Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: What is your most used platform for Car Discussion?
Forums 79 100.00%
Facebook 3 4.41%
Instagram 6 8.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2017, 11:53 AM
Lateral-g Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
You cannot effectively learn or research anything on Facebook etc imho. Fine if you want to shoot the breeze but not much else. I use the forums a lot to learn and/or find solutions.

Don
Agreed. I will add that Facebook and IG seem to be great tools attracting customers. I'd bet that only a small percentage of followers actually use the product and that even fewer will follow a link to a different website.

I gave up Facebook awhile ago and don't miss it at all. I am on IG, but it's limited. When I am looking for a product I do my research on it and then start shopping for the best price. It takes longer, but in the end it costs less and I end up with the right part the first time.

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
Old 10-07-2017, 01:40 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 2,205 Times in 1,343 Posts

I'll be 62 next week and don't like the very alt-left controlled fakebook, but since my wife and daughter do post on there and tag me, I sign in occasionally. My sons were on it but aren't now.

Big on twitter for following sports real-time and some very good follows for vintage racing cars.

But twitter daily messes with conservatives' feeds etc. I would like an alternative to them.

On a bunch of forums, but lat-g is special as we know. Glad it wasn't sold to IB or the like.

I like the fact that a number of members here post on IG. But I dislike the portrait style viewing IG insists on (no fun on my mini iPad), plus it's owned by fb, so not on there much at all.

Skip
Old 10-07-2017, 02:27 PM

I much prefer to interact on forums on my PC or my laptop, using a Chrome browser. I will interact on forums on my Android smartphone but still with a browser, not the apps. I can read posts pretty well but if I have to type anything longer than one or two short sentences, I prefer a keyboard over a phone.

Facebook is pretty smartphone friendly.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:50 PM

Being on a forum is just about as good as being out in the garage.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:49 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Honestly, starting my Instagram was the best decision I ever made in terms of getting my name out there. I have made great friends with guys who do what I do every day and also made friends with guys who I never would have in normal circumstances.

The forum is also a great tool and I think that if you know how to market what you do they all will play a part. I have made great friend on Lat-g and again never would have under normal circumstances.
[email protected]

Instagram: @fabrycatedmetal @project_ruptured_duck

Partners: Miller Welders, Tremec, Ford Performance,
Dakota Digital, VintageAir, Holley, Quicktime, Hays,
Sutton Designs, Black Widow Exhaust,
Pacific Coast Powder Coat, DEI Engineering
VisionX Lighting, Musclerodz, Hot Rods By Boyd,
Cato's Custom Upholstery, Wilwood Disc Brakes,
East Bay Muscle Cars, Ridetech, SendCutSend, Coastal Curved Glass, IWON Inc

Project Ruptured Duck proceeds to benefit:
Homes For Our Troops
The American Aeronautical Foundation
Old 10-17-2017, 03:57 PM

First... I'm old school, and by that I mean I've been hot-rodding since the '60's, have owned everything from a 27 T-Bucket to 4 Vettes, and numerous other performance vehicles. And yeah... I'm old (74+) but I haven't quite grown up yet LOL. Most of my career was spent in the ever-changing toy & game business, so I grew into technology. That said, I think FB and Forums both have their pros and cons.

I treat FB as a family and close friends messaging system, and I also enjoy checking out the political stuff. I think I have maybe 40 friends and 2/3rd are related! The rest are involved with our family or extended family in some special way. So while I belong to a few Camaro and Lightning SVT groups, I do not "friend" _anyone_ on those networks. I use those FB Automotive Groups to post pix, get some quick opinions, keep a finger on the pulse. I've bought & sold automotive parts on FB.

OTH, Forums seem to be the place where you can help, learn, buy, sell, trade, and sometimes even socialize. You can search and read a thread on a specific topic much easier on a forum, get much more detailed feedback on parts, techniques, and a lot more. I especially enjoy threads that are "How-To's" where some member has taken the time to document and explain with pictures, charts, and words, some mod that might seem trivial to some but could provide the "Ohhhhhh Yeah!" to others.

I don't mess with IG at all. Honestly speaking... I think Forums are the place to be for anything technical, and that applies to vendors as well as us common folk.-Mike
Old 10-24-2017, 08:06 AM

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
I've grown to despise Facebook.

Let me ask you this, would you let 300 people stop by your house every morning and take a deuce on your lawn. That's not far from what social media is. Every Tom, Dick and Harry can influence your life. Bottom line, I just don't like the influence. It's a glorified news channel and bitch fest. I know you can block people out and I have, but I don't think it's healthy for your attitude and perspective.

SPOT ON TODD!!!

I cancelled FaceyBook and Instagram accounts completely. Don't miss them one damn bit. No matter what you posted or said -- some jackass posted something negative or argumentative. If you said the sky is blue today -- someone posted that it was but only for 4 hours of the day... and therefore I was a liar and a scum and probably a Trump lover or some other nonsense.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
SPOT ON TODD!!!

I cancelled FaceyBook and Instagram accounts completely. Don't miss them one damn bit.
I miss seeing your posts on FB of your house snowed in..... its such a beautiful place...its a shame not to share it with the world???
Old 10-24-2017, 01:34 PM

I use FB strictly to share photos and stay in touch with family. Most of my personal posts on FB are strictly private, or only my family can view them.

I really enjoy the forums, the posts are more relevant to the topics; and I sometimes go back to old project threads to see the builds. The photobucket thing really killed it for me though.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:28 PM

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameBroiled View Post
I miss seeing your posts on FB of your house snowed in..... its such a beautiful place...its a shame not to share it with the world???

Here ya go!

LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk