Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Transmission and Rear End
User Name
Password

Old 04-08-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberts68 View Post
I haven't made any purchase yet but have been talking to American Powertrain and Hurst quite a bit lately. Unfortunately their website had to change rather abruptly as the heresay I got was that their old website was being "held hostage" in a manner of speaking by a prior webmaster. Needless to say the new one is incomplete.

The White Lightning from AP is listed at $269-299 depending on offset options.

As an upgrade it is $150-200 more than the stock shifter depending upon what the rest of your kit includes.
I have a White Lightning ordered should be here end of next week (I believe retail is $349 w/ 1" offset). Steering box is in transit from Lee and the Kore3 front brake system is waiting to be bled. I'll give some feedback on the shifter as soon as possible.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
I have a White Lightning ordered should be here end of next week (I believe retail is $349 w/ 1" offset). Steering box is in transit from Lee and the Kore3 front brake system is waiting to be bled. I'll give some feedback on the shifter as soon as possible.
Sweet! You have got to be looking forward to the results of that batch of upgrades.

Here is the page where I saw those price rangesWhite Lighting for T56 Magnum

The cost of upgrade I mentioned was verbal and varies based on kit value.

Across the board I have been impressed with American Powertrain although I agree their responses have been sluggish. It seems some recent ad campaigns, media exposure and commercials run on Powerblock tv have swamped the sales and tech teams. Which is both good and bad depending on your mindset.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:20 PM

Road tested my new t56 magnum this weekend, with the white lightning shifter, never touched the shifter adjustment settings from the factory setting. Its awesome!!! very tight pattern and short throws, my shifter is only 5 inches tall, facilitates very quick shifts. I only ripped off one 2nd to 3rd shift at 7000rpm, Im still grinning ear to ear . Didnt want to kill it to hard, also installed the new centerforce DYAD dual disk. Shifted like butter. I think its close to bulletproof for a 500+hp@rearwheel car. BTW - I purchased all the hardware through American power train and Grey was extremely helpful, he's a talker, real car guy! Clutch purchased through centerforce, it seems everyone has a dual disk they want to sell these days. The shifter is very nice, I think you guys will really like it, the stick is clockable in all kinds of directions so the console guys should be happy too.

Rich
Old 04-08-2012, 08:13 PM

Thumbs up

That is one tantalizing testimonial right there. Enjoy Rich, sounds like a reoccuring dream I've had for 23 years or so.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ragtp View Post
Road tested my new t56 magnum this weekend, with the white lightning shifter, never touched the shifter adjustment settings from the factory setting. Its awesome!!! very tight pattern and short throws, my shifter is only 5 inches tall, facilitates very quick shifts. I only ripped off one 2nd to 3rd shift at 7000rpm, Im still grinning ear to ear . Didnt want to kill it to hard, also installed the new centerforce DYAD dual disk. Shifted like butter. I think its close to bulletproof for a 500+hp@rearwheel car. BTW - I purchased all the hardware through American power train and Grey was extremely helpful, he's a talker, real car guy! Clutch purchased through centerforce, it seems everyone has a dual disk they want to sell these days. The shifter is very nice, I think you guys will really like it, the stick is clockable in all kinds of directions so the console guys should be happy too.

Rich
Great feedback, now get out there and shift it at high rpm a few more times.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:23 PM

Anyone know which handle works best on the stock Tremec shifter in a 67?
Old 06-20-2018, 10:57 PM

Has anyone tried or heard anything about mal wood shifters?