Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2018, 05:13 PM

Default Jimbo the G-machine/ Cruiser S10 Blazer

Hey all! I wanted to introduce project Jimbo's thread. I'd been daily driving Pumkinator for many years but he's got a new 12.5:1 406 engine transplant, and with lots of other upgrades is leaning more towards an autocross with a little bit of street driving car so I needed another daily driver. I picked up a second 79 Cutlass wagon, the Mad Wagon II for a mild LS build but now that one's gravitating towards a 550+ turbo 5.3 and more serious suspension and so will be stretched out a little longer.

Just recently I worked out a deal with a Speedtech co-worker, who traded a shot gun for this '88 Blazer that has a locked up 2.8 V6, and I traded him my '74 Nova that used to be my street/ strip drag car. He's doing a pro Touring type build so I kept all the suspension and drivetrain and he essentially just got the gutted shell with lots of fiberglass panels. In the end everyone was happy with barter town.

I graduated in '88 so S10s have a special place for me. I always wanted one, but later on when I started a family my heart switched to a dropped s10 Blazer but I never came across a good deal and a Caravan eventually obliterated that idea. My oldest son started messing with S10s about 2 years ago and is currently building a nasty 355 swapped '84 S10 short bed that should fry the corners too. Watching him do his thing ignited my want for a mini truck again and the timing was perfect for the Blazer to come along. We found it on Craigs List in Mesquite, NV, only about 30 minutes or so from our St. George, Utah location. Here are the pics from the ad, it's as clean as it looks, needing only minor attention in a few areas, aside from the junk V6. My son does youtube vlogs and will be covering the build there too. A walk around of the truck in his latest vlog is here.

My SRD Renderings Instagram page

My SRD Renderings Facebook Page

Pumkinator '79 Cutlass Wagon Build