Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 09-08-2009, 10:39 AM

Looks really good.

I har that SEMA clock ticking in the back ground.... TICK TICK TICK.....
Old 09-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironworks View Post
Looks really good.

I har that SEMA clock ticking in the back ground.... TICK TICK TICK.....
You sure that isn't the clock in your shop ticking away .

We're not that rushed. We just need an interior, and final assembly, ok and maybe some other things like the ISIS system, hard lines, and the list goes on Sometimes, I seriously wonder how it will all get done. I've been so busy running around that I finally sat down on Sunday and just crashed. I think I've spent most of the last couple days asleep, and I'm not even the one putting in all of the hours.

The car is at the upholstery shop now which is a good thing. I have to go and meet with those guys tomorrow to finalize some ideas. I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

Matt
Old 09-08-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69MSA View Post
I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

Matt

That is because you are.....

I think we are just going to do a vinyl wrap on our car. Thats a 1 day paint job. The interior will be textured dynamat insulation, with exposed wiring and AC duct work.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:45 PM

Default SEMA count down

BOS does some awsome work!! You @ least have paint on your car.. I got two more weeks till I get my build in the paint shop.. Then get the car assembled to make it to SEMA!!! I am in my machine shop making intake spacer plates to mount Magna supercharger on a LS7.. be working till midnight.. wake up early to drive over to Bent Customs & check on progress on the plumbing.. build an oil tank for the dry sump oil sytem.. & yadaddda
Old 09-14-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
BOS does some awsome work!! You @ least have paint on your car.. I got two more weeks till I get my build in the paint shop.. Then get the car assembled to make it to SEMA!!! I am in my machine shop making intake spacer plates to mount Magna supercharger on a LS7.. be working till midnight.. wake up early to drive over to Bent Customs & check on progress on the plumbing.. build an oil tank for the dry sump oil sytem.. & yadaddda
I feel sorry for you right now. Although I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end to have a supercharged LS7, not to mention having the car at SEMA. You'll have to tell me where it ends up, because I'd love to see it there.

Also, Dick just sent over a batch of pictures, so I figured I'd post up.

Thanks to the Marquez guys for a really cool instrument panel. That and the gauges just work together.

Chris has been busy on the wiring harness, which has been coming together really quickly. We have run into one little dilemma though. We picked up a set of Ford GT switches, and were a little curious about how exactly to wire them up and where to find the connector plug for them. I know nothing about wiring, so hopefully Chris will chime in and explain a little better, and maybe even post of a pic or two. I figure there might be a chance that someone here might know what is needed.

Oh and the old tail light housings received some bead blasting, and paint, and cleaned up rather nicely:

Matt
Old 09-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thumbs up

The dash cluster looks good and those tail light housings came out awesome!
Old 09-15-2009, 05:17 PM

What kind of switches?
Old 09-15-2009, 07:05 PM

These switches, pictured below

As it turns out though, the problem has been solved. I've been wanting to put these switches in a car ever since I first saw them, so naturally, when I first saw pictures of the Ring Brothers' Razor and its interior, it stuck in the back of my mind that they had used those switches too. Long story short, I suggested Chris give them a call to see if they could help, which they did. So a big thanks goes out to them for taking the time to help us out.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:55 PM

I like those. I'm guessing there will be some type of matching theme in there.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:54 PM

Yeah, I figure, or at least hope that the switches match the rest of the theme.
As for the theme, let me preface it by saying,
I know there have been arguments about pro-touring becoming all about showy parts and looks, and I won't lie, our interior won't be one that is spartan looking, and only incorporates function. I suppose as our ideas for this project evolved, and I started to conceptualize the whole car, my definition of pro-touring became not only to make an old muscle car handle and drive like a modern car, but also to combine the entire feel of a new car into the 69, while not making something that will look too dated, like it was part of a fad, ten years from now

since it is nearly impossible to describe what it will look like, let's just say it carries over some of the exterior theme, and includes some brushed metal, a little carbon fiber here and there, a touch of suede and pinch of diamond stitching. The goal is to create a very oem luxo-grand touring looking interior.

Matt