Password

Old 03-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

One more...QMP Racing in Chatsworth, CA

Old 03-02-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69/RS View Post
I'm in Nor Cal.
I talked to them and ask for an estimate 3 times on 3 different occasions.
Been to the shop and met both of them. Both nice guys and look like they know what they are doing but after asking anyone for an estimate more then a couple times and not getting it make me a little concerned about paying for an entire motor in advance. I have read of horror stories on some forums and don't want to be one. Thanks though!
Something just does not add up with this. I'm not making excuses for them or trying to stir the pot, but there is only one reason I can think of for them not getting back to you. They don't want your business. Seems like you are having a lot of issues getting what you want from a number of different sources. My need to re-adjust the way you are going at it. Good luck.

69 Camaro, 68 Camaro, 05 GTO.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinB View Post
Something just does not add up with this. I'm not making excuses for them or trying to stir the pot, but there is only one reason I can think of for them not getting back to you. They don't want your business. Seems like you are having a lot of issues getting what you want from a number of different sources. My need to re-adjust the way you are going at it. Good luck.
That would be my take on the situation. Business ain't that good that "everyone" is turning down a guys business... so some part of this story doesn't add up. Not slamming the OP... but it just doesn't make any sense.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:42 AM

In the LS world tons of guys use Texas Speed for all kinds of LSX combinations. I would think Wegner or those Texas would be the way to go for a longblock. As far as LSX cams go, I only buy from Thunder Racing.

Smithcraft Collision and Restoration
Newcastle , CA
Old 03-02-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
So the builders don't know what it costs to build the motor you want? Or is it that you just don't want to pay what it costs to build it. If the people in the business are telling you what it costs to build the motor... and you don't like what you're hearing... I'd say it may be you that has to figure it out.
What he said.....
Old 03-02-2012, 01:33 PM

Your right, it doesn't add up.
As I said before. I talked to both gentlemen on the phone and in person. I had a good experience with them.....NOTHING NEGATIVE. Just didn't get back to me. I don't want to sit here and talk about a specific company's business in a negative manner when I didn't have a negative experience with them.
My money is just as good as anyone else's.
Don't really know how to go about it differently? I call the shop, tell them what Im looking for and what it's going into and they don't get back to me. This happened to me with at least 4 shops.
I got a couple quotes from some reputable shops and when I'm about to send money...I cant get in contact with them for weeks. I don't want to send money to someone who cant communicate or answer simple questions....sorry.
I'm not really that difficult to deal with. My business is customer service and deal with people all day long so I know there is nothing I'm doing wrong.I got some names of a few shops on this post and thank you to the guys for the info. I will be calling in the next couple hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinB View Post
Old 03-02-2012, 04:50 PM

Shawn Miller at VA speed. Tom Nelson From NRE. LME Kurt urban.. there is a solid hand full of builders.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:17 PM

Thanks for all the info. A lot to take in. I will call a coupe more guys Monday and see what I come up with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks67 View Post
Majority of your engine builders will be busy this time of year. They are getting ready for racing season. You need to find an engine builder and a tuner for an LSX supercharged engine. Good luck in finding a turn key engine with harness. I had to chat with lot different people to get my engine built. Wegner Automotive developed the pulley setup for mine. Spear-tech did the harness, but it was lot of calling different vendors. The Harrop supercharger was a special length to fit the car.

I talked to several engine builders off LS1-tech, but Kurt Urban was the most helpful of all them. Kurt gave me lot advice for my supercharged LS-3 418 with a Harrop TVS2300. My local raceshop built it for me, but Kurt got Rich Gala as the dyno tuner for my engine. Another person that helped me out was Lance Nist of Pantera EFI. He is in Santa Ana, California. Lance operates an LS engine development company. I do know that Lance has worked with pro chargered LS engine, but it used a VVT cam. Made 100 hp over a regular cam. So you might contact him.

Jeff
Old 03-02-2012, 10:25 PM

I spoke with Nelson at the SEMA show about building a motor. I know he can definetly get one done but didn't want to wait 6 months and pay a lot more because of his reputation. I haven't heard of the other guys......Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmatt View Post
Shawn Miller at VA speed. Tom Nelson From NRE. LME Kurt urban.. there is a solid hand full of builders.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Supporting Member

Why not a Mast motor?