Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 06-26-2020, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will69camaro View Post
He has a point though. It's hard to compete with the market if people aren't willing to support american companies. I try to support american manuf whenever I can, and if there is an option available.

Not telling anyone else what to do with their money, but I can definitely see his point and frustration.

In more related news to this, i'm looking at options for making a set of foglights like the Marquez ones I have, checking what modeling cost is, and what machining costs are. I'm sure there is a market since running lights are few and far between with Fesler exiting and Marquez being impossible.
You should make the Finch shifter boots and rings too since it seems he gave up too. They were awesome.

Don
The Following User Says Thank You to dhutton For This Useful Post:
will69camaro (06-27-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 07:25 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garickman View Post
His rudeness for sure. This is from his instagram.

"We are done trying to compete with China. No one making these parts has any idea of how to make these parts and just knocks it all off and sells it cheaper. They don’t know what they are doing and we are sick of it. Let’s see how many new parts they come out with now."
Quote:
He has a point though. It's hard to compete with the market if people aren't willing to support american companies. I try to support american manuf whenever I can, and if there is an option available.

Not telling anyone else what to do with their money, but I can definitely see his point and frustration.

In more related news to this, i'm looking at options for making a set of foglights like the Marquez ones I have, checking what modeling cost is, and what machining costs are. I'm sure there is a market since running lights are few and far between with Fesler exiting and Marquez being impossible.
As a businessman, I can definitely understand this too. But, that's how the market goes. His business model and management and the way he conducted business had a lot to do with it too. You can't be rude to people, talk crazy to them and act uninterested in their time and suddenly expect them to spend their hard earned money and patronize your business at the same time when they have a choice. Now, I know I have bugged the crap out of Ring Brothers over the years with questions when I wasn't spending money and got answers to those questions and got treated well. You don't mind spending your money at establishments like this.

Quote:
Probably a market for sure. If you could make them direct bolt in and possibly use something like a Harley Davidson Touring passing lamp or a jeep wrangler turn signal there would be unlimited possibilities. You could just sell the housings and let people buy whatever lights they wanted.
I'd say there is a market for them if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
You should make the Finch shifter boots and rings too since it seems he gave up too. They were awesome.

Don
Yes Don, I agree. I went to Finch's website one day about a month ago and no info pulled up...it was all gone.

Old 06-27-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Probably a market for sure. If you could make them direct bolt in and possibly use something like a Harley Davidson Touring passing lamp or a jeep wrangler turn signal there would be unlimited possibilities. You could just sell the housings and let people buy whatever lights they wanted.
That’s a really good idea. Maybe I’ll buy the trucklite 4” that match my headlights and see if I can model a light around that.

Quote:

Don
Not a bad idea also. But there are several good options imo for shift bezels. Not familiar with finch tho so maybe room for better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
As a businessman, I can definitely understand this too. But, that's how the market goes. His business model and management and the way he conducted business had a lot to do with it too. You can't be rude to people, talk crazy to them and act uninterested in their time and suddenly expect them to spend their hard earned money and patronize your business at the same time when they have a choice. Now, I know I have bugged the crap out of Ring Brothers over the years with questions when I wasn't spending money and got answers to those questions and got treated well. You don't mind spending your money at establishments like this.

I'd say there is a market for them if you ask me.

Yes Don, I agree. I went to Finch's website one day about a month ago and no info pulled up...it was all gone.
I can agree with that but the size of the business makes a diff. Ringbrothers has people to answer those questions. Fesler is probably 1-2 person operation. Im guessing here and giving some benefit of the doubt. I’ve had good interactions when I’ve talked to Fesler.

Shame finch stuff is missing in action. I went looking at them for tank vents and no luck.
2018 GMC Denali HD
Old 06-27-2020, 02:51 PM

I will say I agree with patronage for people that are supportive.

Examples:
Wiring questions. Always referring the AAW wiring diagrams. Super simple and straight for are. They’ll have my business for that alone. (Doesn’t hurt they have a great product)

Injectors? Lots in performance crowd use cheap injectors and take the data/tables from injector dynamics. What happens when ID stops providing this? There is benefit there.

Suspension, lots of options and names to put sown here, I look at who is at events supporting their customers and others.
2018 GMC Denali HD
Old 06-28-2020, 08:05 AM

Quote:

Don
Don, I've been eyeing up the ones from Bowler. They look pretty similar to the Finch ones but if I remember right, Finch had 2 rectangular sizes to choose from. Bowler has one rectangular and one circular.

https://shop.bowlertransmissions.com...s/shift-bezels
dhutton (06-28-2020)
Old 06-28-2020, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac View Post
Don, I've been eyeing up the ones from Bowler. They look pretty similar to the Finch ones but if I remember right, Finch had 2 rectangular sizes to choose from. Bowler has one rectangular and one circular.

https://shop.bowlertransmissions.com...s/shift-bezels
Those are Ring Brothers bezels and shifter boots. They even sell the RB shifter knobs rebranded as Bowler. I've seen lot's of companies do this.

Last edited by 214Chevy; 06-28-2020 at 02:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 214Chevy For This Useful Post:
jmac (06-29-2020)
Old 06-28-2020, 10:19 PM

If anyone was eyeing the round shifter bezel let me know. About to run a console so mine will be for sale.
2018 GMC Denali HD
Old 06-29-2020, 07:22 AM

Quote:
That’s a really good idea. Maybe I’ll buy the trucklite 4” that match my headlights and see if I can model a light around that.
I have these 4" trucklites in my garage, I bought the Harley pods like Joeko mentioned as it's the only way I can get them to fit and I think there would be a market for billet pods that allowed the users choice of lights.

Saying that, we run into depth issues with the original mounting locations, which is probably why LED panels were used on all the previous options.

I'd be happy to help any way I can if anyone wishes to pursue this path more.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
I have these 4" trucklites in my garage, I bought the Harley pods like Joeko mentioned as it's the only way I can get them to fit and I think there would be a market for billet pods that allowed the users choice of lights.

Saying that, we run into depth issues with the original mounting locations, which is probably why LED panels were used on all the previous options.

I'd be happy to help any way I can if anyone wishes to pursue this path more.
What is the part number for the 4” trucklite? I was looking around and only saw them as a kit with the 7”.
2018 GMC Denali HD
Old 06-29-2020, 10:19 AM

Anvil makes a composite housing that lets you run a 4" driving light. I used these on my car. You have to modify the bucket, but most of the aftermarkets lights require that.

https://anvilauto.com/products/camar...-set-of-2.html