Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 04-20-2018, 08:42 AM

Im a Test Technologist at Polaris Industries in the Powertrain division. I run engine dyno for our 4 stroke engines for calibration and development. Its really interesting watching how different engines respond to tuning and hardware changes along with real time in cylinder pressures and just about anything else you could monitor.

Iv only been out of college for 2 years and built my car while I was in high school and part of college. The plan is to buy a house this year and scheduled to get married in 2020. Not sure how much attention my Nova going to get but my fiance loves the Nova so at least I know its not going anywhere haha. To keep prices down I do all my own work including paint/body, its takes more time but I love learning new and useful skills.

Last edited by tx71nova; 04-20-2018 at 08:44 AM.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:04 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
Ever been to the coast and seen huge dredgers replenishing the beach? That's what I do for a large Belgium Dredging company, I'm currently building the worlds largest container terminal in Singapore.

It's far from glamorous, I'm a 2nd officer on a 11136 ton ship, I do 12hrs a day, 7 days a week, 6 weeks straight... however I then get 6 weeks off without as much as an email from the company which serves great towards my project!

I'm in a niche field being an Australian, working on a British passport, for a Belgian company, in Singapore, living in the US.
Lots of cool jobs listed, but this is pretty darn fascinating...
Old 04-20-2018, 01:03 PM

In a fabricator , 39 single ... only had one adult vacation and until quite recently always drove cheap or cheaper cars that I paid cash for . Now I have a 2017 Z71 Silverado the 656 a month I pay has made quite the dent in my car funds but I still find a way . Now if I can cut the beer budget and the stupid crap budget I might have more money towards the chevelle ...
Old 04-26-2018, 02:45 PM

During my early career, I was an aerodynamics engineer for Dodge/Dodge Motorsports/SRT. Then I was an aerodynamics engineer for Freightliner before moving on to consulting/client management for a CFD software company. Now I'm a toy engineer at Hasbro.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:22 PM

I'm a software developer/architect, but I've never been immersed in my career and so even though I was born and raised in Seattle I never grabbed the brass ring. I make a comfortable middle class salary but have never received any kind of windfall or big payday. I built my car by being obsessed with it and frugalzing everything else in life for years, and doing ALL my own work (except bodywork and engine/drivetrain internals).

And the truth is, I can't afford it. I never went into debt but the amount of money spent is staggering. One reason after 20 years I have burnt out and am gonig to sell my car and forget about fancy cars all together. Yes my own fault for having overly lofty goals.

I flew too close to the sun, and melted my wings.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:39 PM

I'm a union plumbing general foreman for one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. I get huge amounts of overtime that pays for my toys