Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Introductions > Member/Project/Vehicle Introductions
User Name
Password

Old 08-13-2009, 01:06 AM

Default Another 69 Camaro.... but almost done thanks to other members!!!

About 2 weeks away from completing my first LS swap. Motor is in, all the goodies are here. I couldn't afford to throw a DSE or Speedtech subframe under this one so I went with the Hotchkis TVS setup but the car still turned out great thanks to all of the help from you guys, Frank at Prodigy, John at Driverz Inc. for help on the Rushforth's, Wegner Motorsports and the guys at Street Performance.

Went with a viper blue paint scheme and some late model Trans Am seats redone in black leather and houdstooth. The LS3 should run great. I went with the hot cam swap and threw a TKO 600 behind it.

I couldn't have done it without all the info on this site and help from other members. I already started another build with the DSE subframe and LS7/T56 setup. I have had such great luck with the vendors I used on this build that other than sending the next one to Tracy at Recovery Room, it should be a lot easier knowing what I do now.

Thanks guys. I can't wait to get the next one done and see it really on the ground with the new suspension.

I've attached some pics. As you can see, it's not completely done, but close - Just in time for Good Guys in KC.
Attached Images

Old 08-13-2009, 01:15 AM

wow looks great. i love the seats cut down- nice detail and u gotta love the autocraft pan!!
Old 08-13-2009, 01:24 AM

Very nice looking 69!! I also like what you did with the seats. What did they start out as? Did Tracy do this interior, I mean is that what you commented on above?
Old 08-13-2009, 01:29 AM

Great job!!! The color really turned out well.
69 Mach I
Yes...Chevys and Fords
Old 08-13-2009, 02:36 AM

Default Seats

The fronts are from a 2002 Trans Am. They were done by a friend of mine and turned out good. We removed the headrests and cut them down a little so they fit the overall flow of the interior a little better. They sat too high from the factory and blocked the entire rear interior of the car.

Tracey is doing full interior on the next car which is another 69 Camaro. It is Corvette sunset orange and is getting a parchment leather interior. I can't wait to see what he comes up with. It was scheduled to go in around the beginning of September but will probably end up going in a month or two later after falling behind a little with the metal work. We decided to change the side markers, suck the front and rear bumpers in flush, change the door handles and did a little custom fab on the rear quarter louvers after seeing a couple of cars on here and getting some new ideas.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I know this one is nothing compared to some of the cars I've seen on here, but it's a start and has been a lot of fun building. The new stuff out there is amazing.

And, the pan is a slick piece. We went with some Street Performance headers after having problems with the new Edelbrock kit. Their motor mounts fit well but we couldn't get the clearance on the driver's side header that they said we should have had with the stock subframe. Frank was a big help with the entire situation.

The viper blue paint turned out good. I didn't have any sun for the pics. It sure picks up the pearl when it's sunny outside. The only thing I've been second guessing is the single stripe. It's a PPG silver pearl and looks good. I just really like the hockey stripes.... Gives a little old school look.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:40 AM

Good eye catching that sticker on the pan!

As you can see, I'm still missing some small things such as the cold air intake, interior door handles, ect...

But, it feels good being so close.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:13 AM

do you know where your friend sourced the houndstooth material?
because ive already got my seats done like that but plan to get seat that will hold me better, but cant seem to find houndstooth material that has the squares as large as mine, but yours really look to be the right size. thanks

also cars looking good!!!!!!!!

1970 1/2 rs z28...pro-touring?...i wish...soon?
Old 08-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Car looks great! Great job. You had a good group of guys to work with!!
Old 08-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

Nice work. Car looks great!

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/