Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Track and Driving Events
User Name
Password

Old 04-08-2015, 02:16 PM

Greg, 2x the thx for the R3 suggestion.

Greg, Duston and Chris...we need to get an event scheduled for us to go run. Greg, did you make any headway with ER for a Camaro Club event? We could also get a speed stop and autocross going simultaneously ay LSP or Mineral Wells if we want. Think of it as a mini USCA platform.

1973 Trans Am "KLRBRD"
1969 Camaro SOLD
2014 Stingray Z51 SOLD

Old 04-08-2015, 09:56 PM

Another thanx for the R3 recommendation. I will need it. TOW was filthy when I washed her yesterday, and today I took her to Eric's to make sure everything looked ok underneath. No real problems although lots of rock chip damage. But I had rubber everywhere! That track was seriously abrasive. My tires look pretty worn, and I think I'm going to be digging rubber out of places for a while.

I stripped down the front spoiler to prep for recoating since I destroyed the plasticoat. I'll pick up some of the R3 to get the rest off the paint on the sides. And I'm still ready to do it all over again.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:05 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gscherer78ta View Post
+1!

I had a very busy March and now nothing for April and I'll be searching high and low for events in May and June. I cleaned the TA up this weekend and it sat, what a shame.

We could organize our own day out in Mineral Wells for not a lot of money, get 5-10 cars together and I think we could do it. AutoX in the morning and time trial in the afternoon... Just an idea.
Sic avatar pic btw. In the words of the wise, "Vegas baby"....I'm withdrawin, from nor-cal
Old 04-09-2015, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chichirone View Post

Greg, Duston and Chris...we need to get an event scheduled for us to go run. Greg, did you make any headway with ER for a Camaro Club event? We could also get a speed stop and autocross going simultaneously ay LSP or Mineral Wells if we want. Think of it as a mini USCA platform.

Waiting for LSP to confirm 9/26. Autocross and speed stop.

I think we should get about 10 of us and go out to Mineral Wells and have another day event! Do autocross in the morning and set up a larger time trial kind of course in the afternoon.

Hey Dustin- PM me please- I want to know what suspension stuff you're running.

'78 Trans Am - Y88-R LS3/T56,
Holley EFI, UMI Performance
Old 04-09-2015, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chichirone View Post

Im campaigning hard with the wife to get out to MW for the Pro-Solo event. 2 days of Drag style, head-to-head, mirrored autocross racing. I didnt see anyone running CAM class and besides Dusold, there was no other Classic Muscle out there. Should be fun. We could do Northstar Dragway the Friday night before to get used to launching from a tree and then cruise out to MW Saturday Morning as a group. I'll likely be camping at MW State park with the family to make it even more fun.

Its not a Vega!!!!

Total Cost Involved - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - Fatman - MaverickMan Carbon
Old 04-09-2015, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberGT View Post
Im campaigning hard with the wife to get out to MW for the Pro-Solo event. 2 days of Drag style, head-to-head, mirrored autocross racing. I didnt see anyone running CAM class and besides Dusold, there was no other Classic Muscle out there. Should be fun. We could do Northstar Dragway the Friday night before to get used to launching from a tree and then cruise out to MW Saturday Morning as a group. I'll likely be camping at MW State park with the family to make it even more fun.
When is this event? I'm interested in this event! Sounds like a blast. Chris, my son and I have camped out there several times before/after/during the autocross events and it is a blast! He loves it, race during the day and camp at night doesn't get much better for a boy!

Old 04-09-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
When is this event? I'm interested in this event! Sounds like a blast. Chris, my son and I have camped out there several times before/after/during the autocross events and it is a blast! He loves it, race during the day and camp at night doesn't get much better for a boy!
June 5-7

http://www.scca.com/solo/content.cfm?cid=44512&tag=62

Its not a Vega!!!!

Total Cost Involved - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - Fatman - MaverickMan Carbon
Old 04-09-2015, 01:08 PM

Thanks Chris. ER is also running a mirror cross on May 31st. Sounds like a similar deal...

I made it to Hawk Performance's facebook Page!

https://www.facebook.com/HawkPerform...type=1&theater

Old 04-09-2015, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Thanks Chris. ER is also running a mirror cross on May 31st. Sounds like a similar deal...

I made it to Hawk Performance's facebook Page!

https://www.facebook.com/HawkPerform...type=1&theater
I didnt know ER was doing that. I may have to go out to that one as well as a warm up. I see Mike D registered. Technically I should be in CAM-S but I wonder if Mike would cry foul if I registered to run against him in CAM-T.

Its not a Vega!!!!