Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Classifieds > Cars Sold
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 10:50 PM

Default 1966 Imperial Crown survivor / restomod Super Cool Car!

Need to sell so I can be a step closer to building my G-machine 66 Chevelle wagon

Item Location (City/State): Dallas TX

Price: $13,500

Description:

California 99% rust free survivor. With the exception of some very old paint blend work on the front edge of the fenders the paint is all original.
I bought the car and shipped it here to Dallas TX 2 years ago to have something really cool but big enough to hold my family during the 2016 Hot Rod Power Tour. Had 93000 miles at the time. Completed 2800 miles doing the whole long haul then. After I made a bunch of changes and improvement to the car and someone came along and wanted it as I was finishing it. A year later I had a chance to get it back so I could enjoy the fruits of my labor a little. We just got back from taking it on the 2018 Power Tour 6 states and 3000 miles. It got tons of attention tour and even caught the eye of Hot Rod magazine since it one of the cars they have pics of on their website right now. I love this car but it's time to move on and let someone else enjoy it so I can build something else.
Really needs nothing to enjoy as is or excellent candidate to restore to perfection.
Lots of parts replaced in the last 2 years to be sure its road worthy.

-new Detroit Steel wheels 20x9 front 20x11 rear. (I had custom machined to fit the car and converted to 1/2" studs)
-new 275-40-r20 front 315-35r20 rear tires
-3M Crystalline Tint all around (cuts out heat and UV but not the light expensive but awesome stuff)
-new stereo , amp and speakers all custom fitted to the OEM locations (sounds incredible)
-new shocks
-new master cly (converted the car to dual reservoir)
-new heater core
-new heater control valve
-new-trans mount
-new brakes
-new water pump
-new radiator
-new carrier bearing
-new u-joints and rebuilt driveshaft
-new fan clutch
-new true dual exhaust with x pipe and Flowmasters (has a nice muscle car sound but not too loud)
-new fuel sending unit
-new spark plugs

Power windows, power seats and A/C all work in the car.

The body has lots of minor scratches, chips and dings but is in great shape over all and no rust holes anywhere. It's truly a body mans dream.

The interior is the original leather and cloth combo with a little wear and tear but is in great shape for its age.
Factory A/C converted to 134a and blows cool. Between the A/C and tint my young kids never complain about being hot in the back seat.
Although I don't know any true history of the 440 motor and Torqueflite transmission they both seem to be in fine. Motor is super clean inside. As of this listing the car has 100300 miles but will go up slightly as I continue to drive it.

Cruises on the highway at 80 (and faster) with ease.

You will have a hard time finding a car that gives more smiles per gallon than this Imperial will bring anywhere close to this price point.
Attached Images

Richard J.
If only I had the time talent and money to build everything in my head
Old 12-10-2018, 10:09 PM

sold

Richard J.
If only I had the time talent and money to build everything in my head
Closed Thread