Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Track and Driving Events
User Name
Password

Old 07-11-2010, 06:18 PM

Absolutely insane craftsmanship. The only unfortunate variable for me is they are just art. That's what I love about the Roadser Shop vette and the DSE cars. They are killer rides that get driven HARD. The Ringbrothers look like they knocked another one out of the park.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:21 PM

I would put Poteet's truck at the very top for the entire show. It is insane at all the details that was put into the truck. 80% was hand fabricated and most of it looks like polished and plated vintage parts. I was speechless trying to take it all in.

Afterburner is just as wicked as when I saw it at SEMA, and still found things on it I did not see the frst time.

That pink Mustang makes me think about Trepanier's "Bomungus" (sp?) every time I see it.

The 54 vette was very well built, but very sutble in changes. I don't know what held it out of the top 5, but I would have put it in there

Mannings car is awesome, then again all DSE cars are top notch.

Anti-bling is where it is at, simple. I think Rupp started it all when he sold his pansy blue 69 and bought Penny. That is my story and I am sticking too it.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
Absolutely insane craftsmanship. The only unfortunate variable for me is they are just art. That's what I love about the Roadser Shop vette and the DSE cars. They are killer rides that get driven HARD. The Ringbrothers look like they knocked another one out of the park.
Todd.. I agress to some extent. However "most" Street Rods are built as eye candy. But that doesnt mean they arent driven. I know this car and others in fact that are driven. But mainly for a nice cruise. They arent driven "hard" like that of a street machine. Purpose built.... ones purpose is to show off, the other to perform. Evolution is a good thing !

Last edited by HRBS; 07-11-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxtaposed View Post
Maybe its just me, and I have only seen the thing in pictures, but the '54 Vette does absolutely nothing for me. It appears to have no presence. Like I said, I have only seen it in pictures and have not seen it in person. That thought might change if I was standing in front of it, but it doesn't look like it has any attitude. I think it might have something to do with it not having any trim that shines. Just my opinion...and thats all it is.
I thought the same thing when I saw it in the pictures. It really looked like a stock Vette with big wheels and lowered stance. This weekend I saw it at the show and the car was incredible. I couldn't get over how aggressive it looked. It should have been in the top 5 like everyone else says. Other than that I agree with the choices goodguys made
Old 07-11-2010, 07:33 PM

Time to finish up Saturday pics.

A little more G-Force to start the evening:

Chevy II RPM is building. Should be nice.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:38 PM

Awards Ceremony

Last edited by toddshotrods; 07-11-2010 at 07:41 PM. Reason: wrong pic
Old 07-11-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclerodz View Post
Anti-bling is where it is at, simple. I think Rupp started it all when he sold his pansy blue 69 and bought Penny. That is my story and I am sticking too it.
I doubt I started anything except trouble.. but thanks..

And it wasn't "pansy".. it was just.. well.. ok, maybe a little.

See Bad Penny run the cones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GUPPIX-92U

1971 Chevelle Wagon - Roadster Shop Chassis ProCharged Shafiroff LS and lots of yada yada

1968 Camaro - Project Track Rat - 440 RHS LS
Old 07-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Moreno View Post
Your confusing Manning's car with the 69 that had all the Anvil carbon fiber parts, hood, trunk, rear spoiler, etc..... lots of nice parts but the fit and finish on the doors, etc was horrible!

Manning's car on the other hand had some of the BEST fit and finish I have ever seen on ANY car not just Camaro's. DSE did an incredible job.
You're probably right, because the Manning/DSE Camaro was very nicely done. I talked to the owner of the '69 with our parts about his car. I was a little unnerved when I saw how the trunk lid fit until he explained to me that the gas springs on the EMS billet trunk hinges he used had too high a pressure rating and pushed up on our light weight deck lid. He also just got the car together right before the show and did all the work himself. Taking that into consideration, I think his car looked pretty cool. The owner is a body man and the paint was very nice as was the stance and overall attitude of his car. Now that the show is over, he should have time to dial it in.
'69 Camaro
'73 Camaro
'10 Camaro RS/SS
'96 Viper GTS
'70 Bronco
'69 Mustang sports roof
Old 07-11-2010, 10:02 PM

Well were home and are sunburned and exhausted to say the least. There seem to be a good turn out considering the rain we got most of the day friday.The Dse built 69 camaro,54 corvette,Ringbrothers fairlane, and Poteet's pickup and his 300 post chevelle were a few of my favorite's. The top 5 always seems to be a matter of debate but Roger Burman built car that won had some serious body mods and they made it a masterpiece.It was great to see old friends and great to make some new ones. Thanks to all who stopped and checked out Paul's blue chevy II and said hi, it sure has done a 180 from what it was a few years ago when it was orange.Hope everyone has a safe trip home. Joe.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:51 PM

Another amazing show congrats Marty on such a marvel of a lil pickup absolutely amazing your gonna be glad you built a truck gonna need something with a bed to carry all the awards home.

Heres a few that i just adored today...

[IMG]
[/IMG]

Last edited by G-Body; 07-11-2010 at 10:54 PM.