Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Goodguys Events
User Name
Password

Old 06-19-2012, 07:53 AM

Default Chicago

Is Goodguys in Chicago canceled this year?
Old 06-19-2012, 08:12 AM

Yes it is.

Lack of attendance coupled with scheduling conflicts with the facility led to the end of this event. Sad to see it go. I really can't believe that the Chicago area did not support this event any better.

Special Thanks to:
D&Z Customs, Roadster Shop, Weld Racing Wheels, Wilwood, BF Goodrich, Dynatech, and C&R Radiators
Old 06-19-2012, 07:59 PM

I heard Only 900 cars showed up last year. Our car was one of them. On Sunday an additional 200 late model cars were registered. Its too bad about the cancellation. This was a good event.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:11 PM

I also was sad to see it go but I can honestly say I am not surprised. Attendance seems to be terrible for anything automotive related at that track. Super Chevy even cancelled their event there.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochevy67 View Post
I also was sad to see it go but I can honestly say I am not surprised. Attendance seems to be terrible for anything automotive related at that track. Super Chevy even cancelled their event there.
Yep. Most every event that sets up there has a hard time of it.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billetman View Post
Yep. Most every event that sets up there has a hard time of it.
Yep ever sines they opened that track they have had trouble getting people to go to events there. I went to the first 4 years of the NHRA races there and then they added the second event and attendance went down. Then they cancelled the second race after a couple of years.

I think it's because here in Chicago we have so many cruse nights and such we get to use our cars more often, or maybe we just aren't car show guys anymore. We like to drive them. I know I do (well that is if I ever finish it ).

Maybe we should try to do a Pro Touring cruse night or maybe something like a poker run type event?? Sometime in early fall?? Maybe I will start a thread to see how many would be up for something like that??

[SIGPIC]https://neversaynever0304.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/you-didnt-see-anything.gif[/SIGPIC]
Old 06-23-2012, 12:47 AM

That may be true about Chicago having too many cruise nights,but other Goodguys events are located around larger cities also and they don't have attendance problems. Maybe the cruise night or poker run you are prescibing might work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick D View Post
Yep ever sines they opened that track they have had trouble getting people to go to events there. I went to the first 4 years of the NHRA races there and then they added the second event and attendance went down. Then they cancelled the second race after a couple of years.

I think it's because here in Chicago we have so many cruse nights and such we get to use our cars more often, or maybe we just aren't car show guys anymore. We like to drive them. I know I do (well that is if I ever finish it ).

Maybe we should try to do a Pro Touring cruse night or maybe something like a poker run type event?? Sometime in early fall?? Maybe I will start a thread to see how many would be up for something like that??
Old 06-23-2012, 09:25 AM

Rick, if you do one I am definitely in, PM me if you need help. I notice you live or work in Algonquin. I live right in the city and would not recommend starting or finishing the run anywhere near the city limits due to the amount of traffic and idiots driving around here. Out in your neck of the woods there are some nice roads and they would be perfect.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochevy67 View Post
Rick, if you do one I am definitely in, PM me if you need help. I notice you live or work in Algonquin. I live right in the city and would not recommend starting or finishing the run anywhere near the city limits due to the amount of traffic and idiots driving around here. Out in your neck of the woods there are some nice roads and they would be perfect.
I've got some ideas, just going to work up a starting plan and then will post up to see how many would be interested! I will contact you for some help for sure!
I think it could be real fun to do it just after the heat of the summer is gone but before its to cold. Maybe have it end at a hot rod shop and have a BBQ or something like that. I will post up in a couple of days a new thread.

[SIGPIC]https://neversaynever0304.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/you-didnt-see-anything.gif[/SIGPIC]
Old 06-24-2012, 10:36 PM

Sounds good I will wait to hear form you. I agree with the end of summer because it can be a little humid and uncomfortable.