Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Interior and Electrical
User Name
Password

Old 03-15-2010, 11:07 AM

Default Chevelle Seats/Buckets? Driving me nuts, need help.

I did some forum searching but didn't find 100% what I was looking for.

So I first had my goal set after purchasing my 70' Chevelle to do more of a factory SS look and purchased all new covered front SS buckets and rear seat. After seeing more car builds my eye was wondering in the more custom look so here is what I have so far going on with my car and I am at a stand still on what front seat to use, I need help!!!

- SS Dash
- Route 66 Billet insert
- AMG Sport Comp 2 gauges
- Vintage air, using there billet control panel
- Billet Specialty steering wheel
- Fesler door panels
- SS center consul
- Lukar shifter
- Having a billet top plate made to mate the shifter boot and Lukar Dig. shift indicator and the SS consul together.

I am at the point where I need to decide on a set of front buckets so when my Fesler panels show up this week I can start having everything covered to match,

So here is the big issue I am finding but need help on so I don't waste my money and not be happy. The #1 thing about my car build I need to keep in mind is my kids (3) and making sure it is easy for them to get in the back seat and also see from where they are seating. I don't want a bucket seat with a tall and wide back, but something with good support so if dad wants to one day take the car out on the track somewhere I have a good seat.

- Not a tall back
- Easy rear seat access
- Recline
- Lumbar
- Side bolsters

I am not apposed to taking a seat with most of what I want and having it rebuilt to my liking, these seats are going to get recovered to match the complete car ao it can be done at the same time.

What I have thought about already:

- Factory SS and rebuild it to be more custom
- Corbeau GTS 2
- Corbeau Sport
- RECARO Style / Style Topline
- RECARO Trend & Trend Topline
- Cobra Lemans
- Summit / Procar Scat Rally Series 1000

Thanks guys, any help is appreciated

YouTube & Chevelle pics - Instagram @nick.v70 & @ChevelleFactory
Old 03-15-2010, 11:55 AM

Hey Nick IMO you are on the right track. I like the Corbeau seats you suggested and the price is pretty good. I have not sat in them but the shape looks like something i would go for.

I also like the Recaro seat Fesler used in the black Chevelle. I believe they are the Ergonomics Series. The are quite a bit more than the Corbeaus but i have seen people use them and say the are awsome.

My 3rd suggestion is the stock seats from an 05-06 GTO. I've seen people use them as well and i think its an awsome seat. The price is right
(500-700 for Front and Back seats) But some people say it takes a lil massaging to get them in. The rear dimensions are perfect for a 70 chevelle. The rear is a "bucket" style rear but you can have that re-worked if you are going to have them recovered anyway.

You have some good Options here. Keep us posted on what you go with.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:21 PM

Yea, thanks I forgot about the GTO seats people talk about. I just looked them up online and found this over on PT.com, this was in a Camaro but the pic was nice to see.

Showed the wify and she likes it. Checking local to see what I can find.

I love the black 70' Fesler car but the seats are the only thing my wife and I did not like. Alittle tall and skinny looking we felt. It's hard to say with out doing a test fit and sit in them to say for sure. We have a Honda Accord and I even thought about pulling those out and doing a test fit, they might even look good recovered to match.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:22 PM

Holy crap that pic was big...sorry..

Old 03-15-2010, 02:17 PM

If you guys need Recaros I have a great deal for Lat guys, just PM me. We use the Expert M in most cars because they are the best for the money.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:33 PM

I have gto seats and they are really comfortable and pretty supportive as well. They were too tall for my camaro (because of the cage) but they fit perfectly in my brothers nova.
I also like the seats from a cobalt ss. It says SS in them, made by recaro, and they are also non-power so they shouldn't be as tall as the GTO's.http://images.motortrend.com/roadtes...ront_Seats.jpg
Old 03-15-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fesler View Post
If you guys need Recaros I have a great deal for Lat guys, just PM me. We use the Expert M in most cars because they are the best for the money.
Thanks Chris. I do like the Recaros but I think they are alittle taller than I am looking for unless you can tell me other wise but from the specs on their site they are over 32" tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdcamaro View Post
I have gto seats and they are really comfortable and pretty supportive as well. They were too tall for my camaro (because of the cage) but they fit perfectly in my brothers nova.
I also like the seats from a cobalt ss. It says SS in them, made by recaro, and they are also non-power so they shouldn't be as tall as the GTO's.http://images.motortrend.com/roadtes...ront_Seats.jpg
Yea those look great for a take out and have a SS on them.

Old 03-15-2010, 03:34 PM

Anyone tell me what the height and how wide the GTO seats are?

Right now I took the specs from the SS buckets I have here and the Corbeau Sports are damn near the same within a 1" so I am leaning on those right now but also want to look at the spec's of the GTO seat.

Old 03-15-2010, 04:01 PM

Width of tracks in front 18"
width of tracks in back 20"

Widest point of base cushion 23"

Height of the cushion in front 10"
Height of the cushion in back 8"

Overall height when headrest is all the way DOWN, appx. 39" depending on recline setting

Overall depth of tracks 20"

These are no doubt the most comfortable seats i've ever sat in. I got mine from Cleveland Pick-A-part for 800. Fronts and Backs, 250 a piece for fronts

And thanks for giving me something to do instead of homework
Old 03-15-2010, 05:21 PM

GTO seat's fit real nice in chevelle's. I used the stock counsel from the chevelle. The rear seat was more work, i cut the rear seat down 6" so it did not block my view in the rear mirror.