Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11-29-2004, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clill
Blown 353.... Turbo cars are naturally quiet so the mufflers he is using probably won't do much for your blown car. The Mule is so quiet People are disappointed when they ask me to start it.
I like em quiet, just adds to the Mistique. I have flowmasters on my 69 Z and they are too loud.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clill
Blown 353.... Turbo cars are naturally quiet so the mufflers he is using probably won't do much for your blown car. The Mule is so quiet People are disappointed when they ask me to start it.
Exactly! Those neat little spinning-mufflers are part of the reason I miss my Turbo Trans Am (which was in your shop for a short time earlier this year when I was over with Andrew and Jody.) Stealthy and quiet is cool!

Still wouldn't mind quieting my car down some. I'm thinking of adding 4 bullet mufflers to the current system (2 bullets in front of the main mufflers, and 2 in the tailpipes just before the tips.)

On second thought, nah, that's too much work. I think i'll just switch the car over to turbos instead of adding more mufflers.

Troy

Last edited by Blown353; 11-29-2004 at 11:44 PM.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:25 AM
Supporting Manufacturer

HydratechBraking.com

Default Spinning Mufflers

The new turbo 2.4 Neon doesn't even use any kind of a true muffler, as the "spinning muffler" does so well to diffuse the exhaust pulses...

On the other hand, the big go fast turbo diesel rigs around here (running the mongo 4" straight pipes / propane injection...) will just about blast the glass right out of your ride as they go by!

The quietest performance mufflers that I have ever run (currently on the 442) are the Hooker Aero Chambers - VERY quiet, priced suprisingly right, yet Hooker claims that they outflow the 2 chamber Flowmasters. I will say that pulling the dump caps does make it a helluva lot louder, but maybe only .250 - .300 faster in the 1/4.

Paul M. Clark <-- the Ukrainian - Slava Ukraini !
Founder / Master Engineer
Hydratech Braking Systems ®
www.hydratechbraking.com