Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Interior and Electrical
User Name
Password

Old 06-19-2018, 07:53 AM

Default vintage air blower stays on low

i have installed a gen iv in a first gen camaro. i had one issue with the ecu being bad right away, vintage took care of that.Now while i've tried to program it multiple times, the blower motor stays on low with the key in the on and run positions. the controls do not adjust at all, i am using the retrofit slide pots for the controls. i have check the pots with a ohm meter and the resistance does change sliding the controls from one extreme to the other. my unit is wired direct to the battery( both pos & neg), the switched wire is directly to the ign switch and have tried direct to the battery to rule out a bad switch. while programming the blower will change speeds when grounding the gray wire. if i remove the small white wire from the ground the blower motor will blow on high. anyone have any other thoughts?
Old 06-25-2018, 02:20 PM

Just a little update, my ecm had gone out but had not found a reason. My control panel still didn't work even with the dozens of times programming with a new ecm. After repeated emails to vintage air, I was told to check the voltage to the control panel. There was nothing. After further checking come to find out the harness from the ecm to the control panel was wired wrong. The striped wire was on an outside terminal instead of the center one.they are sending me a new harness and will post the results. Hope it didn't wipe out the variable pots.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:52 PM

Just a little update, my ecm had gone out but had not found a reason. My control panel still didn't work even with the dozens of times programming with a new ecm. After repeated emails to vintage air, I was told to check the voltage to the control panel. There was nothing. After further checking come to find out the harness from the ecm to the control panel was wired wrong. The striped wire was on an outside terminal instead of the center one.they are sending me a new harness and will post the results. Hope it didn't wipe out the variable pots.