Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 06-17-2012, 02:45 PM

Sounds like the new shop is gonna be nice. Sometimes priorities suck huh? well, especially when you want stuff for your car that is...

I wish I had a spare motor lying around for you but I feel like there are a lot of used small blocks and even brand new ones selling for the ~$2000 range. I think you're making a good decision to get it running to enjoy it and then saving up for the real deal. good luck

1970 chevelle, 383/turbocharged/carb'd/5 speed.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:00 PM

haha...thanks Doug, the pay off for waiting will be worth it in the end. These cars are not cheap so if it means waiting till the right time with funds then it is what it is.

Shop space is coming along, I have been plucking away at it a couple hours late day each week and going through everything from the old building to scale back on stuff we didn't need to hold onto any longer. The far rack is going to be my space for the Chevelle or any truck projects we bring in. Should be getting the place wired with outlets in all the right spots and under lighting for the work bench's in the next couple weeks once I am done placing everything. Thinking about running carpet on the main bench's to make a really nice surface to work off of, most all the stuff we work on is pretty clean. Going to make a couple dis-assembly carts with shelfs that have expanded metal so when we take parts off that are dirty it will be easy to push out side, clean and rinse and then paint.

I hope to stack a good amount of parts aside for this winter and sometime after SEMA in Nov. to pull the Chevelle apart and get a good amount handled to have it back together with the chassis reinforced and a SBC power plant in it so I can beat on it next summer.

Nick

YouTube & Chevelle pics - Instagram @nick.v70 & @ChevelleFactory
Old 07-17-2012, 12:47 PM

Congrats on the new shop Nick, hope all is well.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:28 PM

lookin good!

1970 chevelle, 383/turbocharged/carb'd/5 speed.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Nick the black trim and hood looks sick! Slam that thing on the ground, it's got a nasty attitude.

70 Elcamino G-machine
Build thread https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=41130
Old 05-23-2013, 11:42 AM

Thank you, been busy with business and building a couple truck projects but I hope later in the year I can drop a motor and trans in it and beat on it some more. Kinda at a point where I need to drop a good chunk of money into it for the next steps I want to handle on the car so I have tried hard to leave it alone until time and money is available, but its so damn hard lol

YouTube & Chevelle pics - Instagram @nick.v70 & @ChevelleFactory