Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Track and Driving Events
User Name
Password

Old 06-17-2016, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomswheels View Post
I feel like GB2...
LoL!! You are such a nice guy Tom! Did Rick at least give the appearance of guilt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
Nice results Chad, you are putting it on them. I just hope Dave gets his car running before you wear yours out.
Ha ha ha ha! You and me both Todd!

Lots of autocross & track day videos of my car: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDude023
Old 07-11-2016, 12:22 PM

With three SCCA events and one Hotchkis NMCA autocross I managed to autocross 6 days and every weekend in June!

The final SCCA event in June was down in San Diego where CAMT enjoys a ton of participation. The last three events have had between 15 and 16 drivers! It makes for awesome bench racing at the always tasty BBQ lunch made possible by Richard T. always supplying a grill.

San Diego Region 6/26/16 Event Recap

The 6/26 event saw 15 competitors and the first rematch between Alcino and I since the CAM challenge. It was also the first time Efrain has joined us down in San Diego too. Sadly (for me), Alcino bested me yet again. But Autocrossing nonstop does kill some tires and so I brought a built in excuse of half bald front tires.

Some of the CAMT cars in attendance:

I was lucky to escape the event with just bald tires as Tom blew the engine in his lowbuck 3rd gen Camaro. He was quick to pull it a few days later.

And finally the overall CAMT winner Alcino's stretched Mustang II

Event results:

Lots of autocross & track day videos of my car: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDude023
Old 07-11-2016, 04:02 PM

Default Autocross Double Header

7/10/16 CalClub El Toro & SDR Qualcomm events recap

This past Sunday I ran what I've been calling an Autocross Double Header. I had so much fun at the practice event the Saturday before that when I got home Saturday evening I decided to try and compete in both the CalClub event at El Toro and then drive to San Diego and compete at the SDR event at Qualcomm.

It worked! To make it happen CalClub let me move my work group and SCAT in SDR let me check 45 minutes after they closed and my run group was lined up in grid already.

Stats for the day:
210 - miles driven
8 - auto cross laps driven
7 - miles of autocross driven
2 - cones hit
2nd - place in all of CAM out of 12 at El Toro
1st - place in CAMT out of 13 at Qualcomm

Here is video of my best lap from each event back to back.

Old 08-24-2016, 10:38 PM

Keeping this thread updated is hard work when on average I go to two SoCal SCCA events a month! Not that I'm complaining about the autocross time, mind you.

Since my last update there have been two CalClub autocross events at El Toro.

7/31/16 recap

For overall CAM this is one of the better turnouts we have had at Cal Club and a nice mix of all three classes with 6 CAM-C drivers, 2 CAM-S drivers and 5 CAM-T drivers. The course was fun but was not favorable towards high HP cars as there just weren't any good spots to really put the pedal to the medal. It was a nicely flowing course but really required finesse on the throttle. This was also the weekend before COTA and my last chance to get some practice so I attended both the Saturday practice day and Sunday champ/points day.

It was great to have Ian S. drive his Mustang up from San Diego to run with us at El Toro and supporting the Cal Club CAMT class

CAMT cars in the pits.

CAM taking over grid!

Sadly Chad H. who owns the beautiful 69 Mustang in the above pic snapped a throttle cable early on so he wasn't fully able to enjoy the day.

CAM results for Sunday

I managed to get the win with 1st in CAMT but my heavily heat cycled Falken's were really struggling. I was way behind Greg and Chris in CAMC. Right after this event I swapped to my fresh Falken tires for driving to and completing in Optima at COTA.

I didn't end up uploading video for this event as I was too busy getting ready for COTA as soon as the even ended.

Old 08-24-2016, 10:47 PM

8/21/16 CalClub El Toro recap

And this past weekend I attended another Saturday practice and Sunday champ day with CalClub at El Toro.

We had one of the best CAMT turnouts at CalClub of the year with 6 drivers showing up. It was great to see Arlo try his first SCCA event and course and he picked a great one to attend. This was the last CalClub event before the national solo championships in Lincoln Nebraska in September so the course was a national level course that flowed very very well and was a ton of fun.

Efrain, Kevin and I are becoming regulars at these events which is great and in addition to Arlo we had his friend Joe try it out and Richard bringing up his Mustang from San Diego.

Overall we had 10 CAM cars, 4 CAMC and 6 CAMT, which I believe might be the first time in a while that CAMT outnumbered CAMC in CalClub. I managed a first in CAMT and 2nd overall from all CAM cars. If I can get within about 2.5 seconds of the Brett's 99 Mustang aka Modzilla I'm doing pretty well. Especially since he had just recently upgraded to custom JRI shocks in preparation for Nationals.

Efrain got some payback on Kevin who beat him at the last event to take third place while Richard had a solid lock on second place.

Here is the video of my best run on this super fun course

Old 08-25-2016, 07:12 AM

It is interesting to me Chad that you try to keep within about 2.5 seconds of Brett while I'm doing about the same with Keith Lamming and his 335 shod 2011 Camaro out here.

It's like a battle of the haves...and the have nots! Thanks for the update, love watching (mostly listening) to your videos.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:57 PM

Default Scca Events

Chad,
Love to hear you are still beating up on the car
and doing well.. not sure how you even manage
to keep tires on the car as you are burning them up

thanks for the update

Bob
Old 12-07-2016, 10:58 PM

We had the final Cal Club SCCA autocross of 2016 this past weekend. Cal Club autocross events are quickly becoming some of my favorite driving events to run the car in.

Overall we had 10 cars run CAM. 4 CAMC and 6 CAMT cars.

In the CAMT class we saw Kraig make his first Cal Club event and a tight race between second and fourth place. This was Danny's first event with his fender flares and fat 315 Rival S tires. He closed the gap nicely compared to past events.

The best part of my Sunday was placing do high in the PAX index. PAX is a handicap system that allows you to compare completely different cars to each other. I was the highest finishing v8 powered car and my first ever top 15 finish at Cal Club (out of 151 drivers that day).

I found out about Cal Club at the end of 2014 when I got my V3.0 build of the Camaro completed. Searching around on the 2014 results there was *nobody* running CAM. I did my first Cal Club event in the second half of 2015 and have been trying to spread the word on how fun these events are. I'm excited that for 2016 almost all of the monthly events had solid CAM participation. We also had several folks buy points cards and run for the season championship. Due to the historically low participation all three CAM classes are combined for season points using PAX. I ended up second behind the CAMC national champion. I'm hopeful that 2017 will see more people signing up points cards and running for the season championship in all CAM classes.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:33 PM

First event of 2017 is this weekend (1/15)! Forecast calls for sunny weather with highs in the mid 60's. 13 CAM cars are signed up already.

The following weekend will be the first event in San Diego too.