Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Track and Driving Events
User Name
Password

Old 01-22-2007, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Howell
Back at ya guys. It is always great to meet more people from the boards and see old friends, even the Jackasses....lol
Bruce, great to finally see you on Sunday after hitting and missing all week. What a cool shop huh???

I got many pictures I will post as soon as I get home. Still in Chicago right now, another delayed flight......
Bill...I took some pics in the "Industrial complex" this year, too! You do the posting of yours from this year...there have been some changes from last January (besides the weather..LOL) Like I said...it was great to talk with you...though it was very brief...

Check out my post from the Y-Net last year...

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/show...age/108#185680

BTW, travel safe!
Old 01-22-2007, 10:52 PM

Quote:
The main reason for the media not getting onstage is the fact that there are just too many people onstage already. Two years ago a bidder and his guest could go on stage, now just the bidder and the stage is still insanely crowded. Too damn many people wanting to be on TV. You can see them really easy too, they are the fools talking on the cell phone and looking at the camera, not the car up for sale.
You said it, the problem is when you are trying to cover the cars going over the block its hard to do when you are far away. Everytime I was around the block most of the people where up there to be on TV just like you said and I complained about it a few times but they told me not my problem.

Now I think that I had a hard time getting up there because of Speed they tried to get me kicked out last year because I was doing my job and I stay out of there way but the Camera over head kept getting me and they were mad. But I have a job to do as well and that is to get the coverage to the magazines so people can see what happens at the show. Its just as important as what they are doing and its free coverage. But Speed pays for it so they get what they want.

Lets do our own show so we can split the $28+mill they made this year
Old 01-23-2007, 09:23 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
The main reason for the media not getting onstage is the fact that there are just too many people onstage already. Two years ago a bidder and his guest could go on stage, now just the bidder and the stage is still insanely crowded. Too damn many people wanting to be on TV. You can see them really easy too, they are the fools talking on the cell phone and looking at the camera, not the car up for sale.
I noticed the guy with the Tennessee hat always has his son up there with him. I guess the high rollers get special treatment.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkM66
I noticed the guy with the Tennessee hat always has his son up there with him. I guess the high rollers get special treatment.
What would you expect if you dropped several million every year?
Scott
G Force Design Concepts #004
Pro Touring 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback
FRPP 347c.i./450hp
SSBC 4WDB,Budnik M5's
G Force T5 etc..
FOR SALE
Old 01-24-2007, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazspeed
Oh man, that car was worth so much more. I could have bought that thing if I would have stayed.
Is it me,or did I get violated.The guy that bought the car,offered me 10,000 more then he ended up paying for it the day before it left for Scottsdale.They told me it would go off at 12:25 they rushed it on at 11:20 bypassing the photo tent and rushing it over the block.After the block,I saw at least 2 people coming in the tent that said they were bidding on the car.Don't even get me started on Bob Johnsons car,it was worth so much more then any Cobra

Last edited by 57hemicuda; 01-24-2007 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:13 PM
Administrator

Wow, violated is an understatement. That really sucks.

My LS7 69 Camaro
Old 01-26-2007, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57hemicuda
Is it me,or did I get violated.The guy that bought the car,offered me 10,000 more then he ended up paying for it the day before it left for Scottsdale.They told me it would go off at 12:25 they rushed it on at 11:20 bypassing the photo tent and rushing it over the block.After the block,I saw at least 2 people coming in the tent that said they were bidding on the car.Don't even get me started on Bob Johnsons car,it was worth so much more then any Cobra
That is a bummer..
I would never have the balls to put a car in a no reserve auction.
Scott
G Force Design Concepts #004
Pro Touring 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback
FRPP 347c.i./450hp
SSBC 4WDB,Budnik M5's
G Force T5 etc..
FOR SALE
Old 01-26-2007, 12:30 PM
Supporting Member

I heard that there are a few guys suing B-J for closing the bids to early. Something about Goldberg buying a couple himi cudas for way less then market value. Owners are stating B-J intentionally closed the bids early so their buddy Goldberg gets the cars at a great deal.

All hearsay at this point, just something I heard.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:30 PM

I spent the week at all the auctions. Lots of what can be best described as "auction cars"! The quality of cars at BJ was down significantly and was reflected in the sale price of many cars.

Clones were out of favor big time and not just Hemi clones. The distaste for clones spread to Chevy's as 1 COPO with no documentation SOLD for $60K at Russo & Steele. This was a nice car with no documentation but was completely correctly date coded and stamped. The seller described the car as "presumably" as COPO since everything on the car was correct. He stated although he could not prove it was a COPO, he also could not prove it was not a COPO. Sounds like Bull**** to me!

Of the 5-6 1970 Chevelle 396/454 convertibles there only 2 were good, correct documented cars with real paperwork. The others were pretty but had bad documentation or pretty restorations with incorrect components. While the cars had slick paint, interiors and trim, there were lots of little problems with these cars that were evident to 70 Chevelle enthusiasts that made you question the quality of the restoration since the cars were not correct. Example would be that ALL the 70 SS convertibles with A/C had 71-72 compressor brackets. Yes, the 71-72 brackets are much cheaper and easier to obtain but why spend that much money on a restoration and skimp on something so obvious. Another issue was incorrct PS pumps and repo brake boosters without the "Delco Moraine" logo. Simple stuff however if the restorer cannot get this simple stuff correct, what about the real meet and pototoes of the restoration. Lot's of restamps on many of all the Chevy's presented for auction.

Price wise, Mustangs were up, Boss 302's doubled in price. Corvettes were flat to slightly lower for good cars, Chevelles were flat. Camaro's were flat to slightly down although there were a lot less Camaro's there this year when compared to 2006. Hemi's were down and clones got killed. Nice finned cars brought rain! Noticed I said NICE!

Overall I do not think that the prices were down significantly although one migh THINK it appeared that way. What WAS DOWN SIGNIFICANTLY was the number of quality cars for sale. With 5 auctions over 2 weeks that have almost 3000 cars for sale, the lack of quality should NOT BE A SUPRISE!!!!

Remember "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts"