Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Engine
User Name
Password

Old 02-01-2017, 11:50 AM

Default Bracketry for 94-95 Ford 5.0

Hi all, I'm swapping an Explorer (2000) 5.0 into my '66 Mustang. The stock brackets for alternator, idler pulley and so-on are huge and hideous. This particular timing cover is identical to 94-94 Mustang 5.0.

I'm deleting Power steering & AC.

So, question is, does anyone know of smaller, aftermarket brackets that fit this year Mustang? Most everything I find goes up to '93 and will not work with '94-95. So far the best I've found is the stock Mustang bracket (94-95) which are smaller than the Explorer, but not exactly small or good looking.

I am not super interested in fabbing my own - not something I have adequate tools for at this time.

thanks in advance for any help!
Old 02-02-2017, 12:03 AM

Not sure about the year cut off but look at CVF Racing. I've got it on the wife's Mustang and a buddy is using they're set up on his mopar, good stuff.

https://www.cvfracing.com/Black-Ford...pentine-ps.htm

Old 02-02-2017, 09:17 AM

Thanks - looked into it and found what seems to be the answer every time : "Will not work with 1994-95 Water Pump."

Ugh...
Old 02-02-2017, 06:14 PM

Let me ask you, because I don't know.....why can't you change over to an earlier style WP? Even if you had to change the timing chain cover it may be the way to go without any fab. Now with that being said...if you're only running an alt and have deleted PS and AC it shouldn't be all that difficult to cut down the brackets for the alt and idler...paint the suckers black and nobody will ever see them.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:35 PM

In case you feel like doing a u-turn, the Explorer stuff actually fits really well, even with the oil cooler setup above the oil filter. I put one (1997 Exploder engine/trans) in a 1963 Ranchero last summer (with injection and 4r70), and I much preferred the aluminum LS-like bracketry to the old-school crap of metal bars and such. Just get a short serpentine belt, and you're good, even without P/S and A/C; no bracket or pulley mods are necessary, as the belt path works perfectly without the accessories.

One of the other options is of course the old Mustang stuff, which you could probably still piece together at a Pick & Pull for cheap, especially if you're not going the EFI route. Doing this, you'll need to play water pump bingo . . .

If you're doing EFI, search the Classic Broncos site (and YouTube) for a dude called EFI Guy. He knows the Exploder setup inside out.

Last edited by rustomatic; 02-02-2017 at 08:37 PM. Reason: blah, blah, blah
Old 02-02-2017, 11:40 PM

This is an 89 block with an 85 timing cover and 89 water pump. I have been thinking about selling these for a while. With a different offset on the bracket this could work with the thinner accessory drive.
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2017, 12:31 PM

What I meant to say.....Wait until Craig and the Rusto chime in, they'll have the answer.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:02 AM

Thanks guys and sorry for the slow reply - took an internet break

I ended up cutting down the PS bracket and it's not so bad. I looked into the later Mustang brackets and they were a little smaller, but still kinda bulky. I'm coming to grips with the new look

Thanks for the tips on the EFI stuff too. I'm in over my head on right now. I'll check out his stuff for sure!

thanks again, fellas!