Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Muscle Car of the Week Show by V8TV
User Name
Password

Old 04-10-2015, 10:06 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Default 1970 Pontiac GTO Judge Ram Air IV 4-Speed Convertible Video

http://www.musclecaroftheweek.com - This week, we check out a full-house 1970 Pontiac GTO Judge Convertible that sports the 370 HP Ram Air IV 400 V8 and a 4-speed Muncie transmission. It's a fantastic example of a car that was ordered with all the "goodies", and it is believed to be one of 6 ever made. The Brothers Collection is home to some spectacular Pontiacs, this one is near the top of the list!
Muscle Car Of The Week
V8 Radio Podcast

All about us:
https://www.v8speedshop.com

Old 04-10-2015, 12:52 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 2,204 Times in 1,342 Posts

Glad you guys are still posting these Kevin.

Very cool Goat.

Skip
Old 04-10-2015, 07:49 PM

Kevin, I second what Skip said. Thanks for posting these, and this GTO might be my favorite one yet. Absolutely beautiful car.
70 velle' on custom chassis w/custom RideTech coilovers, RED sleeved 434” with Mamo 265’s, F-body Magnum, 12 bolt 3:73, wilwood 6/4's, bla, bla, bla...build. thread https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39631
New 434” engine build here https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ved-block.html

Thanks Dad!!

My Chevelle is old school... It has a belt driven power steering pump.
They're 17's, but I keep em clean!
Old 04-14-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo mentis View Post
Glad you guys are still posting these Kevin.

Very cool Goat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Che70velle View Post
Kevin, I second what Skip said. Thanks for posting these, and this GTO might be my favorite one yet. Absolutely beautiful car.
Thanks guys, we really enjoy the opportunity to produce these videos and are glad you like 'em!
Muscle Car Of The Week
V8 Radio Podcast

All about us:

Old 04-21-2015, 04:25 PM

Man, this Goat has the nicest door/hood/endura/trunk/rear bumper margins I have ever seen. I have a 70 GTO convertible too, and I take it our every now and again and try to get the 22 different parts that have to line up on the front end "sheet metal" (including the endura) and I'm telling you, this one is the nicest I've ever seen.

I had three Uncles building these at the now defunct Lakewood GM plant, and I remember being 9 years old and being there on "Orbit Orange" day. Funny thing was, GM built School bus chassis to include the cab section, and everything was the same color that day. Must have been easy on the paint guys.

By the way, I asked my Uncle Gordon, who was in charge of lining up the enduras with the fenders and the hood what type of measuring device they used to get every thing square. He told me "We used a business card. When we could slide a business card up the fenders and across the hood with a little resistance, then it was ready."

This GTO here is the only rebuilt one I've seen that meets that standard.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummgawa View Post
Man, this Goat has the nicest door/hood/endura/trunk/rear bumper margins I have ever seen. I have a 70 GTO convertible too, and I take it our every now and again and try to get the 22 different parts that have to line up on the front end "sheet metal" (including the endura) and I'm telling you, this one is the nicest I've ever seen.

I had three Uncles building these at the now defunct Lakewood GM plant, and I remember being 9 years old and being there on "Orbit Orange" day. Funny thing was, GM built School bus chassis to include the cab section, and everything was the same color that day. Must have been easy on the paint guys.

By the way, I asked my Uncle Gordon, who was in charge of lining up the enduras with the fenders and the hood what type of measuring device they used to get every thing square. He told me "We used a business card. When we could slide a business card up the fenders and across the hood with a little resistance, then it was ready."

This GTO here is the only rebuilt one I've seen that meets that standard.
What a cool post! Thanks for sharing the stories and kind words! You're right, the endura nose is a challenge, especially now that they are nearly 1/2 a century old. This GTO is insane, it was a treat to be able to stand near it during shooting.
Muscle Car Of The Week
V8 Radio Podcast

All about us: