Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Community Events
User Name
Password

Old 10-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Matt --

Now I hope he doesn't want to punch me when we see each other!
I don't think you have to worry about that, you're on the list to get into the Spring Mountain Country Club. He can't touch you there.

While I too am upset with the late announcement, the organizers did what they had to do for this year given insurance, etc. Next however, I'd like to see some way of admitting spectators. I would think it would certainly be in the best interest of the other sponsors like RideTech and DSE who would have the opportunity to show off their products first hand to potential buyers from SEMA. My hope is that in future years the OUSCI does not sacrifice the close industry-enthusiast/buyer relationship it once enjoyed to focus instead on a television production.

Matt
Old 10-12-2010, 05:11 PM

What really SUCKS is that I didn't see this F'ing post till now. If not, I would have gladly volunteered.

Anybody needs a crew member.

Are all the spots taken?
Old 10-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

This is exactly what Jody was saying. There might be a bunch of people show up that are not aware because of the very late notice, and not get in. That will not be good.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:52 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,358 Posts

For those not able to watch from the ground, why not ask Greg if you can follow the racing up in Weld One?

Skip
Old 10-13-2010, 12:28 PM

DAMMIT!!!!

I was really looking forward to watching this.

YouTube & Chevelle pics - Instagram @nick.v70 & @ChevelleFactory
Old 10-13-2010, 01:34 PM

Well Im glad I did not make plans to go out htis year. But then again I will not be ]back in the country until middle of Novmember. Sorry to guys that are dissappointed about this I know I would be upset. why doesnt everybody race at poleposition the indoor cart track then some fun before you leave and still kinda close to airport. Just a suggestion

72 Chevy Nova in pieces trying to rebulid this bucket of bolts (really just a labor of love)

Crew Chief's: Helping pilots get laid since 1947
Old 10-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Curtis --

Here's my 'take' on the situation.

Since we all know the rules - regardless of how late we feel they were posted - we were all treated equal. Some of us jumped on the chance to volunteer and emailed our choices ASAP so as to make the small field. I'd rather do a little bit to HELP (I wouldn't call this WORK) and be close to the action - than I would sit it out and whine about it. Everyone was given this choice to make. Help out, or sit it out.

Most all of us have a long travel time and effort to get to SEMA / OUSCI... and many had to modify their flights and hotels and rental cars etc. That was due to the late posting of this critical info. I was ready to cancel my entire SEMA trip if I'd not made the short list. Yes - I was very unhappy with the short notice. The airfare etc - hotel and blah blah blah would have needed to be changed - or used (boring - another day in Vegas after a week is not my choice for sure!) and paid for without the reward of being at this event.

My point is -- I could volunteer - QUICKLY - to make the short list - or try QUICKLY to hook up with a buddy to be car crew - or do nothing to try to remedy the situation and then be 'mad'.

I used to ask my employees when they'd complain about something.... "are you part of the problem, or part of the solution"? Since there are compelling reasons these rules had to be instituted there's nothing "we" can do to change them - so your only choice was to volunteer or hitch a ride... End of story.

Sorry, but you made your choice.
Greg,

There is NO way I could make the event due to the fact that I am far, far away from home these days. So this isn't for myself. I have the connections to get in if I wanted. Additionally I have no problem volunteering for any position. It's more for those who where unable to find a way into the limited number of volunteer slots. As you stated the short notice nearly caused you to cancel the entire trip and I hate to see that happen to anyone. Keep in mind that I don't post and whine about how things affect me and me alone.

I do understand that there are going to be limitations at an event of this type. However, I doubt all the options have been explored or considered.

Now that a member from LG and PT are being allowed to join, I am even more disappointed that many of our community are unable to attend. I hope the event planners will explore things a bit more and try to accommodate as many spectators as possible next year.

Enjoy.

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/

Last edited by Spiffav8; 10-13-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

I totally get it Curtis ---

You wrote your posts as an "I" -- so I didn't get that you were posting on behalf of anyone that might feel this way. Actually -- I think we all feel the same way - disappointed at not having ALL of our friends etc that want to attend be able to...
Old 10-14-2010, 02:49 PM

As much as it sucks that Optima/FM3 had to make this late notice to curtail spectator attendance, I'm sure it has much more to do with the track ownership and THEIR policies, as opposed to an Optima/FM3 decision.

The track owners need to know that they won't have real spectator safety issues (not to mention the potential liability) if, say, 200 folks were to show up and there are not adequate means to know with 100% certainty that they are kept out of harms way.

Steve hit the nail on the head, move it to LVMS (2.5 mile road course) next year.

Project update thread here:
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=12743

My Lateral-G Page

My Shop Build:

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16310
Old 10-14-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhite692 View Post
Steve hit the nail on the head, move it to LVMS (2.5 mile road course) next year.
With the optional pit pass off course!