers, etc. We're using reconstruction techniques to balance weight and hopefully get it a little more even and square biased. I dont have any pics right now of the new engine, but it's been on the air with our Marauder engine/trans swap we did as a first stage V8 swap (which worked well until we broke some Mazda accessories and replacement parts...)

We hope to be able to tear up some autocrosses in the spring, but also maybe change the ratio of not only Trucks-vs-cars at these events, but also the grossly unbalanced Chevy to Ford Ratio that hacks like Finch and Steilow are flooding them with..... ( that oughta start something good... )

New shows should be airing soon showing details.

KT.
i think i'd bumped this thread but im on the same boat and im having problems on installing some parts for my mazda truck. consulted a local mechanic for it but he advised me to go directly to the dealer. sorry to ask but are there any cheap mazda parts available for replacement. Im building this project two months now and hopefull would be able to come up with a good result. any replies are welcome and any help would highly be appreciated. Again sorry to come up with a reply that is late in time. Hope you understand....