Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Goodguys Events
User Name
Password

Old 04-06-2011, 01:56 PM

Default 2011 Del Mar Nationals Autocross Results

Here you go gang. It was a great event and we had a really run time. Major kudos to Dan Weishaar, Doug Renner, Rob McGregor, the One Legged Jihad, and all that attended. It was a good time had by all. Below are all the results.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:40 PM

Cool, thanks for posting those. Golly geez, looking at the results, I did better than I thought considering I only got 3 runs in. My old-school carbureted iron big block with my 300 treadwear tires ain't so bad after all. Best part of my day was when, in the middle of our 2nd run, I heard my wife say, "God, this is so much fun." Having her on board with the whole thing helps big time!

I got to ride with Doug on his 34.4 pass and he absolutely drove the snot out of his car on that run. It was a real blast and it taught me a few things about pushing my car a little harder. I can't wait to see what Doug starts running after he gets his new suspension and new LS motor in place. Great improvement by Matt also. He's really getting good out there now. Of course Steve in Bad Penny and the OLC were laying it down as usual.

I did not know that Kyle Tucker in his '70 Camaro came so close to beating that lightweight Maier Racing Mustang. That's pretty amazing driving right there, by both drivers.

Definitely a great event. Congrats to all the other top finishers!

Last edited by chr2002ca; 04-06-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:42 AM

Man I was so jealous watching all you guys from the fence. My unisteer rack won't allow me to make that last left hand turn on the course or I'd join in. 3 point turns don't look so cool out there. Take a wild guess what part is going up for sale this winter? lol Cars looked/sounded great everyone.

Smithcraft Collision and Restoration
Newcastle , CA
Old 04-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Good Guys

Default first four events for 2011

Hope you all have had a good time at the first four Goodguys events and three of them had the Goodguys AutoCross. We have fifteen events during the season that have the AutoCross and looking forward to adding others for 2012 and adding some Sunday AutoCrosses to the mix.

Next up is Nashville TN that will have the AutoCross running all three days. Yes Sunday from 9 to noon we will be running the AutoCross and the winners will be challenging the track all three days to figure out the winner.

On another note the Truck class has been won at all three events by one guy!!!! it is time to knock him off and get another truck into the mix...Calling all trucks!!!

The Vendor class has seen three different winners with Bret from Ride Tech, Kyle Tucker from Detroit Speed and Mike Maier from Maier racing. So far two Fords and a Chevy.

After Nashville Goodguys will be doing two AutoCrosses on the same weekend, one in Colorado and one in Pleasanton CA. I will be at the one in Pleasanton and Trent will be in Colorado. Hope to see some of you there.

Please make sure you use the $3.00 off spectator ticket price if you go to an event without a car. Special promotion just for members.

See you at an event soon,

Goodguy Ed

Old 04-07-2011, 03:44 PM

Props to Kyle Newman for beating all those Camaro's in his shoe box Chevy
Old 04-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chr2002ca View Post
Cool, thanks for posting those. Golly geez, looking at the results, I did better than I thought considering I only got 3 runs in. My old-school carbureted iron big block with my 300 treadwear tires ain't so bad after all. Best part of my day was when, in the middle of our 2nd run, I heard my wife say, "God, this is so much fun." Having her on board with the whole thing helps big time!

I got to ride with Doug on his 34.4 pass and he absolutely drove the snot out of his car on that run. It was a real blast and it taught me a few things about pushing my car a little harder. I can't wait to see what Doug starts running after he gets his new suspension and new LS motor in place. Great improvement by Matt also. He's really getting good out there now. Of course Steve in Bad Penny and the OLC were laying it down as usual.

I did not know that Kyle Tucker in his '70 Camaro came so close to beating that lightweight Maier Racing Mustang. That's pretty amazing driving right there, by both drivers.

Chris, wait till you slip in the "lighter" motor you have going on---it was awesome seeing you bust into the 34's on your only the 3rd pass--this was a great event between the Newmans, Matt, Henry, Shawn, Scott, Carl, GW, Dave, Stig, Jon, Rupp, Robert, etc, etc---what a blast. Wish we could do one a month---congrats to you my friend--that was awesome. Thanks again for the use of the room!!

Doug
Old 04-07-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chr2002ca View Post

It is funny and sad how no one gives Mike any credit for beating everyone with his 280 hp mustang.

1965 Corvette
1973 Camaro
2003 Z06

Last edited by 73CPCAMARO; 04-07-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73CPCAMARO View Post
It is funny and sad how no one gives Mike any credit for beating everyone with his 280 hp mustang.
That must be the ford math. I doubt that hes over 260, I could be wrong though. Still more than I have....

That guy is insane quick, here is a video my crappy camera shot of one of his runs:
Old 04-07-2011, 10:45 PM

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

If you ask Mike -- he'll tell you 250 HP.... "a mild cammed 302" I think is what he said.

Shows that on the Auto X -- it's about driving skills not HP wars.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:46 PM

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Junky View Post
Props to Kyle Newman for beating all those Camaro's in his shoe box Chevy
X's 10 right there....

On top of that - it's the nicest family a guy could ever want to meet!