Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Wheels and Tires
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBS View Post
Jon..... you know I am a big fan of you and your company. But every negative comment you recieve on this board revolves around Fikse and lead time issues. Why not cut your losses and stop distributing them ?
I know being the middle man is the hardest part of being in the retail business. You and Justin provide invaluable info for many in this hobby.
X2^

68 Chevy Pickup Project
Build Thread: https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=7505

THANKS TO: A&M Machine and Fabrication, CCTek (http://www.candctek.com), Hermance Design(www.hermancedesign.com), Paradise Road Rod & Custom, Harry Opfer Welding, Wegner Automotive Research, Clayton Machine Works
Old 11-01-2011, 08:23 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
As usual, the truth would go a country mile. They put on a huge sale and didn't have the materials or man power to meet the promised deadline. I'll compare this to running for president. If you tell it like it is, you won't get elected. Same holds true here, if quoted 12-16 weeks, many would not have laid the change on the table. This is nothing new in the custom car or parts business.
Well said Todd......
Old 11-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,443 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNon18s View Post
I went through the same thing with Driverz inc/Fikse. waited something like 5 months. That sale wasn't even worth the hassle. Fikse having a huge back log of orders is one thing, but what really frustrated me was Driverz inc telling me lies every time I called about how my wheels are shipping in "a week or two". That was just a standard response to keep me happy and buy time. Driverz inc also billed my card for the full $5,300 @ two months before my wheels ever shipped! THEY BILLED MY CARD FULL PAYMENT AND NEVER EVEN SENT ME AN INVOICE. I found out only because my credit card contacted me to find out if it was legit!
I doubt you've ever been a dealer for a product. I have, so I wanted to post this. You blame Jon for saying "two more weeks" and for billing your card two months before the wheels shipped. How do you know that he was not told "two more weeks" from Fikse? How do you know he wasn't told the wheels were done or almost so and had to make full payment to Fikse, so he charged you?

The answer is you don't know that. I have seen this exact scenario countless times. The manufacturer says something is in stock, or will be shipped in two weeks, so you pass that info onto your customer. When it doesn't happen the dealer gets the blame, when he had no real control, he was just repeating what he was told. If you can tell me why any dealer would want to lie about when a product will be received, knowing that it will blow up in his face, I'd love to hear it. I can only think of one reason for a dealer to do that, and that's if he's spent the money you gave him on something else, and has not ordered your parts at all. But that is clearly not the case here, as it's obvious that Fikse had problems getting materials (which they admitted in that post) and has taken the blame for the slow delivery and not keeping promises.

I hate to see Drivers Inc get blame for this situation when they are not at fault.

PAST CAR PROJECTS

Like Lateral-G on Facebook!

Follow Lateral-G on Instagram!

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Jacob Ehlers and Amsoil for the lubricants and degreasers for my 70 Chevelle project
Shannon at Modo Innovations for the cool billet DBW bracket
Roadster Shop for their Chevelle SPEC Chassis
Dakota Digital for their Chevelle HDX Gauge Package
Painless Performance for their wiring harness

Ron Davis Radiators for their radiator and fan assembly.
Baer Brakes for their front and rear brakes

Texas Speed and Performance for their 427 LS Stroker
American Powertrain for their ProFit Magnum T56 kit
Currie Enterprises for their 9" Third Member
Forgeline for their GF3 Wheels
McLeod Racing for their RXT street twin clutch
Ididit for their steering column
Holley for their EFI and engine parts
Lokar and Clayton Machine for their pedals and door and window handles
Morris Classic Concepts for their 3 point belts and side mirrors
Thermotec for their heat sleeve and sound deadening products
Restomod Air for their Tru Mod A/C kit
Mightymouse Solutions for their catch can
Magnaflow for their 3" exhaust system
Aeromotive for their dual Phantom fuel system
Vintage Air for their new Mid Mount LS front drive
Hydratech Braking for their hydroboost system
Borgeson for their stainless steering shaft and u joints
Eddie Motorsports for their hood and trunk hinges and misc parts
TMI Products for their seats, door panels, and dash pad
Rock Valley Antique Auto Parts for their stainless fuel tank
Old 11-01-2011, 10:12 AM

Jody, I totally agree which is why I clarified at the end of my post. Blaming the dealer is pretty short sided in this scenario since he was simply cascading what he had heard from fikse. I have no reason to think anything he said was untrue, but unfortunately that doesnt make wheels magically appear. The missapropriation of my money against someone else's order seems unlikely, but that's the story I've been told. Even after the discovery of the issue it still took months to get them. If the game is to quote short delivery times just to capture order dollars because that's "normal" for custom parts, then companies that follow such practices will fail. The wheel landscape grows more competitive every month. Just ask Jon.

Smithcraft Collision and Restoration
Newcastle , CA
Old 11-01-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
I doubt you've ever been a dealer for a product. I have, so I wanted to post this. You blame Jon for saying "two more weeks" and for billing your card two months before the wheels shipped. How do you know that he was not told "two more weeks" from Fikse? How do you know he wasn't told the wheels were done or almost so and had to make full payment to Fikse, so he charged you?

