Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Track and Driving Events
User Name
Password

Old 11-27-2011, 12:31 PM

Gaetano,

Saw the thread over on PT first. Missed this one until now since this site isn't compatible with my iPhone.

I'm down for this event and will commit with a deposit/prepayment whenever I need to.

For anyone on the fence who hasn't run with NCRC before, these guys are a first rate track day organization. I enjoy running with just about anyone who will let me on the track with my car but NCRC has the most polished/professional vibe of the organizers I've run with before. A perfect setting to get your feet wet with "track days" if you have been wondering.

I've posted this a few times before but here is a lap done with NCRC earlier this year at Buttonwillow #13CW.

C'mon peeps lets rock this thing!

Lots of autocross & track day videos of my car: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDude023
Old 11-27-2011, 12:32 PM

Not sounding to promising. The skill sets are all over the board in PT. It's going to be hard to get 40 cars for a road race only event. The RTTC type events cater to everybody. They also feature easy locations.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
Not sounding to promising. The skill sets are all over the board in PT. It's going to be hard to get 40 cars for a road race only event. The RTTC type events cater to everybody. They also feature easy locations.
I agree, skill level is across the board. The cool thing is that Dave is willing to work with us. Down the road(say a few years)as we gain experiece I can see things changing.

All we could do at this point is play this out by ear.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:51 PM

Maybe we could start with having X amount of spots available for the event.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
Maybe we could start with having X amount of spots available for the event.
I like that idea. I think we have plenty of us that can qualify for the point by group.

My question is, do we want to step up into Chrono series or should we just do point by?

It's not like we need to make any decisions right away. Hell, I had a great time last time we were there and we had guy's signed up in all groups across the board.

Last edited by Track Junky; 11-27-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:30 PM

I assumed the 40 car thing was off the table from the start. RTTC barely got 55 cars the first year with a heck of a lot more promotion and ties to the industry.

I'm happy if we can get a decent turn out and don't think we all need to try and run in the same run group. Just to big of a disparity in skill level. There will no doubt be fellow PT cars in just about any of the run groups and its fun watching the action of the other PT cars in between your own run sessions.

Lots of autocross & track day videos of my car: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDude023
Old 11-27-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad-1stGen View Post
I assumed the 40 car thing was off the table from the start. RTTC barely got 55 cars the first year with a heck of a lot more promotion and ties to the industry.

I'm happy if we can get a decent turn out and don't think we all need to try and run in the same run group. Just to big of a disparity in skill level. There will no doubt be fellow PT cars in just about any of the run groups and its fun watching the action of the other PT cars in between your own run sessions.
I agree. At this point and time the skill level is across the board. Definitely too soon for an exclusive pt group and time slot.

I e-mailed Dave and told him we are going to play this by ear and let the chips fall where they may.

Either way it's a good time.

Nice of Dave to show interest and offer to lend a hand though. I can see things turning around a bit in the next few years.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:06 AM

Agree with pretty much all that's been said on this last page... 40 cars ain't happenin, let alone 20....

And the 2 times I've run with Chad and some a few other PT guys down at Willow Springs, we were often in different run groups and still had a great time.

Based on where we are now, what are we trying to accomplish that is above and beyond (i.e. a better experience) than what happened at Buttonwillow in Sept?
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 12-01-2011, 02:57 AM

So far interested peeps for Buttonwillow are:

Gaetano C
Carl C
Dave G
Jon R
Steven M
Chad
Asif
Matt B
Todd A
Bret
Tom
John S

Feel free to fill in anybody I missed but all in all this is a good start.

Just a reminder, this event tends to fill up quick so be sure to sign up early.
For those of you that have not visited the NCRC site here is the cost break down:

Track Day $99
Non Member Fee $10
Lap Timing $10
Transponder Rental $10

Run Group Format:

Group

Passing Rules

Minimum Experience

Race
Wheel to wheel racing, under "gentleman's rules" - no contact allowedPrevious racing experience, race license with no suspensions, or approval from ARC management
Chrono Time Trials
Full track mandatory passing with no point-by 8+ track days experience (Point-By or Open equivalent).
drivers must drive with colored tag on rear of car to signal other drivers.
Open
Full track mandatory passing with no point-by. 20+ Track days experience in a car, or 15 track days with race or driving school background
Point-By
Full track mandatory passing with point-by. 8-20 Track days experience in a car, on multiple tracks
Solo
Mandatory passing on straights with point-by, optional passing in some turns. 1-7 Previous track days experience in a car
Driving School
School-specificNo track experience

Last edited by Track Junky; 12-01-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:19 AM

Gea,

Just want to make sure that the "John R" and "Matt" are actually Jon R. and Matt B.

I'm really looking forward to getting on track with you guys this time around, might even get to test out my point-by finger...