Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Interior and Electrical
User Name
Password

Old 08-19-2013, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
Uhh, naw...didn't think of that. I ain't that smart. LOL!!

Well, don't paint it with gloss paint either use a satin. A friend has this cool 68 Pontiac GTO Pro-Street, that he built with Scott Sullivan. He painted the top of the dash with gloss paint and it is instant glare. So, they repainted with a satin clear.

Jeff

PS. Well, there is only 1 photo of that GTO on the net, it is on Facebook and he has it locked from people downloading it. Never been a magazine, but it is cool what was built in the past.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:36 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che70velle View Post
Marcus, I love this dash! Have you posted about it somewhere else and I missed it? I need some info please.
Yeah Scott, I posted about it in my build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks67 View Post
Looks to be a modified 59-60 Impala dash. Seems everyone is using that dash on pro-touring cars. My original builder owned (4) 1960 Chevy's, so we talked about it on mine. Then I saw that a 67 Camaro with a 60 Impala dash.

Jeff

Yep, it's a 60 Impala dash. Bought it off of Ebay. I have 2 of them. The other is going in my 68 C10. I was going to buy the Paul Atkins dash, but wanted a metal dash instead of fiberglass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks67 View Post
Well, don't paint it with gloss paint either use a satin. A friend has this cool 68 Pontiac GTO Pro-Street, that he built with Scott Sullivan. He painted the top of the dash with gloss paint and it is instant glare. So, they repainted with a satin clear.

Jeff

PS. Well, there is only 1 photo of that GTO on the net, it is on Facebook and he has it locked from people downloading it. Never been a magazine, but it is cool what was built in the past.

Yep, I'm going to paint it either satin of flat black. Even toyed with the idea of covering it in leather.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
Yep, I'm going to paint it either satin of flat black. Even toyed with the idea of covering it in leather.
Mine is base coat/ and satin clear. Well, the top of the dash is satin clear, but inside it is base with clear coat.

I ordered my box from ISIS today from Jay Harris. I believe he said it was called in Touch Net. I ordered my ISIS system back in 2010, when ISIS ran a group purchase. So you have to send back the hardware (Master cell, Power cell, InMotion) back to ISIS to get a crystal upgrade, there is a different clock speed that is required for the new Intouch Net to work with Kenwood DNN990HD. There is no charge for the hardware upgrade.

Oh, Jay mentioned that if you have ECU with OBD II, then you can have this below.

Jeff

Old 08-21-2013, 11:38 AM

Nice^^^^^.