Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Introductions > Member/Project/Vehicle Introductions
User Name
Password

Old 08-09-2009, 02:59 PM

Old 08-09-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hotrod View Post
Nice!!!! Do you get to drive it much?
I drive it on the weekends and to work every other week or so. My commute to work is about 60 miles round trip so that's about the limit with this baby. I'm almost deaf by the time I get back home! 8-10mph is not so good either. Sure is fun to take it out though. I usually leave early in the morning for work so there is no sneaking out of the neighborhood!
Old 08-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Killer car as I said before.
The paint on her looks killer!! Is there any way we can hear a video of start-up or idle? Or do you have a youtube account? If not, please post here if you can/want. Thanks!
Old 08-09-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
Killer car as I said before.
The paint on her looks killer!! Is there any way we can hear a video of start-up or idle? Or do you have a youtube account? If not, please post here if you can/want. Thanks!
thanks so much. That is a great idea - I'd love to post some sound but I only have a digital camera w/o video. I might be able to borrow one soon and post it up though. Nothing like sitting in it when it shakes the ground though.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69bigblok View Post
thanks so much. That is a great idea - I'd love to post some sound but I only have a digital camera w/o video. I might be able to borrow one soon and post it up though. Nothing like sitting in it when it shakes the ground though.
Very cool. That would be awesome. THANKS!
Old 08-09-2009, 07:21 PM

Very nice indeed! You mentioned needing to learn the pro touring building side of this, are you going to get into the camaro and re do it into a PT type car? There are A LOT of really great sources of info for whatever you may need. The people here are really good about giving solid advice and pointing you in the right direction. The vendors here are all great too. Good luck with what ever you decide to do. And if you start tearing it apart, post lots of pictures so we can all watch it happen!
Old 08-09-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rs View Post
Very nice indeed! You mentioned needing to learn the pro touring building side of this, are you going to get into the camaro and re do it into a PT type car? There are A LOT of really great sources of info for whatever you may need. The people here are really good about giving solid advice and pointing you in the right direction. The vendors here are all great too. Good luck with what ever you decide to do. And if you start tearing it apart, post lots of pictures so we can all watch it happen!
Yes, kind of looking to combine a bit of both. For example, I'd like to have a much better brake setup versus manual brakes. I'd like to do the hydraboost to get around the vacuum issues. I'd also like to get my front end up to par too. Those are the type things I'd like to do to make it a better driver without losing the extreme side of being a prostreet machine. What I love most about these cars is watching how everyone can make it their own and come up with a unique combination. Thanks for the info and look forward to hanging out. Everyone here has been very welcoming and helpful - I appreciate it.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Administrator

Welcome aboard. Great cars AND garage.

My LS7 69 Camaro
Old 08-09-2009, 08:11 PM

Kind of have a thing for red cars huh?

You are right about all the different combos. It's great to see so many unique cars here, but all with performance being the common goal. There are so many ways to build a cool car it makes it hard to decide what to do.

As for the hyd boost, there are several vendors here that can set you up with everything you need to swap out your old system. Same goes for the front end. Prodigy Customs (Frank) is just one of many that comes to mind for both of those items. Look at the list of vendors on the left column here and take your pick. If you need to have the work done for you there are several builders on the site too. I have always been treated with respect when asking them questions and would do business with any one of them.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rs View Post
Kind of have a thing for red cars huh?

You are right about all the different combos. It's great to see so many unique cars here, but all with performance being the common goal. There are so many ways to build a cool car it makes it hard to decide what to do.

As for the hyd boost, there are several vendors here that can set you up with everything you need to swap out your old system. Same goes for the front end. Prodigy Customs (Frank) is just one of many that comes to mind for both of those items. Look at the list of vendors on the left column here and take your pick. If you need to have the work done for you there are several builders on the site too. I have always been treated with respect when asking them questions and would do business with any one of them.
Great info - thanks. ooh, I feel my credit card warming up already...