Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Help, Feedback and Testing > Vendor/Member Feedback
User Name
Password

Old 11-26-2014, 10:06 AM

Thumbs down The Shop LLC-- Negative....

I normally don't take to online forums to air differences, but the time has come. I'm helping to advise my friend on his 68' Chevelle build, so we chose to use some of the vendors here that support the forum. I felt compelled to come here because all of the vendors from this site we've used on this project have had exceptional customer service with the exception of Clint. This is a warning to anyone shopping with The Shop LLC that his local customers will take priority over those from out of state. I've seen this just by following his FB posts of cars he's completing in shop, while my friends stuff was waiting to be shipped wks after we were told it was going out the next day.

After seeing what The Shop LLC had to offer, he called Clint for a quote. The quote was for Clint's entire interior package which included: front and rear door panels, console, dash, power windows/locks, Corbeau seats, etc, etc. If you have never priced his interior package, I will just say its not cheap by any stretch of the imagination(read 15k+) They negotiated a price both felt was fair and that was it.

The final quote was sent in March of 2013 with an initial deposit from my friend shortly after. Clint said he preferred not to be paid all at once so he wouldn't have someone's money and not have the product ready to ship. Since he's all the way in Florida, we felt this was something good for both parties.

Now we are over a year in to this deal and we still do not have all of the parts we have been promised. Clint has lied to my friend more than once saying something shipped only to admit to him wks later that he lied and it was now on the way. My friend has always paid him on time however, whenever Clint requested a payment.

The nail in the coffin for us was the communication over the last 3-4wks. Clint rarely answers the phone (which is understandable if he's in the shop), but I have a problem when you don't return multiple phone calls or texts over wks. We were ready to wrap up business with Clint, my friend would pay the balance and Clint would ship the remaining parts(subwoofer box and power window motors).

Here are the last communications I had with him. I would send via group text, so my friend would be included in the communication. In the pics CS=Clint the Shop, E=friend

Please notice the dates on the text

Power window motors requested 10/13, he states they are on the way. By 10/26 there has been no other response, so my friend sends a message

Matt at Sled Alley noticed a light spot on the dash when doing a test fit and brings it to my attention. The shop doing the interior install told us to ask Clint for the vendor that supplied the material to see if we could get some dye in that color and airbrush and he would airbrush it. With the money my friend has wrapped up in this interior it has to be RIGHT.

On 11/4 I send Clint this text. I'm not accusing him of doing it, I only ask if he can help us get it fixed. As you see at first he seems like he wants to help then his attitude changes

Here is the continuation of that text. His reply "okey smokey" sounds very casual so I expect to get some help from him. My friend reaches out on 11/7 and he doesn't reply. Clint then sends a text on 11/10 telling us we need to fix it. Can you believe he called us "dummies"?!!!

Even then my reply was very professional. I let him know Jerry(interior) guy only wants to know who is the vendor of the material so we can get the dye in the right color.

Clint called me immediately after sounding like he'd been drinking and starts cursing at me saying that he doesn't know what we did to the dash, but it wasn't like that when it left his shop. I calm him down and tell him I'm not accusing him. I ask him to stop cursing and tell him I just wanted to know who the vendor was that supplied the material so we can match it up with no problem. You must understand my friend has spent THOUSANDS with him and this was an unacceptable response. He proceeds to tell me how he takes pride in his work and he doesn't have time for this sh**, he has too much on his plate.

He tells me how he needs more help and that he only told us the stuff was shipped before because he has learned "the worst thing you can do is tell a customer NO". I tell him "the worst thing you can do is lie to a customer". My friend could understand better him saying "I'm running behind.." vs. "Its shipping tmrw" and 3wks later its not there.

He actually had the nerve to text me the next day like nothing happened to say he was shipping a pkg. That was on 10/11 It has yet to show up...

Chris--
'72 Cutlass S LS2/4L70E
Rushforth Wheels, SC&C, ATS, Street Rod Designs, Holley EFI

Project Motor City Madness
Old 11-26-2014, 11:02 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by csouth View Post
I normally don't take to online forums to air differences, but the time has come. I'm helping to advise my friend on his 68' Chevelle build, so we chose to use some of the vendors here that support the forum. I felt compelled to come here because all of the vendors from this site we've used on this project have had exceptional customer service with the exception of Clint. This is a warning to anyone shopping with The Shop LLC that his local customers will take priority over those from out of state. I've seen this just by following his FB posts of cars he's completing in shop, while my friends stuff was waiting to be shipped wks after we were told it was going out the next day.

After seeing what The Shop LLC had to offer, he called Clint for a quote. The quote was for Clint's entire interior package which included: front and rear door panels, console, dash, power windows/locks, Corbeau seats, etc, etc. If you have never priced his interior package, I will just say its not cheap by any stretch of the imagination(read 15k+) They negotiated a price both felt was fair and that was it.

