Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 08-27-2015, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod P View Post
easy scooter! Ron's pretty new to the autocross culture....give him a few and we will see top cars using his designs and theory's another 2 or 3 years...hey a title isn't everything, i know a guy who has a national champ win (trophy and record books to prove it) and he was in a class of one so he won by default, and you look at his times for the event he was slower than novice ladies last placer.....but hey he can still claim a title as an SCCA National Champion and you know me Scott and I don't have that claim...and I can still point you in the right direction when your building your car
Comparing Mikes 6 CP national championships to "some guy" who won by default is a slap in the face to Mike. CP for the longest time was one of the most contested classes at an SCCA National Finals event. His wins were far from a one person class...

Last edited by chetly; 08-27-2015 at 06:03 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg from Aus View Post
Ron comes here and offers his knowledge, and you berate him, nice work.

Berate how? He simply asked a simple question as to who is national competitive in an autocross environment running his setup.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:04 PM

Dealer for
ACCUAIR rideheight control systems
ENTROPY RADIATORS XXX radiators for your pro-touring vehicle
FORGELINE MOTORSPORTS Highline custom 3 piece wheels
WEGNER AUTOMOTIVE Custom engines and LSX drive systems
SPEEDTECH PERFORMANCE Bay Area stocking dealer

NEVER FORGET -11
Old 08-27-2015, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetly View Post
The OP specificly said he'd be running C prepared, or CP as I put it. So yeah, talking to anyone other than a 6 time national CP Champion is in my mind pointless.

Also, Mike took his "autocross" setup to Sears Point for the Shelby Nationals and was in the top 5 of times but was the only one in the top 5 on a 200tw tire. So, in my option autocross, road racing and street driving can all use the same suspension settings.
As national Dog day was yesterday I'm not going to do any leash tugging today. I'll let the pro's do that.

Having dialed in a couple Solo I, Solo II, drag race and big track high speed turnie cars in my day I'll stick to my opinion. None of which were National Champions or Saviours of Nazereth mind you but most improved over base.

Dealer for
ACCUAIR rideheight control systems
ENTROPY RADIATORS XXX radiators for your pro-touring vehicle
FORGELINE MOTORSPORTS Highline custom 3 piece wheels
WEGNER AUTOMOTIVE Custom engines and LSX drive systems
SPEEDTECH PERFORMANCE Bay Area stocking dealer

NEVER FORGET -11
Old 08-27-2015, 06:12 PM

Chetly, your fanboism always comes off snobbish and rude. Mike is a smart guy, anyone that has talked to him knows that.

Your advice is good though. If I wanted a CP Mustang, Maier would be the first call I would make, but it wouldn't be the only homework I did.

Support your local hot rod shop!
Old 08-27-2015, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Comparing Mikes 6 CP national championships to "some guy" who won by default is a slap in the face to Mike. CP for the longest time was one of the most contested classes at an SCCA National Finals event. His wins were far from a one person class...
better untie your panties "chetly" I am not putting Mike down...Mike and myself go way back...unless you know me shut your pie hole. The point was "titles" if you have them or dont doesn't make the answer right or wrong.... if your going to act like a key board warrior at least use your real name if you have something relevant to add then do so other wise move along...I think everyone here knows me in the real world I'm not just some forum jockey and I will be straight foreword, I dont toss around keyboard balls son I have brass ones....
Bangshift Stories
I’m not the smartest guy at the track … but when he goes home … I’m still there testing, tuning, learning & getting faster.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod P View Post
better untie your panties "chetly" I am not putting Mike down...Mike and myself go way back...unless you know me shut your pie hole. The point was "titles" if you have them or dont doesn't make the answer right or wrong.... if your going to act like a key board warrior at least use your real name if you have something relevant to add then do so other wise move along...I think everyone here knows me in the real world I'm not just some forum jockey and I will be straight foreword, I dont toss around keyboard balls son I have brass ones....
Big words from someone across the country. As for your stupid key board warrior comment, my friends do call my Chet or Chetly so I am using my real name. But, just in case you want to shut my pie hole for me I'll gladly send you my address and I'll gladly place my steel toe boots firmly against your brass ones...

Last edited by chetly; 08-27-2015 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post
Chetly, your fanboism always comes off snobbish and rude. Mike is a smart guy, anyone that has talked to him knows that.

Your advice is good though. If I wanted a CP Mustang, Maier would be the first call I would make, but it wouldn't be the only homework I did.

Fanboism? I'm just stating facts that I know as true. Yes, Mike and I are good friends. So what. That's not fanboism.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Fanboism? I'm just stating facts that I know as true. Yes, Mike and I are good friends. So what. That's not fanboism.
After the way you act, I'm not sure if Mike would be impressed with being associated.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg from Aus View Post
After the way you act, I'm not sure if Mike would be impressed with being associated.
Opinions vary, thanks for yours.