Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Interior and Electrical
User Name
Password

Old 02-22-2012, 07:05 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Default Best push button start?

Im looking to get rid of my key completely and want only a remote like the C6 vettes.

Whats the best place to get this? I was on gallotechs website and they seemed decent. Any other reviews out there or other companies? The RB one seems a little steep.

65 Fastback "Maddo" @ Meanstreets Performance. Ridetech, crate 306/T5, tubbed, Forgeline
Old 02-22-2012, 09:47 PM

this one seem pretty cool
http://www.mystardrive.com/

1970 1/2 rs z28...pro-touring?...i wish...soon?
Old 02-22-2012, 09:51 PM

The phantom unit is tha same unit with a simpler button that costs lest to make. I have that unit in a customers Firebird and works great. Only thing currently does not have a remote start but has provisions to upgrade the unit when they get it done
Old 02-22-2012, 10:47 PM

We use Advance Key on our cars with great success. The price is right too. Check them out and let me know, we are dealers for them and I know the install well!
www.hpicustoms.com
Old 02-22-2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclerodz View Post
The phantom unit is tha same unit with a simpler button that costs lest to make. I have that unit in a customers Firebird and works great. Only thing currently does not have a remote start but has provisions to upgrade the unit when they get it done
this one? it lists for more $ than the RB one

http://phantom-products.com/products...rt-system.aspx

1970 1/2 rs z28...pro-touring?...i wish...soon?
Old 02-22-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatinjay27 View Post
this one? it lists for more $ than the RB one

http://phantom-products.com/products...rt-system.aspx
They did not used to be that expensive. they raised the price a bunch since the last one I got.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:53 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

The phantom and ring bros one doesn't seem to have a remote(at least it doesn't say it does). I like the remote option so my car unlocks when I get near it. With no remotes those prices are ridiculous for just a start button.

The mystar drive one seems decent but price isn't listed. It just says SOLD OUT

Ahhh the advance key one is 350 with remotes... Now were talking!

65 Fastback "Maddo" @ Meanstreets Performance. Ridetech, crate 306/T5, tubbed, Forgeline

Last edited by John510; 02-22-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:02 PM

There is also a stand alone with button only for $189.00 Just a FYI

1970 Camaro.....on the road someday!
Old 02-27-2012, 03:25 PM

stardrive works really well

1971 Firebird - Speedtech Extreme Subframe/Torque Arm, LS3/4L80E, 19x12/18x10 Budniks
Old 03-02-2012, 09:05 AM
Supporting Vendor

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the delayed response. Phantom-Products is a sister company of Bowler Performance Transmissions. I would like to take a minute to educate everyone about Phantom's Touch-N-Go start system better. We include 2 remotes in every kit. Yes, Touch-N-Go system is a little higher than a couple of the other options, but remember you get what you pay for. The price is $599 without security & $699.00 with security. There was a $50 price increase when we went to the GEN II controller due to the functions that it offers. After a year of success of the GEN I we listened to peoples requests to have other options and features available, which brought us to the GEN II.

Touch-N-Go is designed and manufactured in the US. This adds cost but ensures the best quality. The buttons are CNC machined in house. Here at Bowler Performance Transmissions we are very passionate about cars and about this industry. We seen a lacking in the systems that were currently available. So we teamed up with electronic wizard and car enthusiast, Jarred Zimmerman to design Touch-N-Go, and formed an exciting new company called Phantom-Products. This is a very unique system.

Features:
Keyless Entry - (2 remotes are included for both active and passive RFID)
* So you can have it set to unlock your doors as you approach and lock the doors as you walk away. If you would prefer to lock or unlock the door manually you can do so with the buttons on the face of the remote.

Security - Just as many new cars offer, you vehicle is protected and can not start without the Key Fob inside the car. Our button has a theft deterrent pulsing red light when the vehicle is off.

Exclusive touch sensitive button (No moving parts to wear out)
* If you like the fact of having a true button that presses, no problem. You can use any normally open momentary switch imaginable in place of our touch sensitive button.

Simple installation Utilizes the same wires that your standard keyed ignition does. *No relays required to hook your ignition system.

Simulates all 5 key positions and functionality of a standard keyed ignition.
* Visual confirmation of each position with LED feedback on the button.

Smart technology - Automaticlly starts the car with touch a touch of the button, Touch-N-Go "knows" when the car is running, without any complicated wiring.

Start function can be accessed from any of the simulated key positions.

GEN II - Ability to change the color of the LED to match interior lighting.

GEN II - Remote start function availbility later this summer.

GEN II - 2 Additional grounded inputs for option control of windows, trunk, lights, etc... with the remote buttons.

GEN II - Adjustable brightness control of the LED on the button.

This covers the basics and the main features. There is other options that can be covered if someone needs them. We offer customer support and will help walk you through the install, features or anything else you may need. We are a proud supporter of the Pro-Touring industry and a proud sponsor of the new American Street Car Series of events.

Just like our Transmission products we also offer a discount to members of Lateral-G.net.

I hope this helps and we will see more of the Phantom Touch-N-Go in the Pro-Touring cars currently and the new ones being built. Give us a call if you have a unique request or special need. Remember with the no moving components needed on our button there is endless design options. So if you want to design your own button or have us custom design you one we can offer it at an additional charge. If you want to design and machine your own button we will work with you at no additional charge. In fact we may even give you some cash back for a unique design that we can offer as an optional button. Look for new products to be released this year!

Check it out at http://www.phantom-products.com

Thanks for your time!
Mark Bowler