User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 10:17 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparCar View Post
Yep,
I got the call (I'm Wes in the above thread post from Driverz) from Driverz this afternoon regarding my order shipping tomorrow. Yeah!

I'm excited to get them. I'll post some pics once I receive them.

Thanks Driverz (Jon). Sorry you guys got stuck in this. Maybe Fikse should get another CNC before their next big sale!

Wes
So how long has it been since you placed your order? The reason I ask is because I'm a few weeks away from placing two orders for Fikse wheels and I don't want to wait 12 plus weeks.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:20 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Lotta chatter on 'tech about this too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikse Wheels View Post
I apologize to all for the delays any and all of you have experienced with your wheel orders. As I've tried to explain to everyone, we experienced a delay from our materials supplier which held up all of the orders we have in process. Furthermore, we're in the middle of trying to move our manufacturing facility to a new location, which hasn't helped our build times either. In any case, we're doing all we can to get all orders completed as quickly as possible without making any compromises to the quality of the final product.

When it comes to custom manufactured wheels, our lead times are truly only estimates, not guarantees. If we're given an absolute deadline by which a set of wheels are needed, we will either accept or deny that order based on our ability to complete it in the amount of time given. When we accept such a deadline, we never miss it. All other orders are completed as quickly as our available resources allow. Given that every one of our wheels is custom built to order, and we don't have full control over all variables that go into making the wheels (our materials suppliers, for example) we sometimes run into issues that cause delays. Combine that with the amount of orders that came in during our sale (roughly double the volume we normally see), and we've got a lot of work on our hands, especially since we're a smaller company.

Another way to think of it is like having a home built or remodeled. The contractor performs the work of building or remodeling the home, but they don't make the wood, appliances, or many of the other items that go into such a process and, hence, can't always fully control exactly how long it takes. If their lumber supplier brings them a full load of the wrong type of wood, they then have to reorder and wait for the new, correct load to arrive before they can do anything. Just an analogy that I thought might make our situation a little more understandable for some...

That being said, our customers are our number one priority, and we're working very hard to get your wheels built and sent to you. It's not something that's being overlooked or brushed off in any way - In lieu, it's a major stress and concern that we're running behind, and we're doing everything we possibly can to satisfy each and every one of your orders.

Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated, and we thank you for your continued support of our small but rapidly growing company.

Sincerely and Respectfully,

Danny Goll
http://ls1tech.com/forums/15544191-post119.html

Old 10-31-2011, 10:31 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

I don't know all the facts of this case.

With that said, every business needs to communicate to its customers exactly what is going on with its customers on order status or delays, etc.

If you want to stay in business there is just no other option. Especially in the information age we are in. Heck I had a computer built and the company (digital storm) e mailed me of every step from start to finish.

I want to see everybody prosper, there is no option guys.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:36 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Didn't Fikse go out of business last year and recently return? Just curious. If so, is the return under new ownership/management?

Old 11-01-2011, 01:00 AM

As usual, the truth would go a country mile. They put on a huge sale and didn't have the materials or man power to meet the promised deadline. I'll compare this to running for president. If you tell it like it is, you won't get elected. Same holds true here, if quoted 12-16 weeks, many would not have laid the change on the table. This is nothing new in the custom car or parts business.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:20 AM

I went through the same thing with Driverz inc/Fikse. waited something like 5 months. That sale wasn't even worth the hassle. Fikse having a huge back log of orders is one thing, but what really frustrated me was Driverz inc telling me lies every time I called about how my wheels are shipping in "a week or two". That was just a standard response to keep me happy and buy time. Driverz inc also billed my card for the full $5,300 @ two months before my wheels ever shipped! THEY BILLED MY CARD FULL PAYMENT AND NEVER EVEN SENT ME AN INVOICE. I found out only because my credit card contacted me to find out if it was legit!
Old 11-01-2011, 04:35 AM

yes , im another one caught up in this bull**** , im close to 4 months now and I paid in full. Im in Australia and it will cost me a lot of coin for shipping as well as more time. If this was known before hand i would not have placed an order . Ive only just now had contact after i posted a few times on here .
and if i get a 'dud ' wheel whats my chances of a fix ? none!

i did do my research on 'fikse' before i ordered and all i found was negative storys on there service from way back..Then i was told they have moved/changed managment and have appointed a 'new' sales guy to get the company back on track. After getting stuffed around by fikse i went to driverz as i didnt want to deal with them direct anymore.
and here i am nearly 4 months later ..
SPEEDTECH FRONT A ARMS & COILOVERS.
MOSER 3.7 REAR- 6 SPEED T56 TREMEC.
FIKSE RIMS ETC ETC..
Old 11-01-2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4MuscleMachines View Post
So how long has it been since you placed your order? The reason I ask is because I'm a few weeks away from placing two orders for Fikse wheels and I don't want to wait 12 plus weeks.
I initially started my order back in June, but I delayed it because of some back spacing issues I was working out (nothing to do with Driverz or Fikse). The order was completed with Driverz in the middle of July. I don't remember the exact date. They are FM5 Profil with race black centers if that matters.

I hope you get yours soon. I also knew they were a slow manufacturer going in. I sort of wonder if the race teams get the wheels first and the "street" customers second? Just a thought....They have a very big race following.

Wes

Last edited by MoparCar; 11-01-2011 at 07:03 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:19 AM

Glad I didn't order Fikse wheels!! I will say I did order a set of NewGens a couple months ago through Jon at Drivers and have been very happy to date with the transaction. Jon has always been there to answer my questions and lend an ear to some of my goofy ideas. At this point I would not hesiate to do business with them again.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:42 AM

Jon..... you know I am a big fan of you and your company. But every negative comment you recieve on this board revolves around Fikse and lead time issues. Why not cut your losses and stop distributing them ?
I know being the middle man is the hardest part of being in the retail business. You and Justin provide invaluable info for many in this hobby.

Last edited by HRBS; 11-01-2011 at 07:45 AM. Reason: misquote
Closed Thread