Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Artwork and Collectibles
User Name
Password

Old 11-13-2005, 03:39 PM

Default G-machine of a different.......scale?!?

well here we go. As if I don't have enough major projects on my hands...lets throw one more on the fire. I got the Revell re-release of the 1/12th scale first gen Camaro along with my 06 mustang, and I just can't leave well enough alone. This will be done pro touring style.

Paint, will be two tone (as of right now) a base of PPG sunset metallic, with pearl white. I've removed all of the badges so far. I plan on changing all of the marker lights, they will be oval instead of round. All door handles and locks will remain in-tact. The chin spoiler will be done in CF.

Wheels: The plan right now is to create my own 18" wheels. If you have the current issue of hot rod magazine with the crate camaro, I am thinking something along the lines of the budnik hammer series wheels. I might find someone to machine the outer wheel, and then create resin centers.

Engine: It will follow typical white97ex style, some sort of forced induction or nitrous. I would love to do twin turbos but sourcing materials might prove to be the demise of that route. same with a centrifugal blower......possibly a roots low profile? who knows.

Trans: You can see in the pictures that I have a scratchbuilt transmission in the works. Inspiration a-la GTMike400. only I am going with a T-56 6 speed trans.

Interior: I plan to update the interior...if my steam doesn't run out by the time that I reach that stage. I am planning at this point to make some corbeau or some other style of bucket seats...possible even corvette type buckets, as that is what I would put in the car if I were building it 1:1.

If I manage to get my resin casting skills up to par, there might also be some resin casts of things like the seats and the transmission and such.......stay tuned for more!!!!

comments and criticisms please

Old 11-14-2005, 10:37 AM

Got a little more done on the tranny. the main body is copmlete. all that is left now is the tail shaft. and then all of the ribbing and details. I'm seriously considering scratchbuilding an LS1 for this beast......Since this is going to be my dream car in scale......but time will tell. Also did some of the body mods. I opened up the marker lights and they will all be flush with the body. I never liked the "Gills" in front of the rear wheels, so I decided to do it HOT ROD 1 style. I opened them up and made functional scoops. I will be ordering some cobra colors primer tomorrow. So hopefully in then next couple weeks this body will see some paint.....I need to find a paint code first though...that could prove to be a bear....well on to the pics

Old 11-14-2005, 10:51 AM
Administrator

I have a 1:12 69 Camaro from waaay back in the day.

Looks pretty cool, do you ever sell your cars when you're done?

My LS7 69 Camaro
Old 11-14-2005, 11:12 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

That's a cool idea, here are some pics of my 1:24 scale '69 camaro that was part of my inspiration to build my real car.

I was about 15 years old at the time and I think I was pioneering pro-touring with this model. Check out the staggered 18" fronts/20" rears & brakes from an IMSA race car.
Attached Images

Project pics of my '69
Camaro Performers Magazine Feature
The Following User Says Thank You to Rybar For This Useful Post:
asaenz (05-15-2018)
Old 11-14-2005, 09:15 PM

awesome work there. I have toyed with the idea of selling some of my creations. I'll post a link later to a photobucket of my current and finished projects.

When you've got 100's of hours in one, it is hard to let it go. plus, getting your money's worth is hard. some of my pro mod builds I have put overe 100 bucks into.

I started making some sketches of the LS1 for this thing. I am taking measurements from a 1:24/1:25 engine and then changing them to 1:12th scale. If anyone has some good reference shots of bare LS1 motors. So I can get any ribbing and bracing correct. Thanks In Advance
Old 02-26-2006, 11:17 AM

Well I finally got back to work on this project. There is a thread going in the open discussion forum looking for pics of the LSx engines. Here is where I am at with the heads thus far. This is a copy and past of the post in the other thread. ENJOY

alright. I spent some time last night and this morning working on the heads. I realized that I had missed several details that are needed for it to be accurate when I roughed the head out. The intake runner area cannot be flat, for the intake that I plan to use for this. Hopefully I will be able to create a suitable LSx intake manifold for the resin copies. But I plan on running a sheet metal type intake for the twin turbo set up. So I will spend my time today, what little I can manage to find, working on the intake side of the head. The exhaust side is looking pretty good. It needs some clean up though. Let me know what you think

The first picture is the head that I am using for reference.

Old 02-26-2006, 11:30 AM

Default models

i wish i had the patience to do that kind of stuff.. cool
Old 02-27-2006, 10:36 PM

Well, I started re-working the head. There was too much super glue used to fill in the gaps. So, I took what I learned from the first peice and started applying it to the new peice. It will be more accurate from all angles. Also I started drawing the wheels. I picked up the most recent PHR with the 'cuda in it. I really like the wheels that are on in it. So that is what I scaled down to 1:12th scale. I am open to suggestions on wheels though. If you think these will or wont look good, chime in and say so. Oh for the color I am leaning toward sunset orange metallic, however, that is not set in stone yet. On to the pictures.

Old 02-27-2006, 10:36 PM

Old 02-28-2006, 03:52 PM

Alright. A little update for you guys. I showed the picture of the wheel. I sketched it out in versions from 17" to 19" I'm leaning toward a 19"x11" out back and an 18"x8.5" up front. In the sketch, the drawings are completely to scale. Not sure how they came out in the scan. I also scanned in the "disc" that is the wheel right now. You can see how I went about laying out the design. Enjoy. (I'm off to take some pictures for the Artwork page. Its also a great day to paint here in TX.)