Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 01-02-2018, 12:17 AM

Default Power Steering Issue...need help!!

Hello all, I've recently completed my LS swap 69 Camaro build after three years and finally got in on the road. I have discovered a minor issue with my power steering. My setup was a corvette style PS pump with a remote reservoir on the core support. Ran braided AN fittings and steel braided lines for the plumbing. The gear box is a Lee 12:7 to 1 that I purchased used from a member on the board. What I'm experiencing is only a growling noise when only turning the wheels to the right....nothing to the left. It makes the noise with the car sitting at idle, revving the engine while stationary and driving. At first I thought it was air trapped in the system. I re bled and nothing changed. I called and have been working with Lee Power Steering. Since then I have swapped out a pump for a Lee PS pump, hoses (see below for link) and a Lee PS custom reservoir. Still no change...

With all of these changes Lee PS and I are baffled. The only component I have not touched is the steering box. Lee said for me to ship the box to them so they can go through it. But before I do I wanted to ask if any of you have experienced this before or have any idea what the hell is going on?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ear-150606erl - this is the current hose I have. It's a steel fabric hose. I'm wondering if I need to go to an all rubber hose as the steel is causing the harmonics??

Thanks in advance.

Dan