Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > EFI and Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Old 07-06-2015, 11:38 PM

The reservoir is a Ford Lightning part.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:32 AM

My question is what gas are you running?

If 93 how are you running 12 pounds safely and making good power? My understanding is you'd need to retard the timing significantly at that boost, really hurting power output? The stock LS3 compression of 10.7 (or is it 10.9) is pretty high for 12 pounds on anything but E85 or meth injection as far as I can understand.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLJ676 View Post
My question is what gas are you running?

If 93 how are you running 12 pounds safely and making good power? My understanding is you'd need to retard the timing significantly at that boost, really hurting power output? The stock LS3 compression of 10.7 (or is it 10.9) is pretty high for 12 pounds on anything but E85 or meth injection as far as I can understand.
Crank pulley is pinned, and I run 93 when I can get it. You would have to ask my tuner Ed Hutchings at Hi Tech tuning, but he said the tune was very conservative and could take a lot more. I do plan on adding an Alky Control meth kit with dual nozzles. I'll use it mostly for the piece of mind for the octane boost, but will have Ed retune it. The guys at ECS make a lot more power with stock LS3's, but they always run meth for protection. To answer your question, Ed is one of the tuners for HP Tuners and if he says it's safe, it's safe.

'69 'Vert Camaro: DSE Sub-Frame, DSE Mini-Tub, DSE Four-Link w/9inch. LME LS7 427, T56. Tuned by Ed Hutchings, :SOLD!
Old 07-07-2015, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG View Post
Crank pulley is pinned, and I run 93 when I can get it. You would have to ask my tuner Ed Hutchings at Hi Tech tuning, but he said the tune was very conservative and could take a lot more. I do plan on adding an Alky Control meth kit with dual nozzles. I'll use it mostly for the piece of mind for the octane boost, but will have Ed retune it. The guys at ECS make a lot more power with stock LS3's, but they always run meth for protection. To answer your question, Ed is one of the tuners for HP Tuners and if he says it's safe, it's safe.
Thanks for the reply I may supercharge and have been debating doing this now just in case
Old 07-07-2015, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG View Post
Interesting, if you look at the "equivalent boost" charts (which differ based on formulas) I think that 12 lbs on 10.9 static compression is gonna be really high, like race gas necessity high. Would love to understand his method of making it safe for you.

I'm adding an LSA supercharger to an L92 w/ 10.5 compression so this is very pertinent to my interests haha. Either way really cool build!