Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Track and Driving Events
User Name
Password

Old 07-13-2010, 06:27 PM
Supporting Vendor

RoadsterShop.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddshotrods View Post
How many vehicles did they have there?! Last year's SMOY, the street rod, a Suburban, all those chassis, and wasn't there an unfinished older (50s) pickup at their booth Sunday? How many rigs do they travel with?
It only took 4 trailers to haul everything! 7 cars, 8 chassis, 2 IFS displays, and all the other signage and display stuff. We have to get in touch with the packaging department at IKEA and see how we can get all of this stuff into the back of a minivan because the fuel costs are getting insane!

Great show though. We were thrilled to have a car in the top 5 for both SROY and SMOY. COLUMBUS IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST EVENT OF THE YEAR! It is great to see everyone and see what they are building. There were a lot of top notch cars from both pro shops and home builders. That AMC and the Code Red T/A were pretty killer cars that didn't get the attention/recognition they deserved.

I have to agree that Troy's P/U was the biggest shock. We saw that thing at Indy and were blown away by the workmanship and detail that went into it. We had that pinned for SROY with out a doubt.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS-Perf View Post
It only took 4 trailers to haul everything!...
Lol, I would have loved to see you guys coming down the road tugging four trailers full of hot rods! Sweet!

Quote:
...We have to get in touch with the packaging department at IKEA and see how we can get all of this stuff into the back of a minivan because the fuel costs are getting insane!...
You could always start building Isettas, original Minis, etc. You could fit two or three for every piece of American muscle, and stack the chassis on end in back of the trailer.

Quote:
...Great show though. We were thrilled to have a car in the top 5 for both SROY and SMOY. COLUMBUS IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST EVENT OF THE YEAR! ...
I thought it seemed to be pretty special, but I hadn't been to a major show in a while before last year. I moved here from Northeastern Ohio where, way back when, we used to have the Hot Rod Super Nationals in Canfield, OH. That's where I fell off the deep end seeing the work of people like Scott Sullivan, and the first real street-legal drag cars. They were in the 8s one year, then in the 7s the next. The ground trembled when they pulled in the A&W cruise afterwards, like there was an earthquake.

The PPG Nats are the most fun I've had since then - nice.

Last edited by toddshotrods; 07-13-2010 at 06:45 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Supporting Vendor

I just posted a cool video of the 1954 Vette that has our Mesh 3 piece wheels on our website. Here's a link to the video

http://www.bozeforged.com/videos.html

Zak
Old 07-14-2010, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyd View Post
another note , did everyone see the roadster shop built 55 subburban . that was my favorite vehicle in the show !
6 seats , a/c , 700 hp ls ,will kick a corvette a$$ at a stoplight ..... plenty of room for a beer cooler . what else can anyone want .
The ultimate SUV, very creative project. Maybe Jeremy should duplicate this ride as a shop truck for pulling a trailer loaded with gear for the shows they attend. It would definitely be an approvement on the gas cost they been burning up lately LOL. Great job R.S.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,369 Posts

Just went through all the posts.

I liked reading the many compliments of the vehicles being discussed here from people who saw the 'glasses' full, half full or even a little full.

Skip
Old 07-14-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddshotrods View Post

Does anyone have any information on The Poteet Chevelle? It looks petty sweet(as are all of his cars). Who built it?

Default Roadster shop cars

Without a doubt, the Roadster shop cars are very cool and very well executed. They run the cars and drive them well. Great guys and superb concepts. The Suburban was outstanding. I would not want that hauling cost. Mine is big never mind what they have to incur. And I was a huge fan of the track inspired Miller as my pick for SROY. But then again my slant always favors a race influence. That car was very unique. I would have loved to see it do the autocross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gz06cam View Post
Ty,
Glad to see your chime in. Bob's car was killer. I was next to it for 4 hours and really had a great discussion with him. Great work by him. Congrats are in order. We should have spent time comparing gaps, but that did not seem important. Captain Manning is coming home from Iraq next month. Philly Cheese steak?? Michael
Hells YES my friend!!! Only I'll go traditional this time... "wit"! LOL
Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST
Old 07-14-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger M View Post
Does anyone have any information on The Poteet Chevelle? It looks petty sweet(as are all of his cars). Who built it?
legends rod shop . this is a wicked car .
Old 07-14-2010, 11:01 AM

Somehow I managed to miss Poteet's Chevele . Looks like it would have been nice to see though .

David