The final quote was sent in March of 2013 with an initial deposit from my friend shortly after. Clint said he preferred not to be paid all at once so he wouldn't have someone's money and not have the product ready to ship. Since he's all the way in Florida, we felt this was something good for both parties.

Now we are over a year in to this deal and we still do not have all of the parts we have been promised. Clint has lied to my friend more than once saying something shipped only to admit to him wks later that he lied and it was now on the way. My friend has always paid him on time however, whenever Clint requested a payment.

The nail in the coffin for us was the communication over the last 3-4wks. Clint rarely answers the phone (which is understandable if he's in the shop), but I have a problem when you don't return multiple phone calls or texts over wks. We were ready to wrap up business with Clint, my friend would pay the balance and Clint would ship the remaining parts(subwoofer box and power window motors).

Here are the last communications I had with him. I would send via group text, so my friend would be included in the communication. In the pics CS=Clint the Shop, E=friend

Please notice the dates on the text

Power window motors requested 10/13, he states they are on the way. By 10/26 there has been no other response, so my friend sends a message

Matt at Sled Alley noticed a light spot on the dash when doing a test fit and brings it to my attention. The shop doing the interior install told us to ask Clint for the vendor that supplied the material to see if we could get some dye in that color and airbrush and he would airbrush it. With the money my friend has wrapped up in this interior it has to be RIGHT.

On 11/4 I send Clint this text. I'm not accusing him of doing it, I only ask if he can help us get it fixed. As you see at first he seems like he wants to help then his attitude changes

Here is the continuation of that text. His reply "okey smokey" sounds very casual so I expect to get some help from him. My friend reaches out on 11/7 and he doesn't reply. Clint then sends a text on 11/10 telling us we need to fix it. Can you believe he called us "dummies"?!!!

Even then my reply was very professional. I let him know Jerry(interior) guy only wants to know who is the vendor of the material so we can get the dye in the right color.

Clint called me immediately after sounding like he'd been drinking and starts cursing at me saying that he doesn't know what we did to the dash, but it wasn't like that when it left his shop. I calm him down and tell him I'm not accusing him. I ask him to stop cursing and tell him I just wanted to know who the vendor was that supplied the material so we can match it up with no problem. You must understand my friend has spent THOUSANDS with him and this was an unacceptable response. He proceeds to tell me how he takes pride in his work and he doesn't have time for this sh**, he has too much on his plate.

He tells me how he needs more help and that he only told us the stuff was shipped before because he has learned "the worst thing you can do is tell a customer NO". I tell him "the worst thing you can do is lie to a customer". My friend could understand better him saying "I'm running behind.." vs. "Its shipping tmrw" and 3wks later its not there.

He actually had the nerve to text me the next day like nothing happened to say he was shipping a pkg. That was on 10/11 It has yet to show up...

BOX WAS SCHEDULED FOR 11/11/14
Here it comes we had to run another 25 I was out of stock
Old 11-26-2014, 11:04 AM

BOX WAS SCHEDULED FOR 11/11/14 I was out of stock and did not communicate with you it ships today

Old 11-26-2014, 11:34 AM

WINDOWS WILL BE THER FRIDAY
Old 11-26-2014, 11:55 AM

Default Out Of State Vs In State

CUSTOMER BOARD 15 CHEVELLES, OUR CUSTOMERS ARE ALL OUT OF STATE 15 FOR CHEVELLE INTERIOR, I HAVE ONE LOCAL CAR IN THE SHOP FOR INSTALLATION, THIS IS THE FIRST LOCAL CAR IN MY SHOP ALL YEAR.. IT ARRIVED IN SEPTEMBER 2014

Old 11-26-2014, 01:24 PM

Default Thank You For The Business

Old 11-26-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShopLLC.com View Post
Its funny how you post a quote and a generic apology EVERYONE and say you consider it resolved. Save face / Save business...

You still provide the people here with zero reason for your behavior...

Chris--
'72 Cutlass S LS2/4L70E
Rushforth Wheels, SC&C, ATS, Street Rod Designs, Holley EFI

Project Motor City Madness

Last edited by csouth; 11-27-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:29 AM

This apology is towards you not any other customers, I haven't had any problematic conversations with anybody but you, (nor did I say that I handled things correctly) your not the one signing the checks for this build anyways nor have you spent a dime with THE SHOP LLC, parts on the way, .. Your a good dude Chris but I don't have time to sit here and shoot the **** like a couple school girls, I got a lengthy list of people to take care of.. Jerry's got my number if he needs anything or has any questions on installation have him call me.. Thanks, I emailed you guys the final balance due, let me know if there's any questions on that.. 954-440-0251

Last edited by TheShopLLC.com; 11-28-2014 at 10:55 AM.