Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Which rear suspension?
DSE's Quadra Link 104 45.61%
Alstons G Bar 77 33.77%
Leave the GW Cat 5's 17 7.46%
Just pull the trigger go Lateral Dynamics 30 13.16%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince@MSperfab View Post
you maybe able to find a used set floating around.

Give Jake at Jake's Rod shop a hollar. He has some good things rollin out of the oven.
http://www.jakesrodshop.com/Home.html
vince
I have two of jakes set ups.... very nice stuff.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:07 PM

Default WHich ONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstennes View Post
Ok I know Lateral Dynamics makes the best rear suspension but I just cant bring myself to cut up the rear pasenger compartment on my 69 Camaro vert.
Right now I'm running GW Cat 5 springs but I'm thinking of going with either DSE's Quadra-Link or Alstons G Bar or just leave it as is?
Thanks for the help!
Gosh I hope after all the comments you still do not think LD is best. Most seem to support DSE as I do. Even the poll shows DSE.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69znc View Post
Gosh I hope after all the comments you still do not think LD is best. Most seem to support DSE as I do. Even the poll shows DSE.
I bet the LatD 3link would be almost as popular as the DSE if it didn't impede on the rear seats so much more with that pocket for the upper link. DSE 4link is a very nice product, but I think both are hovering around the same quality level, with the geo of the 3link being maybe a bit more ideal, albeit much more intrusive to the stock sheetmetal. That being said I haven't installed either, this is just from observing the internetz.

Also... you can't deny that there is a legion of loyal internet-spurred DSE fanboys (not that their product doesn't at all deserve it)... so it's pretty hard to NOT buy DSE when everyone so quickly and shortly responds "DSE, not question" and that's it.

Last edited by frojoe; 06-29-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frojoe View Post
I bet the LatD 3link would be almost as popular as the DSE if it didn't impede on the rear seats so much more with that pocket for the upper link. DSE 4link is a very nice product, but I think both are hovering around the same quality level, with the geo of the 3link being maybe a bit more ideal, albeit much more intrusive to the stock sheetmetal. That being said I haven't installed either, this is just from observing the internetz.

Also... you can't deny that there is a legion of loyal internet-spurred DSE fanboys (not that their product doesn't at all deserve it)... so it's pretty hard to NOT buy DSE when everyone so quickly and shortly responds "DSE, not question" and that's it.
Just an observation but the fact that DSE continuously takes their products to the track to prove their competence makes it hard to argue against them. Just look at the Mustang stuff they are releasing it after already winning events with it. On paper or the internet many things can look as good or better but real world is the real test.

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...10645&page=171

Old 07-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETorino View Post
Just an observation but the fact that DSE continuously takes their products to the track to prove their competence makes it hard to argue against them. Just look at the Mustang stuff they are releasing it after already winning events with it. On paper or the internet many things can look as good or better but real world is the real test.
Well said.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:56 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETorino View Post
Not to mention the fact that DSE has been setting the standard for aftermarket parts in our segment. It isn't just that their products perform well, but that they are built to exacting standards, and yet also provide enough adjustment to fit 40 year old cars, which are never the same. Trust me, this is something not all aftermarket companies have grasped yet.

For me, it wasn't easy to buy DSE the first time around, because it is quite expensive. However, their stuff fits so well, you don't have to waste time later figuring things out yourself, or paying a shop to do it. While you don't save money on the purchase, you save time during the build, and time often equals money

Matt