The answer is you don't know that. I have seen this exact scenario countless times. The manufacturer says something is in stock, or will be shipped in two weeks, so you pass that info onto your customer. When it doesn't happen the dealer gets the blame, when he had no real control, he was just repeating what he was told. If you can tell me why any dealer would want to lie about when a product will be received, knowing that it will blow up in his face, I'd love to hear it. I can only think of one reason for a dealer to do that, and that's if he's spent the money you gave him on something else, and has not ordered your parts at all. But that is clearly not the case here, as it's obvious that Fikse had problems getting materials (which they admitted in that post) and has taken the blame for the slow delivery and not keeping promises.

I hate to see Drivers Inc get blame for this situation when they are not at fault.
Thanks Jody, wish more people understood it from the above point of view. I'm actually so sick and tired of it, I've almost decided to close up shop this year... but instead I started NewGen Wheels in hopes of moving away from dealing with everyone else s shenanigans. We reiterate the same information that is given to us, and when it doesn't get delivered on, we're to blame, and when the customer cancels the order, or even worse, waits for the wheels to arrive on their door step, and then sends them back (which has already happened... twice) who ends up eating the 3500 bucks per set, and shipping? .... you guessed it. Me.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,443 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverzInc View Post
Thanks Jody, wish more people understood it from the above point of view. I'm actually so sick and tired of it, I've almost decided to close up shop this year... but instead I started NewGen Wheels in hopes of moving away from dealing with everyone else s shenanigans. We reiterate the same information that is given to us, and when it doesn't get delivered on, we're to blame, and when the customer cancels the order, or even worse, waits for the wheels to arrive on their door step, and then sends them back (which has already happened... twice) who ends up eating the 3500 bucks per set, and shipping? .... you guessed it. Me.
I get it Jon. Been self-employed for 25 years, several of them when I owned my speed shop back in the early 80's. I dealt with exactly what you do. I also spent 12 years before that in high performance retail and wholesale, handling problems, warranties, shipping issues directly with the big manufacturers. If a person hasn't done this they have no idea what you go through.

PAST CAR PROJECTS

Like Lateral-G on Facebook!

Follow Lateral-G on Instagram!

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Jacob Ehlers and Amsoil for the lubricants and degreasers for my 70 Chevelle project
Shannon at Modo Innovations for the cool billet DBW bracket
Roadster Shop for their Chevelle SPEC Chassis
Dakota Digital for their Chevelle HDX Gauge Package
Painless Performance for their wiring harness

Ron Davis Radiators for their radiator and fan assembly.
Baer Brakes for their front and rear brakes

Texas Speed and Performance for their 427 LS Stroker
American Powertrain for their ProFit Magnum T56 kit
Currie Enterprises for their 9" Third Member
Forgeline for their GF3 Wheels
McLeod Racing for their RXT street twin clutch
Ididit for their steering column
Holley for their EFI and engine parts
Lokar and Clayton Machine for their pedals and door and window handles
Morris Classic Concepts for their 3 point belts and side mirrors
Thermotec for their heat sleeve and sound deadening products
Restomod Air for their Tru Mod A/C kit
Mightymouse Solutions for their catch can
Magnaflow for their 3" exhaust system
Aeromotive for their dual Phantom fuel system
Vintage Air for their new Mid Mount LS front drive
Hydratech Braking for their hydroboost system
Borgeson for their stainless steering shaft and u joints
Eddie Motorsports for their hood and trunk hinges and misc parts
TMI Products for their seats, door panels, and dash pad
Rock Valley Antique Auto Parts for their stainless fuel tank
Old 11-01-2011, 03:28 PM

Hey Jon, this Jon from Houston, the Sandra Duran order is my order. I did get a call from you guys yesterday about my order being shipped to me.. I put my order on 07/06/11 I know it took a while and guess what I am happy with your customer service and understand that maybe Fikse should had posted about running behind.. I am in the residential and commercial Ac and Heating distribution business and I know that contractors can go anywhere to buy products and equipment, but what keeps them doing business with you, is the customer service you provide, that is what makes a successful business and of course great products, lol!!!
Fikse being the manufacture should had stepped in and explained the situation and perhaps given you Driverz Inc an additional discount for the troubles.. Can't wait to recieve my Profile 5S race black wheels. Once again thanks Jon for your great customer service
By the way, any one who wants a discount on AC & heating for your Hot Rod garage, let me know,
Old 11-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverzInc View Post
Jon...You run a quality business and you have a outstanding reputation in the community. I am happy to call you my friend....and I don't even see you that often. Don't worry about those who don't understand or are out just to bash. The number of satisfied customers wins 10 times over. Sadly, you just don't hear from them as much as the others.

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
Old 11-02-2011, 12:22 AM

I paid Driverz inc. $50 extra to NOT MOUNT one of my rear tires so It would be easier to use for mock up. The $50 was for shipping a 5th pacckge (3 mounted n balanced, one rim only, one tire only). ...Guess how they showed up. FOUR tires mounted and balanced! Now my mock up tire has a $1,000 wheel inside of it and weighs 70+ lbs. I didnt even contact them about the fifty because I just wanted to forget about this whole transaction and hope the rest of my build goes much smoother. ..Sorry if I offended Driverz inc. or there buddies. After all, I didn't start this thread.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:31 AM

FWIW, I think my wheels look pretty good now that they are finally here! I always think Fikses look good as long as the sizing is rite. I've also seen some being put through their paces at the track on some all-out race cars.
Closed Thread