Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 11-10-2013, 10:23 PM

Alright guys time to bring you up to date!

Got the truck torn down to install the front suspension

So long tired and worn out 352 and 4 speed

old twin I beam

Cutting out the old cross member was probably the longest part of the Crown Vic install

Mock up

Tacked and bolted in

I cut the braces out from when Installed the CV cross member and welded in a tube up front to tie the frame together since there were no other cross members to keep the frame from twisting. I am very happy with the install and will finish welding everything in after being sent to the sand blaster.

on to the rear now

Picked up some cheap weld draglites for mock up. Plan to use some of weld racings new wheels when its ready to go down the road.

Plans for this truck have changed a little..... I have decided that instead of going towards the pro touring style I am going to turn it into a drag truck that I can compete in Hot Rod Drag Week with. My good friend will be doing the cage in the next few months. This thread can be move to the drag racing section now if needed. I promise to keep up with the updates! Some have pm'd asking if we are still working on the 55 and the answer is yes! It is coming along very nicely by the guy who is doing the body work. chassis will be sent out to be coated soon and the body is almost in primer

Intake also came in!

Tyler