Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Track and Driving Events
User Name
Password

Old 03-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFTRACER View Post
Yes, I do that frequently.......and no I will not tell you to sell it and buy a Corvette. Although the more Corvette like you make it the faster that it would go

I like to do this too....as well as teaching people how to drive faster. I "get-off" on seeing people improve and go faster whether it be from car set-up perspective or learning to drive better. I do go out of my way to help people, but it looks as if you are on the wrong side of the globe....
The wrong side of the globe for so many reasons indeed.

It's already got the Vette Spindles up front---but a DSE sub from Kyle and company is sitting here in the garage---and a torque arm setup with a new floater rear is coming this coming weekend---it's getting closer to "vette" like-

So you never come out to So Cal for driving events? Forgive me for asking--is driving cars what you do for a living?

Doug
Old 03-07-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFRESH View Post
The wrong side of the globe for so many reasons indeed.

It's already got the Vette Spindles up front---but a DSE sub from Kyle and company is sitting here in the garage---and a torque arm setup with a new floater rear is coming this coming weekend---it's getting closer to "vette" like-

So you never come out to So Cal for driving events? Forgive me for asking--is driving cars what you do for a living?

Doug
No, driving cars is not what I do for a living , but I do it as much as possible

I am a Corvette technician by trade @ a Chevrolet Dealership and 75% of our buisness is race/performance oriented.

However, I am the chief instructor for 10/10ths Motorsports (www.1010thsmotorsports.com) and also an Evolution Perfromance School instructor (autocross). I have helped Bill Howell out with several of his Pro-Touring events, instructed at both of the Midwest Muscle Car Shootouts, and the inaugural "Get Started Racing School" the Jet-Hot put on.

Maybe one day I will get out to your neck of the woods to help..
Old 03-09-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Maybe one day I will get out to your neck of the woods to help..
Hmmmmm....I highly recommend a trip out West for some coaching...I'll chaperone....
Old 03-09-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastrash View Post
Hmmmmm....I highly recommend a trip out West for some coaching...I'll chaperone....
Isn't that like asking the fox to watch the hen house?
Old 03-09-2012, 06:04 PM

Doug if you can ever get Danny or Todd in your car to instruct, you will learn an awful lot, I've been fortunate to have both of them teach me some things and both are very good at communicating where you're screwing up at.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:26 PM

Thanked 1,838 Times in 502 Posts

Quote:
Oh NO !! The Corvette guy has stopped lurking and joined this board.....

Anyhow, I did not come on here to create a war. Just to clear up some misconceptions and apologize publicly for the off-handed comment that I made on the corvetteforum about the "autograph". Again, sorry Mark and all on this board.
Hey I just but my name on my car so I could find it. To quote "Hot Rod": is just another Red '69 Camaro with a SBC".... how many ’69 Camaros were at SEMA anyway…

Congratulations Danny good job.

Larry Ericson talked me into putting my name on my car because it looked to plain. I was not a fan of it and it still makes me feel a little funny seeing my name on my car.

I really like the OUSCI event; it is a lot more fun and way easier than One Lap of America. LOL. I gave serious thought on building a C-6 Corvette for the 2012 but I like the Pro-Touring route better. It is where I came from and what I like to do.

Mark
Old 03-11-2012, 11:38 AM

Mark,I thought the graphic's on Red Devil this year were perfect.It allowed new comer's to SEMA, & OPTIMA, to Identify some of the competitor's. M.S.Fan.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:35 AM

Default your a class act

Quote:
Oh NO !! The Corvette guy has stopped lurking and joined this board.....

I think there are some misconceptions here and people harping on one single comment, that I should not have made. Awful easy to take things out of context , try looking at page one of the thread on corvetteforum also.

Yes, I got "rich by winning the lottery" , and fielded a C6 Corvette at this years OUSCI, and I guess that I am guilty because we won with a "new" car. Nevermind any of the other new cars there this year, or that have competed in years past. Last I remember, this is not a Pro-Touring event, but a search for the Ultimate Street Car. I have watched this event as said for several years before I earned my invite. This was a privateer entry too, not some "in house" car or manufacturer car. With way less resources than some of the other top 10 cars.

Some of you have judged without knowing anything other than hearsay, and because I fielded a new car this year, I supposedly have no love for the older cars . Those that have cast stones do not know me very well. I am in FACT a lover of all cars, especially Chevrolet's, NEW and OLD. I cut my teeth in OLD GM products , C2's,C3's and 2nd gen Camaros. I still have the 1972 LT-1 Corvette and it will be making venues later this year. Brian Hobaugh remembers the car and knows that it is not slow. This Pro-Touring movement gives me an excuse to play with that car too and it will be a great time.

While I did make an off-handed comment , about the "autograph" on the side of Mark's car, I did not disrespect the fact that his car is an AMAZING piece, it is very well sorted, FAST , beautiful, well engineered and driven. I just thought the "autograph" was slightly grandious. I should not have said what I did, and for that I am sorry. Mark is a very worthy competitor, a great champion and is very worthy of all of his followers. I admire his creations myself and I am sure that I will continue to do so. With that said, Brian, Mary, Mike, also have built awesome cars as well as the other 90% of the cars that were at the OUSCI.

It seems as if some here are operating with chips on their shoulder because they run "old" cars and sometimes they let "new" cars run with them and then the old cars are at a distinct disadvantage. Well, I can tell you that mentality is not completely true. If any of you care to read page one of the above mentioned corvetteforum thread, I ran a bunch of the top pro-touring cars in July for the Chevy Hi-Performance Magazine shootout, and I was faster in three of the Pro-Touring cars than I was in Todd's Corvette. Testiments to the potential of some of these builds. I will agree that on a roadcourse the newer cars will enjoy an aero advantage, but that is it. No one with any of these builds is limited with suspension geometry, power, or technological advances such as ABS or TC. As the years progress the more mainstream this is going to become.

Anyhow, I did not come on here to create a war. Just to clear up some misconceptions and apologize publicly for the off-handed comment that I made on the corvetteforum about the "autograph". Again, sorry Mark and all on this board.
Your comments on the corvette board about the PT cars said it all. It's obvious you appreciate the PT cars. everyone on this board should appreciate the modern Corvette for what an awesome pice it is.

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...10645&page=171

Old 11-03-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post

And I am calling Stielow's 67 an early favorite.
Congrats Mark. Kick ass non-69 1st Gen Camaro.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 11-03-2012, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
Congrats Mark. Kick ass non-69 1st Gen Camaro.
So does this mean that 67's are the new 69's?