Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Wheels and Tires
User Name
Password

Old 11-12-2006, 05:30 PM

Default What is the place to buy new wheels and tires

I am going to buy some new tires and rims this week . I see a few places on the net with good pricing but not sure who I can trust. Can I get some recommendations from you guys for a place with good pricing and service? Thanks Steve

These guys seem to have good pricing anyone ever use them
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...TireSection.do

I have also looked at Newstalgia Wheel but they are more expensive then some others on tires but rims seem priced well.
https://www.newstalgiawheel.com/default.asp

The Tire Rack seems good as well
http://www.tirerack.com/index.jsp
Steve
Old 11-12-2006, 07:34 PM

had great luck and fast service with discount tire direct.... only used tirerack once, and it was about the worst possible mail order deal i ever had.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:37 PM

REALLY????? I bought some tires from tirerack and they got to my house without a hitch!

What kind of rims are you looking to buy?
Old 11-12-2006, 07:41 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Alot of the supporting vendors on here sell wheels,check the links.Tirerack.com has good deals on tires and very good customer service.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by race-rodz
had great luck and fast service with discount tire direct.... only used tirerack once, and it was about the worst possible mail order deal i ever had.

Chris what problem did you have with tirerack?I usually get my order the next day if I order early in the day.I have used them 3 times now.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:47 PM

everyplace has screw-ups, thats understandable, but i feel the only reason tirerack finally did anything about it was to get me to quit calling. i have had "issues" with tires from discount also....but they made an effort to "right" the situation in a very timely mannor...... and i personally will spend a couple dollars more at a company that trys to keep a customer happy when screw-ups happen.

it was a set of 335 P-Zeros about 6 months ago, 1 came from one place and another from someplace else, well i got the 1st tire in a "normal" time frame.... expected the 2nd within a couple days. after a week i started calling, about 2 weeks later i finally got a tracking number for the 2nd tire....which showed up right on time.

like i said....i was probably just lucky enough to get one of the few screw-ups. i have ordered 7-8 sets of tires, and a couple sets of wheels through discount, minor issues (1 tire was off a size, it was a 45 series instead of a 40 like the other 3 they promptly shipped a replacement, even called to make sure i got it and was happy)

Last edited by race-rodz; 11-12-2006 at 07:54 PM.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:29 PM

Thanks for the info even though not perfect at least you are telling me both the companys are on the up and up. I am going to buy two Junk Yard Dog rims made by Coddington and 4 tires. I did not see any supporting venders selling those rims but I may have missed it. If there is one please let me knowand I will contact them.
Steve
Old 11-12-2006, 08:38 PM

Steve,American racing bought the rights to the Coddington line of wheels.We talked to them at SEMA last week and a rep for A/R is coming by this week to get us set up on there dealer program.We may be able to help you out in short order.Thanks Tim
Old 11-12-2006, 09:03 PM

Tim I wanted to get them ordered this up coming week but shoot me a PM on what time frame you think it may happen. I am going to get 2 18X9 with 5" BS on a 5 X 4.75 bolt pattern and 4 tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRRC
Steve,American racing bought the rights to the Coddington line of wheels.We talked to them at SEMA last week and a rep for A/R is coming by this week to get us set up on there dealer program.We may be able to help you out in short order.Thanks Tim
Steve
Old 11-13-2006, 03:22 PM

Discount tire has been great for me. They are even a Fikse dealer. I saved about 25% buying Fikse wheels through Discount Tire.

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible