Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 06-17-2016, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonar Chief View Post
Congratulations on the new additions!!!! Been getting any sleep lately? lol

Post pics when you can, take care of the family!

Michael
I will tell you this, It was tuff the first 3 or 4 months,, every 3 hours they where up, Finally they sleep all night,, Thanks I will put up some pictures
Old 06-17-2016, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
Best hurry and finish your car before the twins start sucking your bank account dry!

Love what you've done so far.
Oh ya,, I knew I better get it close to being done. Just waiting on interior. I am thinking I will be going back to the basic restoration projects.. lol byby dse, ame, Rushforth,,, hello Rock Auto..
Old 08-13-2018, 12:34 PM

Default Well it's finally done!

Here is a email that I have sent to a few guys on the car project. I have been going out to the garage this past week after babys go to bed and working from 9 til 12 or so,,, Just have the dash to finish up and all the rest of the interior is almost done..
Here are a bunch of pictures of the Camaro. I have been working on this car for 8 years off and on. I will give you a brief rundown. I made the deal on the car after it had been sitting for about 12 years. I bought it and got it running and drove it a few times. Then I decided that I wanted to build a car that I could drive on the highway with all the newer thing that new cars have. I replaced the quarter panels, rear trunk pan, outer door skins. and completely cut out the firewall and welded a solid piece in there to smooth it up. I shaved the drip rail.. little lip on edge of roof. ( new cars don't have that).. I installed late model gm door handles. (smooth look). I tucked the rear bumper into the body and narrowed it aprox 3". I resized the window openings to install windshield molding like new vehicles.
The engine is a 2010 Camaro ls3. It started as 376 ci. It is now 413 ci and has a supercharger added. The front drive pulleys. AC, P.S., is all custom built. I have a stainless steel fuel tank with a Cadillac cts fuel pump. It has to use a little fancy fuel pump controller that controls voltage to pump,, More voltage more = fuel.. It has a 6 speed transmission similar to what the new Camaros have. I also installed a hydraulic clutch setup. Had to have a custom built aluminum driveshaft made to handle the horsepower..
There is a picture of the frame setup. It uses newer 2005 style corvette A arms and a rack and pinion setup. I have 14 inch front brake rotors and 6 piston calipers. Comparable to newer vette. The rear end is a ford 9 inch with 3:89 gear ratio. Should cruise at 80 around 1300 rpm. If you look fuel tank is notched on the corners for the exhaust to clear. I took the car to ft Collins and had 3" stainless exhaust put on. I have a custom built radiator with dual fans and power steering and oil cooler built in.
The wiring,, I have one wiring harness that run the engine, I have another wiring harness with the fuse box that runs the headlights and taillights and all the interior stuff. I installed halo style headlights that have a white outer ring. Similar to newer vehicles. I installed led parklights, They have a white outer ring as well, Looks like Daytime running lamps. I installed led taillights to match all the other led stuff. The gauge panel is a touch screen that is fully programmable to whatever gauges I would like to display, layout and colors of the gauges as well. It's like the touch screen radio in new cars..I still need to figure out stereo. I installed power windows and locks, and of course if you have power locks you need a key fob to run them,, Push the button doors unlock and interior light comes on for 60 seconds.. Headlights flash as well. I also installed a power trunk latch.. I installed a ac and heater unit that is electronic. No cables like old cars..
The interior is ordered,, finally,, It took me about two months to figure out what I wanted to do. It will be black vinyl with sued on the bolsters and red inserts in the middle of the seats, with black grommets up the center. I ordered a center console that will be black and red as well. The door panels will be black with a red insert as well and grommets in them, Red stitching in everything. So the riverton carshow will be July 19, It will take 5 weeks to get interior. That leaves aprox 3 weeks to get it done... Should be interesting.
I know a lot of people like the original stuff, I do myself as well. This car was not a ss or rs or had any special options. I had always wanted to do something custom,, This was the one, I figure I have at least 3 to 4 thousand hours in this car. I will probably never have the time to build one like this again, now the twins are here. I am good with that I would rather spend the hours with them then the car..
Well hope you enjoy the pictures, some of them are for reference for me to know how stuff goes together. I built the whole car, then tore it completely down and painted frame and firewall and then reassembled,
Talk to ya soon,,

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...tZ2-atcWHFiBdI
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to snappytravis For This Useful Post:
waynieZ (08-13-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 01:16 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I love what you did Travis, I always check back on your build. I'm hoping life will give me a little break so I can at least get mine started.
Beautiful pictures.

Old 08-13-2018, 01:21 PM

thanks Wayne, I sure couldn't of done it without the help of this website, hope you get freed up to get back to work on your car soon!
Old 08-13-2018, 01:41 PM

Thanks. Where did that front spoiler come from?

Old 08-13-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynieZ View Post
Thanks. Where did that front spoiler come from?
Its all Anvil auto stuff, I bought a bunch of stuff from another member on here..
Old 08-14-2018, 04:07 AM

Thumbs up

Great looking interior! Is that a TMI console?
Full of DSE and Holley parts
Old 08-14-2018, 08:10 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Beautiful car! Good job!
Old 08-14-2018, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
Great looking interior! Is that a TMI console?
Yes it is. Thanks I picked all the colors.. I am happy with the quality..