Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Transmission and Rear End
User Name
Password

Old 04-22-2012, 02:02 PM

The wave track still has a torque bias. If one tire is spinning the other tire will get 3 times the torque applied to the slipping tire assuming it setup to 3:1. THE one advantage of the wavetrack is when one tire gets zero applied torque then the other gets 100%.

I personally love my detroit locker. FYI, circle track lockers are unique and not a good comparison to an off the shelf locker from eaton.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:10 PM

Off roaders give the true trac good reviews and they are getting into much higher differences in traction from axle to axle. I just don't see a situation where a truetrac isn't sufficient in a pro touring car.

I would need to check but my 33 spline truetrac is rated at 700 or 800 hp.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
Off roaders give the true trac good reviews and they are getting into much higher differences in traction from axle to axle. I just don't see a situation where a truetrac isn't sufficient in a pro touring car.

I would need to check but my 33 spline truetrac is rated at 700 or 800 hp.
I actually run one in my wife's 75 Bronco. If a wheel comes off the ground you tap the brakes and it acts like a locker.

It sounds like the extra money for a wavetrac would be better spent on shift upgrades for my T56.

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...10645&page=171

Old 04-22-2012, 06:27 PM

Do your own due diligence but it's been rock solid in my car and we have similar power.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
Do your own due diligence but it's been rock solid in my car and we have similar power.
Thanks. I have had good luck with the unit in a Bronco I just wanted to see if it was holding up in this environment. I appreciate the hands on advice.

I wont tell any of the BBC guys you said that we hae similar power if you don't tell any of the FE crowd I agree.

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...10645&page=171

Old 04-23-2012, 11:26 AM

Im going with a Moser 9" with 35-spline wavetrac (vs a 31-spline truetrac). Gonna get it done right the first time and not have to worry. Plus the lifetime warranty is nice.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6D9 Matt View Post
Im going with a Moser 9" with 35-spline wavetrac (vs a 31-spline truetrac). Gonna get it done right the first time and not have to worry. Plus the lifetime warranty is nice.

I'm curious as to the additional parasitic drag and if that's even an issue at any HP level w those big axles? I'm all for overbuilding the drivetrain and love the warranty though, just want to look at all the angles.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6D9 Matt View Post

What makes you think a Tru Trac with 31 spline axles wouldn't get it done right the first time. I'm not saying you're making the wrong decision, just don't want people to feel they need to steer clear of 31 spline axles or Tru Tracs. Hell, I think I put the most stress on my car back when it had 400 at the wheels. In my opinion, none of our cars can launch hard enough, or run sticky enough tires to worry about that part of the drive train. With my car making mid 500s at the wheels, I'm really not concerned about breaking these parts in question. I haven't shied away from running my car hard, and plan on running it harder in the future. Who knows, maybe I will eat my words. That would suck though, I'm really tired of replacing parts already.

Matt
Old 04-23-2012, 04:20 PM

Well I will say, I plan on putting down 700+ on the dyno down the road, and might throw some slicks on the car as well when I get serious about running some times (not anytime soon with the little crate 350 I have now).

Many people I have seen/talked to do great wit the truetrac... great unit! Im just building it up a little extra the first time and spending the money now, rather than MAYBE later (after I either break it, or want to upgrade again).
Old 04-23-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.A View Post
What makes you think a Tru Trac with 31 spline axles wouldn't get it done right the first time. I'm not saying you're making the wrong decision, just don't want people to feel they need to steer clear of 31 spline axles or Tru Tracs. Hell, I think I put the most stress on my car back when it had 400 at the wheels. In my opinion, none of our cars can launch hard enough, or run sticky enough tires to worry about that part of the drive train. With my car making mid 500s at the wheels, I'm really not concerned about breaking these parts in question. I haven't shied away from running my car hard, and plan on running it harder in the future. Who knows, maybe I will eat my words. That would suck though, I'm really tired of replacing parts already.

Matt
I didn't see any Vin Diesel launches at RTTC. Maybe 200tw is to prevent wheelies!

Road courses, where you're maybe only in 3rd or 4th gear, you aren't putting serious torque multiplication through the rearend compared to a 1st gear drag launch. You can save some weight & inertia by opting for a smaller spline count.

1968 Camaro: "TRACKDAY"

Build In Progress: https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=10706