Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 03-26-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skooli View Post
My hat's off to you for teaching your son a good lesson. I think you'll be surprised at how the way you dealt with this issue will influence his future behavior. I hope I have the same kind of patience if my kid gets in this position. I'm curious, do you know if this kid just focused on your son, or did he pick on other kids as well?
I am told my son was about 90% or more of that kids focus. My son is very popular with all of the other kids and always gets a lot of attention from them. The bully kid was on the other end of the spectrum. He was always negative, mean and not open to "playing well" with the other kids. I am told that most of the kids in the class "gravitate to my son". (teachers words). In her opinion the bully targeted my son since he was the focus of positive attention by classmates. I guess the bully was trying to get attention himself and thought by picking on my son it would work. And in a way it did. He got a lot of negative attention. But it is still attention.

1970 Camaro.....on the road someday!
Old 03-28-2010, 07:17 PM

I just read your thread for the first time, Eric. You chose the correct avenues to get the problem taken care of. You did good by taking this route and teaching your son an important lesson in life that there are different ways, non violent ways, to solve a problem. It's good to hear things are working out.

Be positive and keep the Faith!

1969 Firebird, 4-speed Coupe

If GOD is for us, then who can be against us!
Old 03-28-2010, 07:46 PM

Thanks Ron, I do appreciate it.
I am really happy things are going smooth now.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:10 PM

The lawyer will probably ask you for dates and specifics, be ready to provide detailed information about each incident. The more documentation the better. A kid that age shouldn't have to worry about a Bully confronting him on a daily basis.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Pozzi View Post
The lawyer will probably ask you for dates and specifics, be ready to provide detailed information about each incident. The more documentation the better. A kid that age shouldn't have to worry about a Bully confronting him on a daily basis.
Thanks for the advice David. I do have all of the things you mentioned documented along with the reports the nurse or any other staff have to fill out for any incidents. I think (hope) I have all of my bases pretty well covered right now. And you're right, no kid that age should have a bully issue. At the same time no kid that age should BE the bully either. I can only imagine what he has gone through to get that way. He had to learn it somewhere.