Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 07-05-2018, 05:52 PM

I like camaros.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
You'd be surprised how much interest! I look forward to the updates.

Jeff-
I agree. This is a very cool build and I like the details and Home built aspect of it. I love threads like Greg’s Mustang but that kind of project is $$$$, this is a cool down to earth build that is more relateable. Especially being built in a garage.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:09 AM

Oh damn!!! I had no idea any of you guys were even paying any attention to this thread. I was not seeing much chatter so I thought it was just me writing to myself =)

Thanks for the encouragement and keeping me motivated!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
I don't care what others think, I'm excited every time I see that Sean has updated this thread...

I dig it so much that I don't even care that the pictures are so huge I have to scroll back and forth to view them.
Thanks man, Appreciate you chiming in and saying something. You going to be at SEMA this year?

I never knew the pics were too big. they look totally normal on my screen on my computer and my phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
Outstanding work!

I've been following along since the first post, enjoying the build. Not only is it cool "dare to be different" but I am learning things along the way.
Thank you, I have never really been into cars that are "easy" to build. I like boxy and being a little different. Glad to hear you are picking up a few things here and there, I do a lot of that also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
I think this is my first post here and all I have to say is what he said. ^

I read your whole truck build and loved it, this is intriguing to me as well. You can only get into so many Camaro builds. And I am a Chevy guy myself.
Thanks Marcellus, Appreciate the feedback and Ill keep them coming. The truck build was super fun, gotta keep learning though right??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraman1 View Post
I think every car I see has something to offer but in all honesty if I never see another 67-69 Camaro build in any shape or form I will be good with it. Trucks that go fast but shouldn't , rambler station wagons , Volvo P1900's , 64-65 GM A body wagons or El Caminos , anything Mopar and anything else off the beaten path is what I dig. Anyone can build the mundane but the stuff you rarely see is where I get excited.
We have very similar tastes, I like the less common cars. It was between this and a Maverick and it was all about what I could find for reasonable money. Thanks for the props.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
You'd be surprised how much interest! I look forward to the updates.

Jeff-
Thanks Jeff, I had no idea. Ill keep the updates coming along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post
I like camaros.
Oh I know you do buddy. I also know you are following along though. Looks like its time for business on the mustang? You going to do any track days soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtotheIKEo View Post
I agree. This is a very cool build and I like the details and Home built aspect of it. I love threads like Greg’s Mustang but that kind of project is $$$$, this is a cool down to earth build that is more relateable. Especially being built in a garage.
I love the over the top builds as well and those are what keep me going and trying to do better, I appreciate them but its out of my wheelhouse.

This old girl is all garage built.

Hope to have some parts today, didnt even touch it last night

Happy Friday!!
Old 07-06-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackster View Post

Thanks man, Appreciate you chiming in and saying something. You going to be at SEMA this year?

I never knew the pics were too big. they look totally normal on my screen on my computer and my phone.

Just finished my plans for the SEMA trip yesterday in fact, so yeah I'll be there. We'll see you at the Lat-G party for sure?

Maybe it's just my Chrome browser but yeah huge scroll bar for me left and right for most of your pics... Not sure why... Still worth looking at though!!
Old 07-07-2018, 01:46 PM

I used 2- 12" long pieces of 3" C channel and 2 large metal clamps and a quick clamp to hold it together while I got the screw clamps on. It worked good. Clamped this way and tacked, then removed, rotated 90 degrees, re clamped and tacked again.

Once tacked together, I put everything back together to make sure I was able to get the C clips back in and the brakes on, with the shafts.

Sean, kudo's to you for doing all this work on your own & fabbing things along the way!
I've got a rearend that going to get cut for big Ford bearing ends and a Trutrac. The shop utilizes this product to make sure all is aligned.
https://www.mittlerbros.com/rear-end...l?options=cart

Anyway, keep up your good work, look forward to the updates.
Simon
Old 07-10-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F'in mine View Post

Sean, kudo's to you for doing all this work on your own & fabbing things along the way!
I've got a rearend that going to get cut for big Ford bearing ends and a Trutrac. The shop utilizes this product to make sure all is aligned.
https://www.mittlerbros.com/rear-end...l?options=cart

Anyway, keep up your good work, look forward to the updates.
Simon
Thanks man, that setup is pretty nice, a little too much for the maybe a couple times in my life I will narrow an axle.

Appreciate the props.

This project is turning out to be bigger than anticipated. Got shocks and tabs on Friday and got to work for a little bit.

I ended up not using any of the tabs as the shock really needed to be king of low to get some reasonable travel out of them.

I am running a ride tech adjustable coilover. These are very high quality shocks and are 100% tunable. Guys like Ron Sutton can valve them however you want them to be and I want to be able to fine tune them in the future.

its a 4.1" Travel shock, ride height is set at 4.5" from rocker to ground on a 25" tall tire. I am 2.25" of uptravel at that level.

I ordered up a bad ass mosier diff cover, unfortunately it does not clear anything so looks like Ill need to just run the stamped steel diff cover, it has like .25" clearance at the tightest spot.

So built all of my brackets, got everything tacked in, pulled the entire assembly back out, and got to welding. I added gussets to the back and bottom of the shock and lower link tabs to be 100% sure that dont have any flex, pretty sure they are not going anywhere. Also this tied in the two sided of where I shortened the rear axle.

I got the stock wheel studs pressed out and the new ARP long studs pressed in, cleaned up the faces and slid them in temporarily. I am waiting for brakes to show up should be here this week. I have the new flex lines from the car to the axle made already.

Kind of running out of steam at this point :oops: Now I gotta start on the rear wheelwells to get some real tires in there, its going to be a fair bit of work.

Sean
The Following User Says Thank You to hackster For This Useful Post:
syborg tt (07-19-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 12:30 PM

So, I'm not sure what is different but the first picture in this post is huge and the rest are prefect in size... Is it just me?

I can't wait to see this hanging under the car...looks like a great way to make something work where it probably shouldn't have...

Paint it or blow apart and powdercoat?
Old 07-10-2018, 04:27 PM

If "running out of steam" for you is building a new rear suspension, I don't know what to call my complete lack of interest in replacing the timing cover on my stupid car (which seems necessary to fire it up, given apparently incompatible cam sensor distance).

To reply to a previous response, come on down if you get the chance. I've got a 12-mile test track (curvy river road) that runs right past my yard--you just have to dodge a lot of spandex on certain days . . .

Thanks for the clarity the Holley hydramaxipad thing. I may look into that the next time my fuel pump situation becomes problematic.

Oh, and to be the jerk here (kind of my job), you are going to want some vertical adjustment in that Panhard, if you haven't already planned that in.

Last edited by rustomatic; 07-11-2018 at 11:51 AM. Reason: speling error (get it?)
Old 07-10-2018, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustomatic View Post

--you just have to dodge a lot of spandex on certain days . . .

Oh, and to be the jerk here (kind of my job), you are going to want some vertical adjustment in that Pandard, if you haven't already planned that in.
Careful Rustio, I’m pretty sure Sean has the required spandex...nobody wants to see that.😐

And as far as being a jerk, I mentioned the same thing about vertical adjustment with the horizontal locator. Let’s see if two jackasses can make him rework a finished part.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:18 PM

[QUOTE=SSLance;679940]So, I'm not sure what is different but the first picture in this post is huge and the rest are prefect in size... Is it just me?

I think so.... but you are kinda special.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer