Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 05-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thats Awesome Rich, Sweet! Glad to hear the mistery is solved.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:32 AM

Thumbs up

Congrats Rich.
Your car looks great. Inside and out.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:40 PM

Good news to report , the engine didn't want to run more than about 10 seconds. So I was checking the MAF pin placement in the connector and relized I flipped the air temp sensor wires. After correcting the mis wiring in the MAF connector, I also had heater water leaks in the bulk head plumbing at the firewall, I really dont like those oring hose barb fittings so I tore it all out and switched it to AN stuff. The engine ran great, pig rich but Im sure speartech did that to ensure his ECU doesn't lean out a new engine. The throttle by wire is a very strange feel to me, especially after coming back from a long cruise in my 67 SB camaro(finally nice weather on the east coast). The Ls7 is so refined, my son and I are looking under the hood at the ls7 idling at 800 rpm and we looked at each other and said it seems so stock, does that thing really make power. I mean it idles like your daily driver. I finally tracked down Ed Hutchins, he's a master tuner, Im gonna try and get him to come to my house to tune this thing, next step is a test drive. Bought a couple ring bros/DSE trinkets in the pics, moving forward.

The RB Button head bolts with the large counter bored washers, I wish I could do the whole engine compartment.

The RB hood stops

cool ring from DSE

Finally got the short dumps on the mufflers, I actually cut them off a perfectly good set of magnaflow tail pipes, just for 8 inches of turned pipe with an expanded end, what a waste. They probably would have sat around my shop for the next two decades anyway.

Rich
Old 05-22-2011, 02:11 PM

Glad to hear you got it figured out. That must be a load off your mind for sure. Those parts look sweet on there and I agree the button head bolts and washers dress it up nice. I hope he get there to tune it for you its got to be Tuff being this close to driving it. Nice job figuring out the problem.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:42 AM

Very nice!

Do you mind sharing what pieces you used for your intake and air cleaner?

Also, where did you source them from?
Old 05-23-2011, 11:58 AM

Wayne- Thanks, I do feel a lot better, it just needs to be dialed in. I will keep you posted.

ModernMuseum- Thankyou, Dont mind at all, the intake tubing is from spectre performance you can purchase through summit or jegs. One 90deg 4 inch OD alluminum tubing with a 7 inch leg- part number 97990 and one 22 deg 4 inch OD alluminum tubing with a 6 inch leg- part number 97290

The filter is K&N part number RE-0870
And an AEM dry flow pre-filter part number- 1-4001

The MAF housing and sensor is a Powermax- powerMAF 100 its basically a stock ls7 hitachi sensor with there custom housing.

I used spectre's couplers. Hope this helps- Rich
Old 05-23-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ragtp View Post
Wayne- Thanks, I do feel a lot better, it just needs to be dialed in. I will keep you posted.

ModernMuseum- Thankyou, Dont mind at all, the intake tubing is from spectre performance you can purchase through summit or jegs. One 90deg 4 inch OD alluminum tubing with a 7 inch leg- part number 97990 and one 22 deg 4 inch OD alluminum tubing with a 6 inch leg- part number 97290

The filter is K&N part number RE-0870
And an AEM dry flow pre-filter part number- 1-4001

The MAF housing and sensor is a Powermax- powerMAF 100 its basically a stock ls7 hitachi sensor with there custom housing.

I used spectre's couplers. Hope this helps- Rich
Thanks a lot for the break-down and part numbers.

I've seen a lot of people route it this way. I'm guessing your air cleaner is routed into the void in the fender well? Do you think you're pulling in relatively cool air this way? Just curious, as I've seen people build air boxes to separate the air cleaner air from the engine bay.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:13 PM

If you look at the drivers side head light, just to the right of it is the grill opening and its taking in outside air. I imagine it has to be cooler than the filter being directly under the hood. Yes, the filter is almost completely under the front fender. You could build a sheet metal wall where it enters the fender isolating the filter from the engine bay, I dont think its necessary though. Scott G was very helpful when I was designing mine and informed me that it is a very dirty area and the pre-filter is a must. I would have never thought of that, I guess his filter got pretty dirty in short amount of time.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:27 PM

Thumbs up

Looks great. Love the Ring Brother and DSE upgrades.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ragtp View Post
If you look at the drivers side head light, just to the right of it is the grill opening and its taking in outside air. I imagine it has to be cooler than the filter being directly under the hood. Yes, the filter is almost completely under the front fender. You could build a sheet metal wall where it enters the fender isolating the filter from the engine bay, I dont think its necessary though. Scott G was very helpful when I was designing mine and informed me that it is a very dirty area and the pre-filter is a must. I would have never thought of that, I guess his filter got pretty dirty in short amount of time.
Sweet. Ill probably do mine the same way then.

Any particular reason you pointed your exhaust inward like that? Do you think you get much more noise that way vs running it all the way to the back?