Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 03-19-2020, 10:26 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

It looks like that spot was made for that ECM.

kwhizz (03-20-2020)
Old 03-22-2020, 07:22 AM

Moving along...…. Had to make a Firewall spacer for the Hydra-Boost to get the linkage to work out with the brake pedal...…. Got the steering column mounted to the firewall also...…. waiting for some other parts to show up to finish the shift linkage...…. Decided to put the Radiator back in and see what problems were going to come up there...… Bolted it in and everything worked out, enough room for everything to fit...…… Just have to run dual fans to clear the water pump (ordered)…… Time to start on the rewire....
The Following User Says Thank You to kwhizz For This Useful Post:
camcojb (03-22-2020)
Old 03-23-2020, 07:11 PM

Got the Lokar cable shifter and the Dakota Digital GSS-3000 installed today …… Just about ready to neaten up the trans tunnel opening and get the new tunnel installed.... Time to start researching out what A/C system we are going to install and then wiring...….. Moving along.....
Old 03-23-2020, 09:26 PM

That's funny you post that GSS3000 mine got delivered Friday along with their PAC-2800BT Electronic Fan Controller . I hope this fan controller works. Your moving along nice!

Last edited by waynieZ; 03-23-2020 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:23 PM

Went over to Frameup and Donnie gave me some mock-up A/C units to see what would fit...….. Ended up figuring it out and got everything ordered...… Got a condenser for the radiator that they had in stock …….and got it and the electric fans mounted...….. Got all the fittings and lines for the Transmission cooling system...… also started plumbing the A/C lines...….. Waiting on more parts to come in to continue...….
Old 03-27-2020, 02:43 PM

Well..... The car had a small block Chevy installed in it some time in it's past....When the frame mounts were welded in at that time it, ended up that the engine was off-center about 3/8" towards the drivers side......… Fast forward...… After installing the #605 box and grinding some clearance on it to clear the exhaust manifolds (seemed like a good idea and a simple fix at the time)…… Anyhow...… After moving on from that point, I noticed some fluid on the floor below the steering box but I wasn't too concerned at the time because after cutting the brake lines in that same area after removing the old braking system I thought it was brake fluid...… Wrong.... Darn..... So, after removing the box and looking closely at it I seen where the leak was coming from.... Ground a little too much off the box..... Double Darn !!!!…… So we get back to basics...… LOL..... I'm making some new mounts (Pic's to follow) to correct that issue which will remove the steering box clearance issue and center the engine...… This car stuff is hard sometimes...… Should have this corrected tomorrow Also.... The Rick's Tank showed up today.... They built it for this conversion as a passenger style tank as we requested and I will have to remove the spare tire well in the wagon to allow for it's installation...… More Fun...… LOL...…Got the old tank out...
Old 03-29-2020, 07:38 AM

Made new mounts and welded them in...… The engine is now about 3/16 towards the passenger side, so I picked up a good 1/2" of clearance on the drivers side..... The new steering box (ordered) will have plenty of room without any clearance issues…. I also leveled the engine as it was down about 1/4" on the drivers side...… Now I can sleep at night.... LOL...… Still waiting for parts to complete the final needs of the engine compartment...…… Time to get rid of the spare tire well and get the new Gas Tank installed

Old 03-29-2020, 03:00 PM

Continuing with the process..... Not gonna miss some of this old sheet metal
Old 03-30-2020, 01:40 PM

Started the day with a big hole in the floor where the spare tire well was....Got the rear mounts for the Rick's tank installed..... and got the tank installed..... And I have to make some new side mounts for the tank to get that part of the build finished up...….
Old 03-30-2020, 04:14 PM

When we are finished we will fabricate a storage compartment above the gas tank...….. Also the power steering pump came in today so I got that all finished up along with the belt installation...…. I also got the front tank mounts fabricated..... Tomorrows project is to get them installed...…