Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 12-14-2011, 06:27 PM

I didn't mean for my comment to be taken negatively. Sorry. I have a mustang too and there aren't enough on here. Im glad to see one as nicely sorted as yours.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacnac View Post
I didn't mean for my comment to be taken negatively. Sorry. I have a mustang too and there aren't enough on here. Im glad to see one as nicely sorted as yours.
No worries, i was just letting you know that it isnt final because the battery was not yet in the right location and there is very little fuel in the tank. That and the treadwall size on the rear tires are smaller than the front, so that creates a weird look as well. The rears should be the thicker size like the front. The summitomo tires are just temporary and will be replaced after a few hundred break in miles.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:36 PM

Made the bracket to go over the tank that holds the amp and will now hold the optima battery as well-I moved it from the drivers side of the trunk. Why i put it there to begin with, i have no idea.

Hey look, I made a semi-decent weld.

Wiring is now all wrapped up and neatly tucked away.

Lokar E-brake handle installed in trans tunnel

Fuse panel moved from trunk to rear seat area, which will be covered with the 66 Shelby seat delete.

Seat delete trimmed and temporarily installed. Excuse the fiberglass dust. Quarter panels were also trimmed to fit around roll bar.

Why the wiring takes so long-each fitting is crimped, then soldered, and then I put heat shrink over the wire and connector.

Had to remove the fuel tank due to some issues, so i went ahead and put herculiner on the trunk floor and then rolled the quarter panels and outer wheel housings with satin black paint.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:05 PM

I posted a video after the photos. It looks like a photo, but if you click on it, it will play. I'm using a new camera and i am still learning its features, so excuse the initial focus and the focus when i move from the interior to the engine bay.

After twelve hours of trying to make the front exhaust pipes myself, I threw in the towel and took the car to another exhaust shop. This shop had the front pipes fabricated in less than a day and they look great. The mufflers are now installed, but i still need to add flanges to the spintech mufflers and to the pipes that exit through the rockers and into the tips.

Just a couple days of work and an alignment rack away from being roadworthy. Now i just need to find a couple of days to work on it.

The plastic you see in the photos is in place to protect the carpet, seats, and rocker panels.

Old 12-21-2017, 04:41 PM

Default Motor Mounts

Thank you so much for writing about your experience which this restomod.

I also am installing a 4.6 Terminator into a 67 fastback. My front suspension is from RRS.May I ask what motor mounts you used? I have tried using those from DVS but the engin sits to far forward.

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Mustangbrucep