Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Classifieds > Cars for Sale
User Name
Password

Old 02-08-2018, 03:30 PM

Default FEELER PROJECT 1967 Cougar XR7 Dan Gurney full DSE suspension, tko, efi, stroker,

Item Location (City/State): Vallejo/American Canyon Ca.

Price:$30k

Description:

I'm doing this strictly as a feeler. My job had given me the opportunity sometime ago to pursue multiple degrees on their dime which is why I haven't posted many updates in a while. Full time homeowner, Husband, Father and 3/4 time student has all of my time absorbed at the moment.

I recently was given the opportunity to buy a car I've lusted after my entire life from a close family friend before he takes it to market 6-7 months from now. I figured i'd reach out and see if there is any interest. As far as price goes I have to get very close to asking or else I wont be able to obtain this other car. I am in no hurry, and to be frank don't want to get rid of the car unless I can buy this one I have my eye on. There is a chance I may be willing to keep a few items to knock the price down some.

My car can be seen here: https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthre...light=garfield

Quick break down of the car:

1967 Cougar XR7 Dan Gurney:
Car was body worked and painted back in 2005 and painted two tone hugger orange and 2005 viper silver. Both front floor pans were replaced and a small quarter panel patch was also performed. being that the car has sat for 13 years almost it does have a slight nick here and there from being in the garage with everything else. I am in the midst of engine compartment clean up and paint.

Suspension:

DSE Aluma frame - Craddle is installed, no suspension is installed yet. once the engine compartment is painted the plan was to install the suspension. All the remaining parts are still in the DSE boxes. When this was purchased I also ordered a GM Idid-it paintable column, DSE Polished intermediate shaft. I also ordered the DSE SBF motor mount kit. Baseline JRI shocks

DSE quadralink out back. This is a mustang kit that had to be custom ordered in order to get the universal lower links that needed to be made to fit the cougar. There were lots of pieces that had to be re-made or adjusted in order to fit the cougar. I worked with Speedway engineering in order to get a full floater housing setup for my car which is about 2.5" narrower on each side then the factory unit. Baseline JRI shocks.

DSE mini tubs and subframe connectors for mustang adjusted for Cougar.

Front and rear was installed with my help by a friend who has a certification in welding and works at a body shop where he performs straightening of chassis. We used the shop equipment to make sure the install was nice and square.

Brakes:

F- Wilwood w6a 6 piston Spec 37 slotted 14.25" rotor used off of another car. have the complete kit.

R-New in box Wilwood 4 piston hd 48 slotted 13" rotor kit with e-brake to fit the speedway floater.

Motor:

333 CID stroker un-assembeled short block from ford strokers.

Scat Crank and Rods with woodys proprietary wiseco piston design.
Arp studded mains.

Tons of ARP fasteners for the motor.

Trickflow 11r 170cc heads prepped by Ed curtis at FTI with 7/16" rocker studs.

Crower 7/16 rocker arms 1.6RR

Custom billet hydraulic roller from FTI i believe its in the area of 224/231 .600 lift and a 111 lobe.

Billet timing set and thrust bearings.

Port matched and ported Victor Jr from FTI, I have almost $1000.00 into the intake alone.

Precision oil pumps blueprinted race pump with HD drive rod

Pioneer foxbody style SFI balancer

Aviaid Roadrace pan for foxbody.

Proform ford racing black valve covers.

Msd mag distributor converted to small cap, rebuilt and locked out for EFI timing control

Holley sniper efi.

All gaskets included, I bought it all ala carte in order to get the best of the best.

Trick flow claims that these heads made over 440hp on a 302 with a similar cam. not sure what this motor will make but should be fun and still somewhat driveable.

Bearing clearances are all measured and the rings need to be file fitted and the motor can be assembled.

March fox body serpentine pulleys with KRC pump, maximum motor sports bracket and a mr go fast alternator bracket kit for a clean serpentine setup with a race p/s pump.

Headers are a prototype that a friend and I worked on with JBA. they are 1-3/4" primary into a 3" collector. they aren't long tubes but longer than mid lengths. These fit the sbf alumaframe combo and had ground clearance and power in mind.

Mini torque starter

Transmission:

TKO 600 with the MDL shaved case option, Carbon blocker rings, second gear detent mod. the tremec shifter has been modified with the steeda shifting stop kit.

Quick time Sfi Bell housing

Mcleod billet flywheel

hydraulic throw out and slave cylinder

MDL conversion cross memeber

MDL driveshaft

other:

Scat bucket seats, stock rear seat, excellent shape XR7 door panels, XR7 dash with autometer gauges, Excellent shape dash pad. Lokar throttle assembly and pedal covers. New american autowire kit with new sequence tail light setup. electronic headlight door conversion.

Be cool radiator setup with dual spal fans good for up to 650hp.

Im currently on lunch and can clean up the add later, fix any spelling punctuation issues. Car current rolls with temporary front legs and have a set of 17" american racing wheels make it roll. front clip is off, but all the missing pieces are wrapped up in shipping blankets and stored at a relatives house.

Besides assembly the car needs a 3rd member, exhaust, clutch and different wheels to complete.

I also have a gallon of the orange color in chroma priemier dupont paint I can throw in

Those interested, feel free to email me at [email protected] for pictures, info, etc.

Last edited by 67XR7; 02-17-2018 at 08:26 AM.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:58 PM

I might know a guy.

Would yo u happen to have any recent pics?
Old 02-10-2018, 02:49 PM

I do have recent pictures. I'm having some issues with third party hosting on photo bucket. If you have someone who is interested, its best they just contact me via e-mail and I can share lots of photos.

Thanks,
Old 02-10-2018, 02:50 PM

PM's and emails replied to.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67XR7 View Post
I do have recent pictures. I'm having some issues with third party hosting on photo bucket. If you have someone who is interested, its best they just contact me via e-mail and I can share lots of photos.

Thanks,
If you're posting from a mobile device I recommend tapatalk. Easiest way to post pictures I've found.