Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Track and Driving Events
User Name
Password

Old 03-29-2010, 10:54 PM
Administrator

Default Pirelli Ultimate Track Car Challenge/Pro Touring Trophy Cup **July 23, 2010**

WHAT: Pirelli Ultimate Track Car Challenge / Pro Touring Trophy Cup
WHERE: Virginia International Raceway
WHEN: July 23, 2010

Grassroots Motorsports magazine is proud to announce a time trial competition for Pro Touring cars. The "race within a race" will be part of the Pirelli Ultimate Track Car Challenge (UTCC). The UTCC is a festival of speed where the fastest street and race cars compete for fastest lap time. Starting this year, the collection of ultimate machines will include pro touring cars. Finally, we will see how our cars compare with a wide range of modern machines on the same day and track. A cross section of cars and parts manufacturers will be represented in the competition. GRM hopes to see four links running head to head with 3 links and torque arms. Best of all, Grassroots Motorsports and Classic Motorsports will collect and analyze track data, and then publish the results for all to read.

RULES ARE SIMPLE:
This is a NASA event. The National Auto Sport Association. They know how to set rules in the interest of speed and safety. There will be no bickering or philosophical disputes. The Pro Touring Trophy Cup is a flat out time trial contest. To be eligible for the Pro Touring Trophy Cup, you must bring a 1980 or older car that is street legal (active tags and insurance), run DOT tires, have reasonably stock sheet metal. (hood, flares, wings, front spoilers and add-ons are okay), functioning headlights and taillights, and a fully upholstered interior with at least two seats (racing buckets are okay). A street car is a car that drives on the street legally. A DOT tire is a tire that is marked "DOT". Simple. NASA does not factor tread wear. Sticky tires are safe tires. DOT certification is ALL THAT IS REQUIRED.

I CAN'T DRIVE:
But I have the absolute baddest pro touring car in the known universe and beyond. To compete, you must have a NASA TT or equivalent license. If you do not have the appropriate license, Grassroots Motorsports is bringing some of the best sportsman racers in the country like Bimmerworld's James Clay. They can drive your car for you.
To apply for an invitation to the Pirelli Ultimate Track Car Challenge, you will need to set up a cardomain.com page. Visit the page below for details:

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/events/UTCC2010

I WANT MORE!
The Pro Touring Trophy Cup is really a plot to get everyone on track. The Pirelli UTCC precedes a NASA Mid Atlantic race weekend with HPDE 1-4 schools. The timing is perfect for you watch the UTCC and then become a better high performance driver. VIR is one of the most beautiful and best tracks in the country. You don't need a pro touring or sports car. All you need is a helmet and a safe car. For 25 years and counting, Grassroots Motorsports has introduced thousands of enthusiasts to the world of road racing and autocross. Grassroots Motorsports wants you. By far, the best pro touring upgrade is you. Come watch the UTCC and then drive the wheels off your car all weekend! Join NASA and get involved.

http://www.nasaracing.net/memberships.htm

FREE SAMPLES
Get FREE samples of Grassroots Motorsports and Classic Motorsports magazines. Both magazines will fun and useful car guy information. Both magazines have big things planned for pro-touring enthusiasts.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/try

http://classicmotorsports.net/try

My LS7 69 Camaro
Old 04-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,852 Times in 506 Posts
Default I'm applying

Well this event look like fun.....NO AUTOCROSS....NO CAR SHOW....NO TIRE TREAD WEAR....Just flat out on a big boy track.

I've submitted my car. I'll see if they pick my car.

VIR is a beautiful track and a great layout.

Stielow
Old 05-05-2010, 11:17 PM

Guess I'm gonna have to dig deep, I'm applying

Last edited by Track Junky; 05-07-2010 at 01:31 AM.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:08 AM

Getting seriously annoyed with car domain site. Definitely not easy to navigate!! I'm now a member!! EDIT, RATINGS, WHERE THE HELL IS THE UTCC 2010 BOX!!!!!!! AHHH!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Junky View Post
Getting seriously annoyed with car domain site. Definitely not easy to navigate!! I'm now a member!! EDIT, RATINGS, WHERE THE HELL IS THE UTCC 2010 BOX!!!!!!! AHHH!!!!!!!
Can somebody please tell me where the friken "Hit counter and ratings" tab is on the car domain site, sheesh!!!!!
Old 05-10-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Can somebody please tell me where the friken "Hit counter and ratings" tab is on the car domain site, sheesh!!!!!
Found it, never mind
Old 05-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,852 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
Yes that web sight SUCKS!

Hope to see you there.

Stielow
Old 05-16-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stielow View Post
Yes that web sight SUCKS!

Hope to see you there.

Stielow
Yeah, same here, since you are the guy that got me started in all of this back in 2002 with the Mule.

I think a thanks is in order due to the amount of fun I've been having on the track. Would love to get you out to the west coast and run Infineon and Thunderhill with me. Dont think it would be to hard to get Charlie Lillard out with us either.

I ran with Bob Owens at Infineon (remember that '69 camaro on Steroids). I was 3400 lbs back then with 400/400 to the rear wheels and he was claiming 2800 lbs 650 hp aside from the fat Goodyear gummies he was using and he was only 3 second faster lap times at 1:53.

I e-mailed John Felton, director of NASA-MA Time Trials to find out when they would be making their decisions. Hope to find out soon.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:08 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

I'm sorry that CarDomain is such a pain in the ass. I emailed this thread to Grassroots Motorsports editor Scott Lear. I will look into your status. I take it you have a competition license?

Ridetech.com
Old 07-11-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfytr68 View Post
I'm sorry that CarDomain is such a pain in the ass. I emailed this thread to Grassroots Motorsports editor Scott Lear. I will look into your status. I take it you have a competition license?
Sorry reply so late, yes, I have a NASA Time Trial License.

Last edited by Track Junky; 07-11-2010 at 09:57 PM.