Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Wheels and Tires
User Name
Password

Old 11-08-2006, 09:51 PM

I think Wheels are too personal of a choice. I would always get a bunch in my mind and pick out what I liked, not what someone else likes. You have any more pics of the car? That's a beauty.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazspeed
I think Wheels are too personal of a choice. I would always get a bunch in my mind and pick out what I liked, not what someone else likes. You have any more pics of the car? That's a beauty.
I agree with this^^^^
but I also know SW owns more than a few cars, so I think the decision isn't as big of a deal than someone with 1 car but I know that doesn't mean he doesn't care.

THe car looks way too original on the outside, I don't think fancy european 3 piece wheels are necessary although they'd look killer either way. I still like the classy look of the grey center TT"s. I woudl try to find something timeless and with a bit more classic touch to them. You already have a viper, Z06 and Ferrari all with modern euro wheels, how much modern do you need it to look?
Old 11-08-2006, 10:28 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetking
Thanks guys, I'm still thinking.. What do you guys think about polished , brushed/cleared or black centers? Blk centers look killer on Anthony's car..
SW
I would like a lighter than black anodized finish like Kinesis wheels. Like a charcoal grey or something along those lines.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:38 PM

SW,

Does anyone make a more modern version of the minilites? I was thinking an 18" minilite/panasport (5 lug, of course) center with the three piece construction and deep dish...I don't know if they exist. Retro, yet still pontiac and new-tech.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Site Sponsor

I love my Forgelines SW.
http://www.forgeline.com/wheels/index.html
Of course my favorite
http://www.forgeline.com/wheels/vr3p.html

And they offer a vase selection of choices as far as polished lips, centers, powercoated centers, sizes, etc.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:20 PM
Lateral-G Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill steez
if it was my car, i would get a set of 18 inch mesh wheels with silver or gold centers... kinda like these:

Those would look bitchin' in 18 or 19" with gold centers, like stylized original T/A wheels, only bigger.
Jonny's Camaro and that nasty black Z06 look SICK AS HELL with the HREs and a hats off to both of you for not doing another 5 spoke. Same goes for you too, Bill!
Old 11-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlife
I agree with this^^^^
but I also know SW owns more than a few cars, so I think the decision isn't as big of a deal than someone with 1 car but I know that doesn't mean he doesn't care.

THe car looks way too original on the outside, I don't think fancy european 3 piece wheels are necessary although they'd look killer either way. I still like the classy look of the grey center TT"s. I woudl try to find something timeless and with a bit more classic touch to them. You already have a viper, Z06 and Ferrari all with modern euro wheels, how much modern do you need it to look?
You are right. On my previous Trans Ams, I always like the look of the WS6 8" honeycomb wheels. Like byebye said, Minilites look cool, but I don't think anyone is making them in a wide 18" wheel. I also agree about going with more of a grey or silver center instead of blk. Finding the "right" wheel for this car is not as easy as a Camaro, damn Pontiacs.. . I am leaning towards a mesh type wheel similar to the old snoflakes. Just for fun, I'm going to ask Kyle if could take a couple of wheels off of Stacey's Camaro and see what the profile 5s look like..

thanks again for all the input,

SW
Old 11-08-2006, 11:49 PM
Supporting Vendor

SW,
I've got a group purchase order going into Kinesis this week.
Their K28 or K29R shown, would look great.
815-546-2123.
Where classic style meets modern technology.

Last edited by jeff s; 01-07-2007 at 10:39 PM.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetking
You are right. On my previous Trans Ams, I always like the look of the WS6 8" honeycomb wheels. Like byebye said, Minilites look cool, but I don't think anyone is making them in a wide 18" wheel. I also agree about going with more of a grey or silver center instead of blk. Finding the "right" wheel for this car is not as easy as a Camaro, damn Pontiacs.. . I am leaning towards a mesh type wheel similar to the old snoflakes. Just for fun, I'm going to ask Kyle if could take a couple of wheels off of Stacey's Camaro and see what the profile 5s look like..

thanks again for all the input,

SW
Old 11-09-2006, 01:06 AM

Hi SW, I'm fitting Minilte style wheels to my '69. Here's a link to a site that makes Minilite style wheels right up to 19" x 12" or 18"x13.5", Hope that helps. Oh yeah, they're in Britain. If you need help with them let me know

http://www.superlite-wheels.com/wheelpage.asp?cat=2

here they are, albeit 15"s on my race car.
Attached Images

Last edited by evilzee28; 11-09-2006 at 07:34 AM.