Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Transmission and Rear End
User Name
Password

Old 01-07-2013, 09:43 PM

this got public ugly I tried to order few months ago but was told back order so I waited .but got called back by my local place standard trans and gear when they came in but price changed and I called somone else they were even higher ??? Matt shoot me an email [email protected]

still haven't bought
LSX 376 600 rwhp so duel disc. 8 bolt crank
close ratio T56 everything
Hydralic's
everything except pedals and drive shaft. I have all DSE stuff and I need a cross member & yoke no drive shaft????
Old 01-07-2013, 11:32 PM

I just ordered a Tremec T-56 Magnum from Summit, got to my house in 5 days.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garickman View Post
I just ordered a Tremec T-56 Magnum from Summit, got to my house in 5 days.
Same here. Ordered on 12/27 and it shipped on 1/4. Should have it any day now.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I hear what your sayin guys read my (VENDOR???) in open discussion. I wish I did an off the shelf deal thats for sure but I wanted to make sure it could handle a little extra HP. Big mistake!!!!!!!

Last edited by DOOM; 01-08-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
I hear what your sayin guys read my (VENDOR???) in open discussion. I wish I did an off the shelf deal thats for sure but I wanted to make sure it could handle a little extra HP. Big mistake!!!!!!!
Will it be deemed a mistake if either
A) The cryo holds up to the power and provides long life, smooth positive shift, quality, performance and piece of mind.
or
B) you elect to go through with cancellation and grenade an off the shelf aftermarket trans by exceeding the hp rating.

Just playing devils advocate. You have come this far, hopefully it wraps up smoothly for you Mario.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
If you needed a stronger transmission and it had to be sent off by the vendor to be customized to make it stronger, then I can see where it would take longer. My comment about getting my standard T-56 Magnum from Summit along with Greg's comment about doing the same were more directed towards the comments about 'Tremec being slow to deliver to dealers during the busy/holiday season'. Maybe a bigger company like Summit gets transmissions from Tremec in bigger or more frequent batches. Hard to say really. I agree with you though, it can be super frustrating, especially if it's something as basic as a communication issue. I read your Vendors post also and I agree 100%.

With your particular custom transmission order on this thread, I hope AP can get it wrapped up soon and on its way to you pronto. Wishing you good luck with that.

-Chris

Last edited by chr2002ca; 01-08-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberts68 View Post
Will it be deemed a mistake if either
A) The cryo holds up to the power and provides long life, smooth positive shift, quality, performance and piece of mind.
or
B) you elect to go through with cancellation and grenade an off the shelf aftermarket trans by exceeding the hp rating.

Just playing devils advocate. You have come this far, hopefully it wraps up smoothly for you Mario.
First off SORRY Isak for jacking your thread. Robert I'll clarify my comment. At this point just sorry about the vendor I chose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chr2002ca View Post
If you needed a stronger transmission and it had to be sent off by the vendor to be customized to make it stronger, then I can see where it would take longer. My comment about getting my standard T-56 Magnum from Summit along with Greg's comment about doing the same were more directed towards the comments about 'Tremec being slow to deliver to dealers during the busy/holiday season'. Maybe a bigger company like Summit gets transmissions from Tremec in bigger or more frequent batches. Hard to say really. I agree with you though, it can be super frustrating, especially if it's something as basic as a communication issue. I just had it happen to me with something I ordered yesterday morning. Before placing an order on a particular vendor's website, I called and asked them if they had a particular item in stock. They checked and said "yes, and we can ship it to you today if you order now". I said "great, thanks", and immediately placed the order on the website and got a confirmation of the order in my email. Of course the item didn't ship and when I called today they don't have any current info on when it's going to go out and used the excuse "we're in the middle of moving" and they'll "send me an email with the tracking number as soon as it ships". It's complete bull****. I'll cancel my order tomorrow morning if it doesn't go out today and I'll find another part or way to do what I need to do. I'll do that out of principle. I got better things to do than to be told one story before purchasing and then be given another story after purchasing. So I hear you bro!!! Read your Vendors post also. I agree 100%.

With your particular custom transmission order on this thread, I hope AP can get it wrapped up soon and on its way to you pronto. Wishing you good luck with that.

-Chris
Chris COMMUNICATION!!! thats it plane and simple. I have a small shop and what makes things a lot simpler for me is communiction my customers are updated daily on the statues of there cars they never have to call me about what is going on with there vechicle ever!!! Not saying AP had to call me every day ,but just make me aware of the issues that are going on thats all. I to have to depend on outside sources in my buisness and if they are the ones delaying me my customer is notified ASAP about the delay and why. It saves me so much BS in the end and its so simple. I'll use my thread if need be to comment on this any further.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
That sounds like a trick I know of.... pool a bunch of guys together for a "sale" and then once you get the required amount (5 or 10 orders in bulk) they place the master order and hence the discount.
You could be right, but I ordered last week and here it is.
Thanks APT.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:29 AM
Banned

AP had mine to me in 5 days as well. Then my driveline in 2 days. And when my driveline was to short because of a miscommunication on my end they offered to redo it at cost.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Chris COMMUNICATION!!! thats it plane and simple. I have a small shop and what makes things a lot simpler for me is communiction my customers are updated daily on the statues of there cars they never have to call me about what is going on with there vechicle ever!!! Not saying AP had to call me every day ,but just make me aware of the issues that are going on thats all. I to have to depend on outside sources in my buisness and if they are the ones delaying me my customer is notified ASAP about the delay and why. It saves me so much BS in the end and its so simple. I'll use my thread if need be to comment on this any further.
THAT is the core of the message to vendors. I can accept delays, stuff happens. But I cannot accept a vendor not communicating those delays.
Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you!
"Jeremy Clarkson"